PDA

View Full Version : July 30 STRD Lapping @ Race City

PremiumRSX
07-31-2008, 09:52 PM
I took 3 - 15min long lapping session video clips.
I uploaded a random clip but had to seperate into 2 parts because YouTube made me.

Please feel free to leave comments/rate video on YouTube!
Compliments and critiques - lemme have 'em!

Links
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2AZdo1anVA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq9nkrNvBw4

Part 1 of 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2AZdo1anVA

Part 2 of 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq9nkrNvBw4

Canmorite
07-31-2008, 09:58 PM
B2AZdo1anVA

Aq9nkrNvBw4

PremiumRSX
07-31-2008, 10:46 PM
Thanks Canmorite.

What did I do wrong?

B20EF
07-31-2008, 10:49 PM
Looked pretty fun, you killed those S2K's :thumbsup:

yella-dRAgon
08-01-2008, 02:51 AM
that day was a blast!!! :thumbsup:
tobad i blew my motor.. :( haha

sh0ko
08-01-2008, 03:44 AM
what the heck is with the music

1-Bar
08-01-2008, 06:28 AM
its like Initial D......

LUCKYSTRIKE
08-01-2008, 06:51 AM
hes irl takumi

Redlyne_mr2
08-01-2008, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by sh0ko
what the heck is with the music
Makes me want to get hopped up on E and break out the glow sticks.. looks like a fun time.. thanks for telling me about it Will :thumbsdow :D

ottamania
08-01-2008, 08:10 AM
post some pics. I told a guy take my cars pic but i couldn't find him after. damn.

Mr_ET
08-01-2008, 08:12 AM
pimp stuff guys what was modified on the RSX to make it hang with an s2000?

ottamania
08-01-2008, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Mr_ET

proly he was on his cool down lap. there is no way he can pass him.

arian_ma
08-01-2008, 08:41 AM
I can't see the video at work but is this that white supercharged Mugen everything RSX?

analbumcover
08-01-2008, 08:46 AM
that music sucked but that was a cool videoo

CSMRX7
08-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Hey Mark,

Good driving! Those S2Ks weren't on cool down laps or they would not have passed on the front straight.

Anyways a couple of sugestions.

Keep trying to use the whole track, you can carry more speed if you do. There are a couple of corners where I definately see it. Turn 1 you are to close to the the center of the track, this is making you slow down too much, and then you are ending up in the middle of the track again after 2 going into three which will promote understeer in your car. Also Enter the chicane more to your left you can go straighter through it then, and also going up the hill to turn 9 keep farther right. A good point to aim at is while braking up the hill point the car to the marshalls stand (this is the cut out section of the fence to the left of the turn in cone). This will help you carry a bit more speed, then again in ten stay closer to the outside edge of the track, and don't turn in until you run out of track to go straight, the turn in cone on this corner is far too early.

Hope this helps! Again great driving!

rc2002
08-01-2008, 09:06 AM
I'm glad you didn't take video at the end of the session. Those were some bad laps for me. Way to move that pylon for us too. At one point it was smack in the middle of the track too until CSMRX7 was nice enough to move it for us.

CSMRX7
08-01-2008, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
I'm glad you didn't take video at the end of the session. Those were some bad laps for me. Way to move that pylon for us too. At one point it was smack in the middle of the track too until CSMRX7 was nice enough to move it for us.

I actually bumped them off the chicane in the first place so it was my duty to clean up the rest of them :D

Didn't have to worry about body damage at that point either ;)

1-Bar
08-01-2008, 12:47 PM

nice, didn't know you were there.....how's driving the car with your new suspension/brakes?

snow_daniel
08-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma
I can't see the video at work but is this that white supercharged Mugen everything RSX?
No, I think Mark own the silver RSX with Mugen front bumper and hood? There is a white RSX as well but I don't know what they had under the hood :)

rage2
08-01-2008, 01:35 PM
The driver :rofl:.

Driver skill has a lot to do with it. I was lapping faster than 350z's, G35's, even 911 C4 during my lapping day with the GTI hehe.

rc2002
08-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar

nice, didn't know you were there.....how's driving the car with your new suspension/brakes?

I missed the last one because I showed up on the wrong day. LOL. Still running stock suspension - debating whether or not to change it out.

I haven't had a chance to put in the calipers yet because I still don't have wheels that clear. Hopefully I get to put them to use before the season is up!

Chopstixx
08-01-2008, 02:21 PM
ill post up my video's soon aswell just need to upload themm..
i didnt get much but its really good. i was running 20's with stock suspension so i didnt do so well around corner's.
but in the straights id gain alot of time. i hit 200+km so i was proud of that on my last lap.

rage2
08-01-2008, 02:44 PM
I missed the last one because I showed up on the wrong day. LOL. Still running stock suspension - debating whether or not to change it out.
The cornering limits will get higher but the car will be tougher to control at the limit. Work on your driving first!

Redlyne_mr2
08-01-2008, 02:47 PM
whens the next date guys

snow_daniel
08-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
whens the next date guys
Don't know :dunno:

rc2002
08-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by rage2

The cornering limits will get higher but the car will be tougher to control at the limit. Work on your driving first!

Heh, still working on it. Making some progress mostly thanks to your pointers from last time. I guess I'll hold off on the suspension for now...

There's a lapping day with the same bunch of guys from last time. Are you going?

PremiumRSX
08-02-2008, 12:45 AM

Hang? I thought I passed them? :poosie:

RSX has 200hp + bolt-ons + Hondata Kpro untuned.

Running 12.8:1 A/F under full load (to be safe because no tune).

You do the math how much power I'm making.

I say.. 230hp :thumbsup:

My fastest timed lap that day (from video clips) was about 1:30 + traffic.

I'm hoping to get 1:28 w/ my Hankook summer tires + 230hp NA.

PremiumRSX
08-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by ottamania

proly he was on his cool down lap. there is no way he can pass him.

Why do you say that?

I don't want to brag, but I've passed tons of cars before..

Countless Porsches, M3s, 335i, Civics, Integras, S2000s, Porsches on race tires + $6000 Moton Shocks, etc. etc.

Like I said, I'm not trying to brag, that was about my 5th time on the track.

I'm just trying to make the point that racing has little to do with car. Unless you're drag racing.

PremiumRSX
08-02-2008, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by CSMRX7
Hey Mark,

Good driving! Those S2Ks weren't on cool down laps or they would not have passed on the front straight.

Anyways a couple of sugestions.

Keep trying to use the whole track, you can carry more speed if you do. There are a couple of corners where I definately see it. Turn 1 you are to close to the the center of the track, this is making you slow down too much, and then you are ending up in the middle of the track again after 2 going into three which will promote understeer in your car. Also Enter the chicane more to your left you can go straighter through it then, and also going up the hill to turn 9 keep farther right. A good point to aim at is while braking up the hill point the car to the marshalls stand (this is the cut out section of the fence to the left of the turn in cone). This will help you carry a bit more speed, then again in ten stay closer to the outside edge of the track, and don't turn in until you run out of track to go straight, the turn in cone on this corner is far too early.

Hope this helps! Again great driving!

Thanks for the tip, I know all about those lines. I change my lines back and forth for fun.

Before I had one set line and I'd always run that all the time because I thought it was the fastest, now I don't know anymore.

Also, I had to bring the car in from outside on corner 1, there seems to be lots of bumps near the outside that my car likes to skip over and preventing me from slowing down.

ottamania
08-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
whens the next date guys

They were saying it might be Aug 20.

post some pics yow if anybody took some!

Chopstixx
08-02-2008, 12:02 PM
ya august 30 was the day will told me they were trying to do
im hoping to see improvements and more mods on that day

PremiumRSX
08-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Chopstixx
ya august 30 was the day will told me they were trying to do
im hoping to see improvements and more mods on that day

I think I remember Will telling me it would be August 30th.

Chopstixx
08-04-2008, 07:43 PM
heres the slide show of all the cars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tswtafB-__M

ottamania
08-04-2008, 08:09 PM

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tswtafB-__M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

minus my 180 :(

good slide tho :thumbsup:

PremiumRSX
08-05-2008, 12:10 AM

Cool, thanks for upload. :thumbsup:

Chopstixx
08-05-2008, 01:40 AM
no problem guys
took me a while to get the pictures and to make the video
but some one teach me how to properly post a video lol

Shift_Perform
08-05-2008, 02:15 AM
newb question about race city...

how much is it to enter a run such as this? What do you need? ie. Helmet

PremiumRSX
08-05-2008, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Shift_Perform
newb question about race city...

how much is it to enter a run such as this? What do you need? ie. Helmet

There is an CSCC (Calgary Sports Car Club) autocross event this Saturday @ 5:00pm @ Race City on the road course.

Especially since you don't have any kind of high performance driving experience, come out to autocross first.

I will be there - entry for autocross you're looking at $30-40 (not sure for non-members).

For lapping events such as that you're looking at $170-200-ish (depending who you run with).

You need a minimum of Snell2000 helmet. Most helmets available in motorcycle shops now are Snell2005.

If you don't want to buy a helmet at first, the club has loaner helmets. Doesn't cost you anything to borrow one.

If you don't know if racing is for you, spectatoring is free. Most people will be willing to give ride alongs if you ask nicely.

achca
08-06-2008, 08:37 PM
somebody post some pics please.;)

ottamania
08-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by achca
somebody post some pics please.;)

x2 :D

MyTires
08-07-2008, 02:17 PM
I saw a few people taking pictures.
Lets see them! :thumbsup: