PDA

View Full Version : Ear wax removal

Pages : [1] 2

shadowz
11-08-2007, 10:24 AM
I have this annoying thing of wax rolling around in my ear and a q-tip just doesnt cut it, anyone have any good methods of removing this lol, I heard there is a candle method, anything would help right now this is killing me.

Datsun-Fever
11-08-2007, 10:27 AM
hot showaaa

anarchy
11-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Go pick up one of the candles, you can usually find them in one of those health stores. I've tried them before and they work pretty good (and pretty nasty how much ear wax you have).

I've heard it can kind of dangerous to use it but I didn't really see the danger when I tried it out.

Basically it's just this hallow candle that you put in your ear...light one end and it'll create a vacuum that'll suck your ear wax out. You'll need someone to help you out with this.

snowboard
11-08-2007, 10:36 AM
yah i head about what anarchy is talking about
the candle melts out your ear wax
i heard a ton comes out
sick.
hahaha

shadowz
11-08-2007, 10:40 AM
nice, anyone know where I can get this?

88CRX
11-08-2007, 10:43 AM
I've had a piece get stuck right on my ear drum before and it is a HUGE pain in the ass, can't hear shit out of your ear. It was actually so bad I had to go the drop in clinic and they take this water gun type thing and flush it out with water... works like a charm :thumbsup: only problem is waiting to get in to those damn things.

eb0i
11-08-2007, 10:47 AM
Go to the doctor and have them flush it out for you. I had it done a few months back and it was fantastic (but gross at the same time haha)! Compared to the candles, the flushing was 100x better. You can get the candles at health stores in the mall (or you used too). But first try your doctor or a doctor at a clinic:thumbsup:

rated_R
11-08-2007, 10:48 AM
you can even go into a clinic and the doc will get it out for you...i had wax removed from my ears a couple of weeks ago... it hurts like bitch though

edit: you beat me to it

MintRacer
11-08-2007, 10:48 AM
I'm pretty sure I've read a certain amount of ear wax is needed to protect your ear drums and shit?

SpoonEK9@STRD
11-08-2007, 10:50 AM
im getting the flushing done soon too!! Cant wait ahah... A bunch of people I know got it done said they can hear 10x better after.

88CRX
11-08-2007, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by eb0i
it was fantastic (but gross at the same time haha)!

Yea it's feels pretty sweet actually haha... they get so much shit out.

Improved hearing :thumbsup: :D

heavyD
***Do not use Q-tips for ear wax removal or cleaning***

I had to do a physical last year for a job and the examiner found one ear was completely plugged. I had no idea as I used Q-tips all the time to clean my ears and you cant tell your ear drum is plugged as you can still hear. The Q-tips push the ear wax in and compact it against your eardrum.

They used a bottle and flushed warm water through a tube into my ear. Eventually the piece got unloged and they picked it out. The thing was HUGE and disgusting from years of buildup. You could never imagine that something that big could lodge in your ear without you even knowing it. Now I only use Q-tips around the rim of the ear to take up the wax. Just let it come out at showers and wipe around your ear.

shadowz
Yup its at that point right now where im deaf in one ear lol, well ill try the candle, if that doesnt work I guess I'll have to line up at the clinic:banghead:

anarchy
11-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Yeah man I've been deaf in one ear and impaired hearing on the other haha. It was pretty rough. People would talk to me and I'd be like uh.....huh? haha.

The candle thing takes out quite a bit of wax, but as mentioned, clinics are the best way. If you are at the point where you are losing hearing from it, go to the clinic. It's well worth the wait.

Just an FYI before you go, they usually tell you to put a couple drops of cooking oil into each ear a couple times a day for a few days and then to come back. This will soften the wax and allow them to flush it out.

It's weird when they flush it cuz you can hear the water gushing against your ear drums, but after it's said and done, you have this huge piece of nasty wax but you feel like you can hear someone talking a block away haha.

gmoney82
11-08-2007, 11:08 AM
I got my ear flushed a few years ago...it was friggen awesome - and yah it was gross to see what was in the water,..

but my hearing was almost too sensitive for an hour or so after...like supersonic bat hearing :eek:

shadowz
11-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Thanks guys I hope this helps, making an appointment right now lol

Speed_69
11-08-2007, 11:56 AM
i haven't had my ear wax flushed in years. I think i'm gonna have to go to the clinic and have this done as well.

avow
11-08-2007, 12:02 PM
i wish you could just get those water flushing kits yourself. sitting in the clinic for so long sucks so bad.

Weapon_R
11-08-2007, 12:03 PM
You can. They have some at Shoppers

Jlude
11-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by gmoney82
I got my ear flushed a few years ago...it was friggen awesome - and yah it was gross to see what was in the water,..

but my hearing was almost too sensitive for an hour or so after...like supersonic bat hearing :eek:

Hahahhaa... same here. It's so weird until you get used to it!

ricosuave
11-08-2007, 12:10 PM
put mineral oil or hydrogen peroxide in your ear and let it soak in

do this a few times then have a hot shower and rinse the hell out of it

repeat as necessary

GC84ever
11-08-2007, 12:12 PM
I get it done at the clinic. Usually as a walk-in. I've had it done a few times.
They spray not too warm water in and flush it out.
To be honest; I actually like the feeling of the flushing spray. And once they are done you feel soe much better.

Bimmer88
11-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by urban.one
Ear candling is a scam.

Theres no scientific evidence that backs it up.

No kidding theres going to be wax.... youre melting a candle... what do you expect.

Google it and youll find tons of info.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/iyh-vsv/med/ear-oreille_e.html

Theres what Health Canada has to say.

Dude part of my class back in highschool was to research upong the alternative methods of medicine. Their like substitutes, but not "Real" medicine since it's not accepted with the scientific community. But there is a place in Calgary that has the natural healing stuff like using Candle to melt your ear wax.

As for cleaning your ears! you should NEVER! use a Q-tip as it just pushes the wax futher into your ear canal and can cause a lot of problems. In fact you should never have to place a q-tip to your ear unless your cleaning the meatus "around the ear hole". Because ear wax is the body's way of naturally cleaning itself, so you shouldn't really have to clean out your ear.

Well I'll see if I can try to find this place, but you can also try washing it out with water like a spray gun or something of that sort. Just don't ram the thing in there cause you might tear your tempanic membrane. Anyways... saw a new thingy about this not too long ago on Global.

nj2Type-S
11-08-2007, 02:19 PM
can any regular clinics do these cleaning or are there specific clinics that will do this??? how much does it cost??

sexualbanana
11-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

I had to do a physical last year for a job and the examiner found one ear was completely plugged. I had no idea as I used Q-tips all the time to clean my ears and you cant tell your ear drum is plugged as you can still hear. The Q-tips push the ear wax in and compact it against your eardrum.

They used a bottle and flushed warm water through a tube into my ear. Eventually the piece got unloged and they picked it out. The thing was HUGE and disgusting from years of buildup. You could never imagine that something that big could lodge in your ear without you even knowing it. Now I only use Q-tips around the rim of the ear to take up the wax. Just let it come out at showers and wipe around your ear.

For everyday cleaning (which won't get everything) you're only suppose to clean just the outer bit of the canal, and push out to the sides. If you push in, that's where the compacting of wax happens.

You'll still have to get your ear flushed, but it won't be nearly as bad if you do it that way.

interlude
11-08-2007, 03:17 PM
what about those metal scraper things you can buy in chinatown?? hahah my parents used to use that on my when i was a kid.

heavyD
11-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by interlude
what about those metal scraper things you can buy in chinatown?? hahah my parents used to use that on my when i was a kid.

metal scraper + eardrum = permanent loss of hearing waiting to happen

anarchy
11-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
can any regular clinics do these cleaning or are there specific clinics that will do this??? how much does it cost??

Any regular walk-in clinic will do this for you. And there are no costs.

As for the metal scraping things...I'd be scared to stick one of those in my ear. If a Q-tip could do some damage...I'd hate to think what these will do lol.

If they have the flushing things at Shoppers I definitely need to go check it out lol.

AllGoNoShow
11-08-2007, 03:30 PM
I think I'm gunna get my ears cleaned tomorrow, lol, good start to the long weekend.

cts
11-08-2007, 03:42 PM
me 2 my hearings gone to shit, i guess 23yrs of q-tips theres probably alott of compressed wax back there.

peace out yo.

Impreza
11-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Where do you get this stuff at shopper's? Like what aisle? or is it behind the counter at the pharmacy?

2BLUE
11-08-2007, 03:57 PM
murine.com

Weapon_R
11-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
Where do you get this stuff at shopper's? Like what aisle? or is it behind the counter at the pharmacy?

On the shelf. I don't know what aisle. Somewhere around the reading glasses I think.

anarchy
11-08-2007, 04:03 PM
I find it hilarious that there are so many beyonders that have ear wax concerns.

When I was going deaf from it, I thought I thought I was the only one.

But alas, I'm not! :love:

Canmorite
11-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Does it hurt getting them flushed out with water?

thrasher22
11-08-2007, 05:28 PM
^^ not at all. Its kind of uncomfortable since there is cold water going deep in your ear lol but its not bad.
If you've never gotten it done, it'll blow your mind how much comes out, its like a plug. My family has tiny canals, so I have to go every once in a while.
Using mineral water drops helps soften it up to make it easier before you go and more will come out. You should do it for a couple weeks before hand, but its not 100% necessary.

speedracer
11-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

After all that was hearing improved?

anarchy
11-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by thrasher22
^^ not at all. Its kind of uncomfortable since there is cold water going deep in your ear lol but its not bad.
If you've never gotten it done, it'll blow your mind how much comes out, its like a plug. My family has tiny canals, so I have to go every once in a while.
Using mineral water drops helps soften it up to make it easier before you go and more will come out. You should do it for a couple weeks before hand, but its not 100% necessary.
:werd:
It didn't hurt for me either, just kind of uncomfortable because they use this big syringe to squirt water in your ear. It was warm water for me, not sure why they would use cold cuz warm water should soften and break up the wax.

Anyways, like thrasher said, use mineral water (my doctor recommended canola oil) to soften it up before you go. I don't remember what it was exactly but I think he said to do it for 4 or 5 days (a couple drops, twice a day) before I came in so that it would be easier for them to flush it.

If you have ear wax problems, flushing is definitely the way to go! You will not believe how much wax comes out and how well you can hear after!:eek:

dj_rice
11-08-2007, 07:09 PM
I saw this travel show, the guy was in I think it was Thailand or Vietnam, and you can get ears cleaned for like $2 from a street vendor, he carries around a whole bunch of lil metal rods....it was pretty cool..

D'z Nutz
11-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by speedracer
After all that was hearing improved?

Yeah, I'm curious about this too. I seem to recall this topic brought up before and someone saying you notice a lot more ambient noise (I think it was GTS Jeff)? Is there any way to tell whether or not a flushing is needed? Or is this something some of you have done just cause?

Impreza
11-08-2007, 07:51 PM
^That's exactly what I am wondering. I don't think I need it, but maybe I do and I just don't know it since I have spent the last 23years like this? lol

frozenrice
11-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Problem solved. I'm sure most of the beyonders on here have one.

http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/content/full/173/12/1496

avow
11-08-2007, 08:20 PM
this thread is useless without pics :thumbsdow

sexualbanana
11-08-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
^That's exactly what I am wondering. I don't think I need it, but maybe I do and I just don't know it since I have spent the last 23years like this? lol

Neither did I when I had it done. I went to a doctor for a nasty cough I had, the doctor told me I had a lot of build up in my ears and that he'd clean it out. Didn't realize I had that much build up in my ear.

The coolest was the solution they put in your ear (which you have to lie on your side for like 5 minutes) that helps break up the wax. It was some diluted chemical that tingled. Then the water shooting was kind of a weird feeling because it's this stream of water getting shot deep into your ear

PINOY-X
11-08-2007, 10:29 PM
haha ive never gotten my eat flushed out. i didnt even know about this haha

Trini
11-08-2007, 10:37 PM
I'll check shoppers the next time I'm in there for one of these kits,never had this done

USED1
11-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Ha guys, I think I'm going to get this done once I get back from Denver.

TegLover
11-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by USED1
Ha guys, I think I'm going to get this done once I get back from Denver and if i don't you can come kick my ass.

fixed

shadowz
11-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Trini
I'll check shoppers the next time I'm in there for one of these kits,never had this done

Bought the stuff from shoppers last night, its pretty much an oil based liquid that softens things up, waste of 9 bucks, dont even bother go to a clinic, itll save time and hassle. Secondly the oil is very hard to flush out of your ear unless you have something you can stick in your ear with pressure to flush it out.

anarchy
11-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by shadowz

Bought the stuff from shoppers last night, its pretty much an oil based liquid that softens things up, waste of 9 bucks, dont even bother go to a clinic, itll save time and hassle. Secondly the oil is very hard to flush out of your ear unless you have something you can stick in your ear with pressure to flush it out.

I'm confused...so you bought the stuff from Shoppers - did it work?

You said it was a waste of 9 bucks but you say not to bother going to a clinic?

As for going to the clinic, I went because there was enough buildup that it affected my hearing. So yes, after the flushing it DEFINITELY improved my hearing drastically.

I don't think you'd need to go if you don't feel you're having hearing problems, but I would bet that for those of you that have never had your ears flushed, you'd notice an improvement in your hearing.

frozenrice
11-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by anarchy

I'm confused...so you bought the stuff from Shoppers - did it work?

You said it was a waste of 9 bucks but you say not to bother going to a clinic?

As for going to the clinic, I went because there was enough buildup that it affected my hearing. So yes, after the flushing it DEFINITELY improved my hearing drastically.

I don't think you'd need to go if you don't feel you're having hearing problems, but I would bet that for those of you that have never had your ears flushed, you'd notice an improvement in your hearing.

I think he meant : "don't bother. Go to a clinic."

orange
11-12-2007, 05:18 PM
I have a related ear question which doesn't need it's own thread....my question is regarding ear hair....how the fuck do i get rid of it? i didn't notice it til today, what should i do so i can get rid of them? it is pretty thick now, and pretty noticeable, i'm pretty sure the ladies don't dig that at all. any help?

KoukiS14
11-12-2007, 07:38 PM
^^ tweezers, get plucking :D

Back at the start of this year i had a completely blocked ear. Tried some over the counter stuff called Cerumol. All it did was soften the wax but the blockage remained.

Went to the walk-in clinic and got it flushed. Process takes about 5-10 minutes and its amazing what comes out. Yes you can hear more ambient noise. Its weird at first but eventually you get used to it.

Don't bother trying to do anything yourself in this matter, let the professionals do it for you. Your hearing is too important to lose.

Kritafo
11-12-2007, 07:49 PM
yeah...ear hair. Get one of the nose/ear hair trimmer things. They aren't very expensive. I bought one for my husband it was maybe $12.00. Or you can pluck them out, definitely worth it.

My husband uses my magnifying mirror for stuff like that.

Skyline_Addict
11-12-2007, 08:09 PM
i've definetely gotta do this.

Jayson
11-12-2007, 08:41 PM
wow... this is a good thread. :thumbsup:
i thought about it from time to time... but never really bothered to do anything about it... I guess i should get that wax outta there... it will be interesting to see how much wax would come out after 25 years haha

ianmcc
11-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Use your car keys.

403Gemini
11-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Jayson
wow... this is a good thread. :thumbsup:
i thought about it from time to time... but never really bothered to do anything about it... I guess i should get that wax outta there... it will be interesting to see how much wax would come out after 25 years haha

No freaking doubt, seriously my left ear hearing is so bad and i think i got wax clogged up next to the ear drum cause if something is to noisy i get a crackling noise... its that or my ear drum is fucked - but hey if i still got balance im good haha :thumbsup:

cts
11-14-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by ianmcc
Use your car keys.

best home remedy advice evaaar.

BerserkerCatSplat
11-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Damn, I'd never heard of this before, totally going to have mine flushed one of these days.

em2ab
11-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Most people jam the swab in their ears and spin it which, if you think about it, doesn't do shit but ram the wax down farther. When cleaning your ears, put the swab in towards the outer edge of your ear and spin it in while rolling it.

nj2Type-S
11-14-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
Damn, I'd never heard of this before, totally going to have mine flushed one of these days.

beyond meet? lol :rofl:

no_joke
11-15-2007, 05:01 PM
I got my ears flushed like 4 times in the last year. So about every 3-4 months. Just hit up the walk-in clinic and get 'em flushed. I get terrible build-up... Swimming regularly really helped keep them clean though.

Oh yeah, and I think it feels awesome. As creepy as that sounds, it's super-refreshing (imo).

11-15-2007, 06:44 PM
I was gonna suggest the doctor's water gun thing but someone already said it. I've never heard of the candles thing but I think I will have to give it a try:thumbsup:

11-15-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by no_joke
I got my ears flushed like 4 times in the last year. So about every 3-4 months. Just hit up the walk-in clinic and get 'em flushed. I get terrible build-up... Swimming regularly really helped keep them clean though.

Oh yeah, and I think it feels awesome. As creepy as that sounds, it's super-refreshing (imo).

Lol I thought the feeling of the water gun was really awkward and at times painful! That nurse just forced it in too hard I guess.

Darkane
11-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Hmm, if you guys are telling me my hearing isn't shot from Metal concerts and drums I'll shit my pants.

25 years of build up... ... . .. .... Must book apointment!

iceburns288
11-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Would soaking your ear in hot water melt it enough to let it come out? I've got a hot tub out back and I'd love an excuse to hop in right now:drool:

BerserkerCatSplat
11-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
Hmm, if you guys are telling me my hearing isn't shot from Metal concerts and drums I'll shit my pants.

25 years of build up... ... . .. .... Must book apointment!

...nah, your hearing's probably shot. ;)

gatorade
11-16-2007, 12:56 AM
haha this thread has gotten me excited and i wanan get it done just cuz of what u guys said and i remember getting it done when i was really young

Street_Soldier
11-16-2007, 02:18 AM
I'm kinda afraid of needles. How much does this syringe resemble your everyday vaccination needle? Does it have a long stem that pokes into your ear? If so how far in does it go? Anyone?

Darkane
11-16-2007, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

...nah, your hearing's probably shot. ;)

http://ntacockroach.ytmnd.com/

Benny
11-16-2007, 03:46 AM
I remember this thread from a long time ago. I should probably go get this shit done. I remember a while ago I was cleaning out my ear with a Q-tip and it felt like my whole right ear was blocked right up.

sexualbanana
11-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Street_Soldier
I'm kinda afraid of needles. How much does this syringe resemble your everyday vaccination needle? Does it have a long stem that pokes into your ear? If so how far in does it go? Anyone?

It's a like a syringe without the needle.

