PDA

View Full Version : Acura TSX

EMAXX
05-27-2003, 06:24 PM
I also saw one of these in Denver too. It looks pretty nice, but I don't think that I would ever buy one.

jdmakkord
05-27-2003, 06:25 PM
My gf's getting one in 3 weeks! I cant wait haha something different to drive around.

sin
05-27-2003, 06:29 PM
i hear that theyre horrendously underpowered
only what i heard though

jdmakkord
05-27-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by sin
only what i heard though

If 200hp in a car the size of my accord is underpowered....guess my car must really suck ass. I thought it was fine. Besides, she isn't buying it to race and shit, she isn't a 17 year old ricer.

Weapon_R
05-27-2003, 06:31 PM
I think it's going to prove to be a pretty big mistake for Honda.

The car is underpowered, overpriced, and lacks the luxuries that others have in the same price range.

EMAXX
05-27-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by sin
only what i heard though

The car does seem really underpowered. It should have at least like 275 or so to make it a little better.

XylathaneGTR
05-27-2003, 06:37 PM
I read a review of it in SCC, and they said it was a little underpowered for the size, even tho it was far smaller than the US accord.
I kinda like them...I saw somewhere a TL concept, i think in the current SCC, front end = EXACTLY like the TSX...
I dont really mind it tho...

EMAXX
05-27-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
I read a review of it in SCC, and they said it was a little underpowered for the size, even tho it was far smaller than the US accord.
I kinda like them...I saw somewhere a TL concept, i think in the current SCC, front end = EXACTLY like the TSX...
I dont really mind it tho...

They do look nice, but it could use some more power.

sin
05-27-2003, 06:55 PM
i meant no offense jdm, its just what i read and what ppl have told me

EMAXX
05-27-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by sin
i meant no offense jdm, its just what i read and what ppl have told me

Thats what I've been reading everywhere too.

Mckenzie
05-27-2003, 08:04 PM
The interior is very nice as well as functional. The outside has grown on me too.

However when I look at the price tag and the acura badge, I wonder whats going on. I mean, cant acura/ honda see that hp sells cars now. Look at the HP wars with the domestic trucks, the euro sedans (BMW, Merc, Audi, etc), and the Japanese sedans (lex, infin, etc).

People want RWD V8, 300 hp in a luxury car..... They can get a fully loaded accord with more hp for less money, so why would they buy a TSX.

I swear they have gone downhill since they took the legend out of the lineup... ;)

SilverRex
05-27-2003, 08:21 PM
well that is why there is always aftermarket modification. ppl always fail to realize that when it comes to power, everyone wants more. the more the better. Even at say 275 you will be adjusted to it and not be satisfied.

I remember having my 140hp celica GT and I thought that was great until I got the wrx, and now I want more power.... the STI?:)

jdmakkord
05-27-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie

People want RWD V8, 300 hp in a luxury car..... They can get a fully loaded accord with more hp for less money, so why would they buy a TSX.

The tsx kills the accord sedan in the looks dept. Sure the accord has 240 hp out of the V6. Being a Heavier car, with a heavier motor, it wouldn't surprise me if the tsx walked on it with a few small mods. Especially seeing the results of mods on the last few ivtec motors. My girlfriends choices were down to the accord v6, mercedes c230 coupe, or the tsx. She liked the tsx, for looks, and the drive.

sin
05-27-2003, 08:49 PM
ya but the new accord rules it in interior and options

jdmakkord
05-27-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by sin
ya but the new accord rules it in interior and options

Umm the tsx has the same options plus hid. In fact it has more standard features than the accord. I've sat in both and they are damn near identical, only the tsx is a little tighter.

max_boost
05-27-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
I think it's going to prove to be a pretty big mistake for Honda.

The car is underpowered, overpriced, and lacks the luxuries that others have in the same price range.

Really? BMW 320I/325? Mercedes C240? There are more but I am certain of the above 2! haha

I think it is a great package for the price. Killer looks, solid in and out. Its a Honda, everyone keeps expecting killer torque numbers or something!

SilverRex
05-27-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

The tsx kills the accord sedan in the looks dept. Sure the accord has 240 hp out of the V6. Being a Heavier car, with a heavier motor, it wouldn't surprise me if the tsx walked on it with a few small mods. Especially seeing the results of mods on the last few ivtec motors. My girlfriends choices were down to the accord v6, mercedes c230 coupe, or the tsx. She liked the tsx, for looks, and the drive.

I agree, I was reading a car magazine from hk, it was comparing a black evo 8 and a black euro R (TSX). Even though Spec wise the evo wins all respect but the black tsx had 17" rims, lowered I think and inside out, black and red trim seats, guages, knobs I believe and I was like.. :eek: its definately got my attention.. I didnt even look at the evo on the same page.

btw I think the tsx has HID as well

jdmakkord
05-27-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex

btw I think the tsx has HID as well

YUP!

EMAXX
05-27-2003, 09:07 PM
I made a great disscussion thread.

SilverRex
05-27-2003, 09:13 PM
EURO R picture (http://www.clubtsx.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20)

imagine thats black in color ... :eek:

SilverRex
05-27-2003, 09:15 PM
actually check out this aero kit the TSX have..
it looks quite nice..

TSX with Aero kit (http://www.clubtsx.com/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=11)

jdmakkord
05-27-2003, 09:16 PM
one word MUGEN

jdmakkord
05-27-2003, 09:16 PM
:D

jdmakkord
05-27-2003, 09:17 PM
:bigpimp:

SilverRex
05-27-2003, 09:20 PM
I still like this one better..:D

jdmakkord
05-27-2003, 09:20 PM
give it a month, and see the stuff coming out then! But that last one is damn nice,

variable_x
05-27-2003, 10:00 PM
I think that it is just a little over priced. Everything else seems good. I think TSX is more about smooth torque than horsepower. 2.4 liter with 200 hp seems like a good combination between horsepower and torque.

5.9 R/T
05-27-2003, 10:35 PM
Looks like the last gen camry from the rear. I don't see the big deal with this car, like most things from honda there is nothing exciting about the looks, and 200hp isn't anything to write home about either. For the same amount of cash you can get more power, more room, better looks, and better handling out of a G35. Acura cars in general are overpriced for what you get IMO.

jdmakkord
05-27-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
Looks like the last gen camry from the rear. I don't see the big deal with this car, like most things from honda there is nothing exciting about the looks, and 200hp isn't anything to write home about either. For the same amount of cash you can get more power, more room, better looks, and better handling out of a G35. Acura cars in general are overpriced for what you get IMO.

Big price difference between a tsx and a g35.

04blackMAX
05-27-2003, 11:17 PM
i kinda agree, with what RT said, no offense nav, acura does need to step it up alot to compete with lexus, infiniti...IMO acura is just honda, and i know it is, but when i think of inifiniti i dont really think iam getting a nissian

jdmakkord
05-27-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by vsmSIR
i kinda agree, with what RT said, no offense nav, acura does need to step it up alot to compete with lexus, infiniti...IMO acura is just honda, and i know it is, but when i think of inifiniti i dont really think iam getting a nissian

No offence taken, I aint buying one! haha
I'm just happy honda canada finally brought out what I've been waiting for since 1994. A 200hp honda accord 4cyl. Too bad they rebadged it an Acura. Oh well, I've drive it and let you know how fun it is!:thumbsup:

04blackMAX
05-27-2003, 11:26 PM
yeah man new cars are always nice...dont get me wrong i like it, just wish acura was more like lexus and infiniti....made them a lil more pimp

5.9 R/T
05-28-2003, 01:40 AM

Big price difference between a tsx and a g35.

Can't find the Canadian #'s for a G35, but the american prices on carpoint are compareable between a higher level tsx and an entry level G35.

TSX: $26,490 - $28,490
G35: $27,800 - $32,200

Edit: I just fully optioned out a TSX on Acura.ca and went over 50 grand. There really isn't a big price difference between these two vehicles considering you can get a very well equiped G35 for that amount of money.

sin
05-28-2003, 10:14 AM
and G35's are mad pimp :bigpimp:

Altezza
05-28-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

I just fully optioned out a TSX on Acura.ca and went over 50 grand. There really isn't a big price difference between these two vehicles considering you can get a very well equiped G35 for that amount of money.

Anyone spending $50k for a TSX is on some mad drugs.

jdmakkord
05-28-2003, 10:37 AM
Last time I priced one out, it was 38400, only options necessary were the block heater, fogs, and floor mats. Sure if you added the kit, wood trim, optional wheels, cart cover, casette player, visors, dvd player......etc, it may add up. But Most of that shit us useless anyways. I never realised that the g35's started that cheap, oh well, I do like the coupes, but they do go for a bit more.

littledan
05-28-2003, 10:41 AM
the top of the line accord ex-v6 prices in at $33,500. i think the tsx is overpriced... 5 grand more for a car with a 4 banger... doesn't seem worth it

5.9 R/T
05-28-2003, 03:04 PM
Last time I priced one out, it was 38400, only options necessary were the block heater, fogs, and floor mats. Sure if you added the kit, wood trim, optional wheels, cart cover, casette player, visors, dvd player......etc, it may add up. But Most of that shit us useless anyways. I never realised that the g35's started that cheap, oh well, I do like the coupes, but they do go for a bit more.

Ya G35's are a pretty damn good deal. There is nothing wrong with the TSX, it's clean, has average power, and honda reliability, but there is nothing about it that makes it special, or that makes it stand out among it's competitors. Now if it got the accord V6 as an option on the other hand...

SilverRex
01-16-2004, 11:05 AM
looks like I have something to look forward too,

:)

here's more pics

http://www.aj-racing.com/project-AJRCL7.html

tegdream
01-16-2004, 05:51 PM

here's more pics

wow, im speechless :drool:

on the other hand i find the tsx is more for tunabilty wheras the accord is geared to a much broader market (old folks and such :D)
anywyas, tsx is damn pimp, slightly expensive for the money but i mean, jdm accord sir-T conversion and jeeeeeez

oh and whoever said TL isnt a good buy.....it has more power (bit a bit) then maxima, g35 and any other car in its class...not to mention anything more expensive....watev, ne TL is damn nice

xkon
01-16-2004, 05:56 PM
i test drove both the 5 speed auto and the 6 speed last night... and I agree, horribly underpowered for that size of car... nice, but Id like something that moves!

that and the red one only comes with a tan interior... blech!

OPGForce
01-17-2004, 01:48 AM
:bigpimp:

http://www3.telus.net/7thgencivic/TSX/tsx_side.jpg
http://www3.telus.net/7thgencivic/TSX/tsx_wheel.jpg

tegdream
01-17-2004, 10:43 AM
^^^^ WOWsers....man tsx's or so fuckin pimp!

Xtrema
01-17-2004, 12:07 PM
TSX is a nice car but definitely not a racer.

When are you guys going to stop talking HP and start talking torque?

Having 1000HP means nothing when your car weight 5000lb and only put out 160lb of torque.

That's the problem of TSX, 3300lb loaded with only ~160lb of torque. That's weak. RSX has the same torque and less weight which in turn give you better numbers.

IMO, TSX need a tubro to bring the tq up. I've heard rumor that a turbocharged 250HP/200+lb/ft AWD TSX is in prototype form. Final word on production is not decided yet. It could be again a JDM only deal. But keep your fingers crossed.

max_boost
01-17-2004, 01:42 PM
Even the RSX-S feels sluggish at times, I can't imagine what I'd be getting with the TSX.:drama:

SilverRex
01-18-2004, 07:29 PM
yes I agree the TSX is somewhat underpowered to a certain extent, but its got good low end torque, after a few dyno, the TSX actually puts out closer to 210 hp and 177 lb of torque (if I read it correctly)

not to mention, the standard 17" rims are wopping 21 lbs,
so light rims, single exhust and a CF hood, CAI should be able to put the car into the high 14 sec range. Which is excellent, because this is a fun car with all the right stuff.

if I wanted more speed I'll get a TL

Originally posted by Xtrema
TSX is a nice car but definitely not a racer.

When are you guys going to stop talking HP and start talking torque?

Having 1000HP means nothing when your car weight 5000lb and only put out 160lb of torque.

That's the problem of TSX, 3300lb loaded with only ~160lb of torque. That's weak. RSX has the same torque and less weight which in turn give you better numbers.

IMO, TSX need a tubro to bring the tq up. I've heard rumor that a turbocharged 250HP/200+lb/ft AWD TSX is in prototype form. Final word on production is not decided yet. It could be again a JDM only deal. But keep your fingers crossed.

04blackMAX
01-18-2004, 07:32 PM

here's more pics

:barf: :barf: dont put a CF good on that....

Moonracer
01-18-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by 04blackMAX

:barf: :barf: dont put a CF good on that....

Why not, just paint it white to match. :)

04blackMAX
01-18-2004, 08:00 PM
why dont you just keep the stock hood then.....?