PDA

View Full Version : The truth about DA Motorsport (the so called 1000hp M3) - Scam artists

Manimillion
03-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Hello guys,
I'm Rija the owner of maybe 500 hp turbo m3 instead of 1000hp promised by DA MOTORSPORT in turkey...
this is the story:
at first we contacted him by mail and after several mailing we agreed about the amount of 1000hp turbo kit. This amount was 9600 euro
We brought the car there on april 2005. We transfered about 4000 euros before bringing the car in turkey. Once we arrived there Mert told me that he must modify the chassis unless DAMOTORSPORT can't make the car testings... i agreed. I stayed 2 days in istanbul.
When i went back to France he wrote me this e-mail:

De : da-motorsport <[email protected]>Répondre à : [email protected]
I found an excellent turbocharger for you.
This new charger is a new world. Will make the M3 a super fast car.What you need is:
1-You need new valves.
Also your valve springs must be changed with modifiedones. Your current valve springs cannot open and close at 2.2 bar of boostpressure. 9 of the valves are worn and when they are seated they do not seatproperly. Also most of the valve steams are worn. We will buy new valves andalso heavy duty valve springs.
Your current valve springs must be changed. Racing valve springs, upper and lower titanium retainers will be installed. 1640 euro including labor of the head and installation.

2- - Chasis must be modified. You were in my car and this is no joke. If we donot modify the rear end of the M3 we will damage it during software tuning. Wemust do it. The first part that will fail is the rear subframe. The final drivecarrier will flex and damage the transmission and propeller shaft. We willdamage these parts during software tuning. 1.420 Euro for chasis and finaldrive carrier mods.

3- We need a X brace 245 Euro

4- Front tower brace 420 Euro

5-Rear tower brace 540 Euro. Without these 3 items we cannot test the car. This is not a child’s game. Chasis flexes under 1000 nm of torque if you do notinstall these parts. In fact with the new turbocharger we will make 1150 nM oftorque.

6- Two tires 255-40-17 Bridgestone S03 480 Euro (here we have expensivetires)

7- Final drive price is 1.540 Euro. We can get a final drive for 1100 euro butthese will be too old. Old ones have less than 25 % lock. So you need a goodconditioned one. 1540 euro includes installation and differential oil.

8- You need the clutch which we use. Your current clucth and pressure platewill not hold under 1150 nM of torque and needs to be replaced. 1260 Euro

9- You also need a flywheel, your flywheel is worn and need to be replaced witha stronger one. Standard M3 flywheels get damaged under 2.2 bar. Moreover yourcurrent flywheel is worn. 960 Euro.

10- You need to buy the sway bars that we have offered you. 690 Euro. This isa chasis modification.

11- Please send me the timing chain rails which you should bring earlier.

12- You will also need 3 gauges inside your car.
A- Boost gauge of 2.5 bar 177 EURO
B- Exhaust gas temperature gauge 233 Euro
C- Fuel pressure gauge 246 EuroThese 3 gauges are very important to monitor any problem of the car. Sometimes ahose can be loose and you will have 0 psi of boost and this will be seen withthe help of the gauge. Exhaust temperature gauge is a MUST for all turbochargedcars. EGT gauge shows what is going on inside the engine.

13- Forged piston production is 4-5 weeks as the drag season is approaching isUSA. I do not prefer waiting 5 weeks. If we want them to produce the pistonsin 7 days we have to pay an additional fee of 380 Euro. If you want to wait 5weeks the complete project will be delayed, because we need to install thepistons and program the softare and also test the car which will take 1000 km. The long piston production time is not our fault. As you have arrived 1 monthlater than the predetermined time schedule, our piston producer has becomebusier. It depends on you, we can wait for 5 weeks. As I wrote above, thecomplete project will be delayed due to the 5 weeks.Total cost of the new items is 10.231 Euro.

Plus the main turbocharger kit.What was the 1000 hp Turbo Kit that we have offered you? 9.700 Euro orsomething like that? I have to go back and check my old mails so please informus about the “price of the main kit”.These items MUST be changed. Without these items we cannot modify your car. Once again if one of these items fail we cannot finish the 1000 hp project. Youhave been in my car and saw how it was. We have serious boost pressures. YourM3 will run at 2.2 bar and rev 8300 rpm.
We need to receice money in order to buy these parts. Please confirm the totalamount of the new items and also the main price of the turbo kit and we arewaiting for your money transfer. It will be faster to send money with WesternUnion.

Thanks God I have found a “wonderful” turbocharger for your M3 and we will makea very very fast M3. In fact your M3 will be faster than mine. Once you comehere we will test yours and mine.On Sunday I have found a SL 65 and kicked it. It was so nice and cannot tellyou how it felt. Highway and I hit 330km/h. SL 65 was shocked. My camera hadno casette inside. I wish there was a casette inside. SL65 tried to beat usand we flied and there was a huge difference between us. Your M3 will be a SL65 and GT2 Killer.Best regardsMert DASTAN--DA Team ChiefS50B32 + Garrett GT42 = 1.000+ hp--

-We checked the flywheel: it's an original one. We paid for a modified one as you see in his mail...
-Not even one Gauge inside the car. Have you read his prices????
-Sway bars are original ones... we paid 690 euros
-1.420 Euro for chasis and final drive carrier mods: No final drive carrier modification at all.

We don't have a ball bearing turbocharger just a small one with A/R .60, that will never output 1000 hp.
When i finished paying the total amount after about 10 months the car was not finished. Mert kept it 8 months more to finish it. I went back there on september 2006 to take it.
I was so deceived to see that on DAMOTORSPORT dyno the car didn't show 1000 hp. Maybe 330 rwhp...
And so on... DAMOTORSPORT just ripped us off, the kept all my original parts, maybe they sold them, if you read this Mert you should be ashamed.

There are many things that i didn't say here but ask question if you want... I will post some pictures of DA MOTORSPORT work, TSI wires like rubbish.

From Istanbul to France the car ate 5 liters of oil!!! is that normal????

Conclusion, if you want to be ripped off, buy a kit from DA MOTORSPORT...
Some friends of mine have also had problems with Mert... They didn't get their parts.

Taken from a Turkish BMW forum. I am sooo not surprised, they couldn't even come up with a simple dyno sheet for their claimed 1000hp.

Mert Dasdan (owner) from DA Motorsport has also been trying to tell me that an E46 M3 loses 38% of its engine power once the power gets to the rear wheel.

He has been asked to race a local (Local to Istanbul, Turkey) Single Turbo Supra, and never ever showed up since he knew that the Supra would rip him an other hole.

*uzi*

Toms-SC
03-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Thanks I think

Manimillion
03-14-2007, 04:18 PM
One more thing. A good friend of mine knows one of the Ferrari owners that he raced on his videos. The Ferrari was asked not to go WOT because they were filming. :rolleyes:

This guy is just too much!@

7thgenvic
03-14-2007, 04:31 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

tictactoe2004
03-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

A790
03-14-2007, 07:33 PM