KoukiS14
11-16-2007, 12:14 PM
This is the unit that was used at my clinic. Its called The Elephant Ear Washer. Its filled with warm tap water. Then pumped in and drains out eventually taking the blockage to the point of extraction. Where the blockage is removed manually with a q tip like thingy. Cuz yes, the blockage will be bigger than your ear opening. Enjoy

http://www.healthyinfo.com/clinical/ear/ear.wash.elephant.jpg
http://www.healthyinfo.com/clinical/ear/ear.wash.elephant.tip.jpg

gmoney82
11-16-2007, 03:54 PM
LOL

http://murine.com/images/commercial.jpg
If it werent for the long wait times at clinics, i'd go monthly for an ear flush...

anarchy
11-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Street_Soldier

It's not a needle man. Just a syringe that goes to the edge of your. it doesn't hurt, and it doesnt' go deep into it or anything.

It's very safe, and very much worth the wait :thumbsup:

gmoney82
11-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Problem solved. I'm sure most of the beyonders on here have one.

http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/content/full/173/12/1496

ROFL are they fucking serious? : "Midway through the second load's stream, wax particles began to run out of the ear. Just after starting the third load, a large plug of wax burst forth from the patient's ear. The 3 generations of family members present took turns admiring (or recoiling from) the specimen. The patient exclaimed in joy, "I can hear again!" - this is an article that takes itself way too seriously... love the graphic play by play .....that just made my day.

I can just picture a whole bunch of beyonders (mostly dudes) reading this thread sticking their pinkys in theirs ears to do a wax check. The best 'useless' thread I've seen in a long time...verrrry nice

Mikespecr1
11-16-2007, 06:57 PM
DO NOT DO THE CANDLE THING, I DID IT AND I ENDED UP WITH A CANAL INFECTION AND THE WORST HEADACH OF MY LFE AND AM STILL TRYING TOO RECOVER FROM IT!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsdow :guns:
AND THREE TRIPS TO THE DOCTOR, PILLS,EAR DROPS AND HELL

Kritafo
11-17-2007, 01:12 PM
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/iyh-vsv/med/ear-oreille_e.html

It's a Government of Canada fact sheet on ear Candling..

xrayvsn
11-17-2007, 01:35 PM
As some very wise physicians have told me on the past - don't stick anything smaller than your elbow into your ears.

Q-tips are like a ramrod, and your external ear canal is the canon. You're just loading the canon when you push that Q-tip in there.

The best thing to do once your ears are clogged is to put some mineral oil in there and lie on the opposite side for 10 - 15 minutes. Do this every day to help the wax get soft, then go see your doctor to get it syringed out. If the wax is really impacted, they will have to extract it manually - but this is definitely something a professional should do, since they can directly visualize the obstructing wax ball and pull it out with their otoscope and other tools.

Boostn
11-18-2007, 03:19 AM
Good to know I'm not the only one who suffers from excessive ear wax build up. I've been getting my ears flushed out at the local clinic on a regular basis (every few yrs or so). I'm surprised that ppl didn't know this procedure existed. Stay far far away from any self extraction methods, they'll probably do more harm than good. As prev posted, they will either use a syringe like device or bottle with nozzle attachment to spray into your ear canal and break up the wax. You will hear a POP and instant hearing restoration!

kaishen
11-18-2007, 07:22 AM
haha i used to have my ear dug by mom with the mental spoon thing.

i think it would be a hilarious thing to see a beyond meetup and everyone goes to the same clinic to do the same thing. haha imagine the doctor spending one whole day, just taking earwax out of beyonders.

Kritafo
11-18-2007, 10:27 AM
I am thinking of buy the elephant ear washer thing just for home, it's like $25.00

http://www.doctor-easy.com/id25.htm

saiyajin
11-19-2007, 12:02 AM
which walk in clinic do you guys go to?

HondaRice
11-19-2007, 12:14 PM
ears should be washed every day with water too.

