PDA

View Full Version : lowering question

dave101
07-17-2007, 01:29 AM
i'm gonna be going up to utah soon for college and i'm wondering, if i end up pulling some green outa my pocket and end up getting a scooby, and i lower it, how is this gonna affect driving in the winter? utah gets plenty of snow in the winter like you guys. heck, for all i know it may get more. but are your lowered cars still drivable? or does it loose all purpose in the winter?

i dont wanna be tearing up my front and the sorts

Syph3r
07-17-2007, 08:44 AM
You can still drive a lowerd car in the winter. typically people lower them like 2" on the front and similar on the rear to remove the fender gap. You should still be able to drive in same type of snow as non lowered just as long as you dont drop it so its scraping the ground :eek:
Suby is for sure the best thing to even think about driving lowerd in the winter. you should check out nasioc for more info.;)

have a look at this color thread its has plenty of lowered cars:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294164&page=81 and on and on

dave101
07-17-2007, 12:46 PM
ah thank you. and yea, nasioc has been my best friend for the last couple days.

cant wait to own my first suby:clap:

edit: question:

can i throw on a 3 inch catback onto the stock midpipe and worry about the aftermarket midpipe and downpipe later? i'm pretty sure i will wanna go 3" and funds will be limited.

also, will i pass emissions with an aftermarket midpipe that has a high flow cat along with an aftermarket downpipe?

Syph3r
07-18-2007, 10:01 AM
Hmm, well seeing as you have a turbo then yah 3inch is just fine but just so you have your terminoligy correct,

what is commonly reffered to as a "catback" means it is the midpipe and axelback as in it is the exhaust from the cat to the end of the car. Turbo subies have the header, up pide, down pipe, cat, midpipe, axel back. those are all the seperate parts that can be taking off indivdually. the midpipe contains a resonator which would appear as a cat but its just a res, and I belive a 3inch should bolt up to the stock cat as the piping are flared at the ends, but you might want to search around nasioc for it more specifically, Ive herd lots of people doing 3inch catbacks so there should be no issues.

As for emissions the midpipe dosnt have a cat as stated above just a resonator so theres no big deal there. If you get an aftermarket highflow cat afterwards then you should still pass depending on how nazi they are and what type of high flow you get. Again you should check out Nasioc for more info.

Hope that kinda helps, my turbo knowladge is not up to par but yah, check out Nasioc. :thumbsup: