PDA

View Full Version : Alberta Fake IDs

pattyt
09-08-2007, 11:37 AM
So i was talking to a buddy of mine the other day and he was telling me how he got a fake ID the other day cuz hes only 18. I asked to see it and to my surprise it was a Alberta ID, which was made here in Ontario. I had a pretty good laugh, he had a drivers license and a University ID made for him. He said it worked fine at beer stores and strippies, which made me think, does anyone know if in Alberta, people are pulling the same shit with like Ontario fake IDs?

BTW everywhere he goes now, whenever he uses it he says he always gets the same comment on, "OOOOOO wow an Alberta boy eh? Hows the stampede over there?" :poosie:

Chester
09-08-2007, 11:38 AM
18 is the legal age for everything here though, so why would he need a fake?

l/l/rX
09-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Chester

...no dood....isnt that only alberta? outside of alberta its 19

Chester
09-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

Well "here" implies Alberta....thats where we are, right?

Doozer
09-08-2007, 11:48 AM

From the sounds of it, the kid is 18 in Ontario, where the legal age is 19. So he lives in Ontario, has a fake Alberta ID saying he's actually 19 or 20, and because people in Ontario aren't as familiar with Alberta IDs, he probably gets away with it.

For the OP, I don't know if people are doing that here. When I was 17, they were still using paper licenses, so it was a lot easier ...

euro_racer
09-08-2007, 11:54 AM
haha, back in the highschool days some kids would get ID's from Saskatchewan, manitoba, even from the states and some times europe :rofl:

so to answer your question, yes it happens here aswell...

misterrick
09-08-2007, 11:55 AM
in manitoba, the legal age is still 18, but i bought from the vendor when i was 15 so i never really needed a fake id lmao

2006lancer
09-08-2007, 12:02 PM
i have seen fake id's to match stolen or fake credit cards here in calgary

XylathaneGTR
09-08-2007, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by 2006lancer
i have seen fake id's to match stolen or fake credit cards here in calgary
Of course...if they have the means to make a fake credit card, they also have the means to create a fake ID as well.
Having "fake ID" makes it a lot easier to continue fraud on the credit card.

l/l/rX
09-08-2007, 01:04 PM

Well "here" implies Alberta....thats where we are, right?

profile deji profile ;)

signature7
09-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

im not sure abuot the territories, but i thought the rule of thumb was it goes 19, 18 across the provinces... like bc is 19, Ab is 18 and so on. I know for sure in Quebecl its 18.

dimi
09-08-2007, 01:27 PM
When I got my fake id a few years ago i just asked a buddy that looked like me to tell the registry its stolen and get a new one. Worked just fine and all ended costing $20.

It is a pretty big ticket if you get caught with someone else's id though. Somewhere in the area of $400-500 I beleive.

signature7
09-08-2007, 01:36 PM
didn't someones sister or friends sister on beyond get charged by trying to pull a scheme on getting a fake id?

Ben
09-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Fake ID's...hahaha, you people are pathetic. Absolutly pathetic.

adidas
09-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Rarely do i see out of province/state ID's and i bounce. You will get a few ppl from California but they are mostly all Albertan ids(new version which cant be scammed)

sexualbanana
09-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer
haha, back in the highschool days some kids would get ID's from Saskatchewan, manitoba, even from the states and some times europe :rofl:

so to answer your question, yes it happens here aswell...

Weren't Saskatchewan IDs in the late 90s the laminated ones? I remember some buddies had these laminated pieces of shit that said they were from Sask.

With out of town ones though, you run the risk of people not being familiar with the ID and saying it's fake (even if it's real, and it belongs to you). A friend of mine couldn't get into a bar in San Diego because they thought her New Brunswick ID was fake, and they wouldn't return it until the morning after.

Accord_tunerx
09-08-2007, 04:21 PM
make sure he has a first and a last name...

not just mclovin

cityhunter2501
09-08-2007, 04:22 PM
I have a friend that is from Whitehorse.

their ID is like a piece of paper that is laminated :rofl:

teddye03
09-08-2007, 04:51 PM
to answer your original question, yes
i worked at a liquor store and saw a few out of province id's that were definitly fake, although most people dont know any better