SpoonEK9@STRD
11-26-2007, 03:47 PM
doc sent me home, he said my hears are clean. He wants to to see a specialist about my hearing loss...ugh :confused:

LadyLuck
11-26-2007, 03:54 PM
My doctor told me to take a Qtip, soak it in HOT water and clean out ur ear with it. hot water will soften the ear wax and make it easier for u to remove

good luck

dragonone
12-17-2007, 07:01 PM
i certainly wouldn't go back to ur doctor
even if you can remove some of the larger wax debris, u risk pushing in the smaller size wax further in ur ear

go to a walk in, get them to flush it out carefully
it's free and u know they did it right

gran turismo
12-18-2007, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by KoukiS14
This is the unit that was used at my clinic. Its called The Elephant Ear Washer. Its filled with warm tap water. Then pumped in and drains out eventually taking the blockage to the point of extraction. Where the blockage is removed manually with a q tip like thingy. Cuz yes, the blockage will be bigger than your ear opening. Enjoy

I just picked the Elephant Ear Washer up last week. The store is http://www.homecareandsurgicalonwhyte.com/. Can you believe it costs $52?! Well worth the money though. I used to have to go get my ears cleaned every 3 months or so.

I used the ear washer this weekend and you wouldn't believe what came out!

The only downside is now I can't claim I didn't hear my girlfriend when she asks me to do something.

bobby_lu
12-18-2007, 11:30 AM
I dont really know how that thing works, but do any of you have a problem of water stuck in your ear after?

gmoney82
12-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by gran turismo

I just picked the Elephant Ear Washer up last week. The store is http://www.homecareandsurgicalonwhyte.com/. Can you believe it costs $52?! Well worth the money though. I used to have to go get my ears cleaned every 3 months or so.

I used the ear washer this weekend and you wouldn't believe what came out!

The only downside is now I can't claim I didn't hear my girlfriend when she asks me to do something.

I want one,.i just dont want to spend $50 let alone $20 on something that looks like a spray bottle with a tube and nozzle...

Based on personal inspection can i make one myself with dollar store bottle, tubing and nozzle?

dragonone
12-18-2007, 02:54 PM
my doc has said before that this should be done by a second person and preferably a nurse or doctor. squeezing the water bottle too hard can cause damage. just go to a walk-in.

autumnrain
12-18-2007, 03:06 PM
can you make appts at walk-ins?
mmm yeah which walk-ins do you guys go to?

gran turismo
12-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by dragonone
my doc has said before that this should be done by a second person and preferably a nurse or doctor. squeezing the water bottle too hard can cause damage. just go to a walk-in.

I agree that you don't want to jam in the tube and start squeezing. But I've had this done dozens of times so I feel very comfortable doing it myself. I know how much pressure to exert etc. In fact, I've had many doctors and nurses go overboard with the pressure so just because you're a health professional doesn't mean you don't make mistakes.

As far as fabricating your own washer, I think it's totally possible. But for me, it's not worth the time or effort.

Having sat in waiting rooms for literally hours to have my ears cleaned, I gladly paid $50 dollars to clean my ears at my convenience.

dragonone
12-19-2007, 05:41 PM
if u guys are worried about walk-ins wait times, go when they open or 45 mins before they close, i always go at night aroudn 8:20 they close at 9:00 (mission on 4th st. sw)

Canmorite
12-28-2007, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by KoukiS14

Thats what my Doctor used on me today. Works great.

That was an interesting experience, though :nut:

95EG6P
01-01-2008, 02:28 PM
For Ear Candle try Morning Sun Health Foods, they have them there for $7.99 it works great, I tried it last weekend.

colt22
01-03-2008, 12:56 AM
i just made an appointment for this tuesday
ill check back after the ''operation''

Canmorite
01-03-2008, 01:28 PM
All of Beyond is getting their ears cleaned :rofl:

SJW
01-03-2008, 03:26 PM
What?

http://www.flashring.com/xes/440ab500/content/soundboards/soundboards/liljon.shtml?content/soundboards/soundboards/liljon.shtml