PDA

View Full Version : Direct Energy - Door to Door Scam

Pages : 1 [2]

DENZILDON
09-17-2009, 10:01 AM
They ask for you bill because it's easier for them to get the site ID number for your electricity but site id's for elec or gas is public information and they can still get it. The key here is not to sign anything.

lelalong
09-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Trites
Some guy came to my door with this. I was having a party and was shit faced at the time. Told him something along the lines of "whatever bill I'm paying now is keeping my beer cold." And then I closed the door.

He never came back.

WIN!

I just told the sales guy...I switched from Direct energy to Easy max because of the huge admin fees. He left no problem. I think they use the stupidest people for this sales task. I was holding my barking snarling dog (she senses evil) and he still went through his speech...idiot.

jaylo
01-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Our house is one of the ones that got hit by the Alberta Energy Savings LP 'campaign' back in the summer of 2006 and we rode it out until less than 2 years left ($236 cancellation fee).

We were getting charged $11.99/GJ for natural gas and $10.38/kWh for electricity :cry: :banghead:

Apparently they stopped marketing in Alberta in August 2009 :clap:
http://www.ucahelps.gov.ab.ca/93.html

SJW
01-01-2010, 12:51 PM
I've made it a personal rule in my household to NEVER do business at the door or over the phone. If I wanna switch energy i'll go do it at their office.

Nothing but scams on the phone and at the door.

Next time someone comes to the door I hope i'm in the midst of cleaning my pistol.

300zxfairlday
01-01-2010, 01:03 PM
We decided to cancel with direct energy and they told us we had to pay 800 to cancel so we did. 3 months later a collection agency calls and says oh well you owe us 800 $$ because you only payed 800 to cancel the one part and still have to pay for the other part. So stupid!!!

tron113
01-01-2010, 02:30 PM
I was at work one day and my GF, who doesn't speak English very well was at my place when some guy from Direct Energy showed up. He talked her into seeing my power bill where he got all the info he needed to switch the bill over to Direct Energy. When I got home she told me what happened and I called them right away to cancel the contract. Then I filled a complaint with Utilities Consumer Advocate's office.
Bottom line is these people tried to scam me, I never signed a contract nor did mt GF, the guy that came to the door signed the contract for me. Not only that but he didn't fill in the contract that he left at my house. I tried to get the original from Direct Energy but they told me they don't have it.
I've tried to invite Direct Energy back to my house to discuss this but they refuse, I even tried to have them send the same guy over to "talk" about a new contract and they still haven't sent anyone over...
If you Google "Direct Energy scam" then you'll find lots of info on how they operate.
It is through my experience that I form the opinion that Direct Energy tries to trick people into signing contracts and the salesmen are not honest. One sales person did infact sign a contract for me and did infact not fully fill out the contract that was left at my door.

I advise everyone that if someone comes to your door and tells you they are from Direct Energy to point to the street, tell them to leave and slam the door in their face.

Tezzating
01-02-2010, 10:52 AM
One of those douches showed up at my house yesterday.. he could see me through the window and I had no intention of opening the door so I just stood there staring at him freezing in the cold.
:poosie:

89s1
01-02-2010, 12:18 PM
I feel bad for even letting them do their sales pitch in the warmth of my house.

Should have closed the door on them, but the girl was easy on the eyes. :)

Everlast
01-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by jaylo
Our house is one of the ones that got hit by the Alberta Energy Savings LP 'campaign' back in the summer of 2006 and we rode it out until less than 2 years left ($236 cancellation fee).

We were getting charged $11.99/GJ for natural gas and $10.38/kWh for electricity :cry: :banghead:

They re-organized as Just Energy Alberta LP.
Easier to just rebrand yourself like GOFC than deal with the bad press.

Sucker
01-05-2010, 04:08 AM
I was definitely one of those reps from Adella Marketing, but for the Shaw campaign, and not Direct. They try pulling it off as doing "customer service", which is completely untrue. There is some things that they say that are true, like saving money (on some aspects) but they definitely do run on comission, and will almost say anything for you to let them either combine your bills, or switch your cable, telephone and/or internet to Shaw.

Funny business that is.

Netwin
08-09-2010, 04:40 PM
I know this is an older thread, but I two once worked for Addella Marketing. Very interesting experience to say the least. Some of the people there are very capable of making the big bucks, some are not; I was not. For me it wasn't a career in the long run, but a definite eye-opener. The group I worked with was pretty good. I actually still talk to most of that group and I was only there for under 3 weeks, over 4 months ago.

zipdoa
08-09-2010, 09:05 PM
I had an interview at adella marketing once... that place was a joke. Everyone there acted like they were in high school and the guy who interviewed me was a sleazeball. They called me in for a 2nd interview which was an 8 hour UNPAID job shadow - i didn't waste my time.

goat_killer
12-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Too lazy to re-read this entire thread but I just had two people come to my house decked out in Direct Energy attire.

They asked to see my last bill and talked about capping my rate. @ this point they're they're talking about locking us in to specific rates, saving us money, blah blah blah. I suddenly remember this thread so I told them I wasn't interested.

Does anyone know if there's a current Direct Energy scam going on? Or is this a legit thing that Direct Energy is doing?

PulsePro
12-13-2010, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by jaylo

$10.38 for 1 kWh of electricity.... My bill would have come out to $9840/month then!!! :eek:

Cos
12-13-2010, 10:58 PM

goat_killer
12-13-2010, 11:50 PM
Well it seemed kind of stupid because they were offering a capped rate of $6.20 (around there) while we're currently paying $3.28. I understand rates go up and down, until that happens I'll stick to what I have.

[Yu]
05-27-2014, 11:15 PM
BUMP for an old thread.

So recently I just got a job for the summer with DE the competitive retailer side.

I'm here to just see how I can solve the issue of having the
"scummy ass salesman" image.

I am not sure if most of this old thread was for Direct Energy Regulated Services, as that is the Regulated Rate Option (RRO) arm of Direct Energy Marketing.

Problems I see here posted are:
-salesman being scummy to see your bill (I can see how the way a salesman asks to see it can be scummy as this is not what I do as it immediately makes people uncomfortable)
-salesman being too pushy (I'm not gonna lie, I know some people here that keep pressing on even when people say they are not interested. I generally try to tell them "im not here for that" one last time to see their response, if its the same, I just thank them for their time)

I understand how people don't like being interrupted at their homes, as I definitely do not like it either. I was wondering how I can make it a more pleasant experience.

Lastly, Direct Energy itself isn't scummy, but I can't speak for how salesman work as I don't see how everyone does their pitch. We do offer competitive rates, but its hard to just show the customer these without sounding like a "scam".

I apologize in advance if I come to your humble abodes and interrupt you.

Tips to getting salesman to leave:
1. No Soliciting Sign - We are very strict when it comes to these signs, when I see one I just turn around immediately as their are legal ramifications if I attempt to sell to a customer with this sign on their house. There are fines, and in some cases jail time.
2. Tell them you are with Just Energy, and that you have been with them for longer than 2-3 bill periods. As after 30 days from your first bill, to cancel with Just Energy, one must pay a cancellation fee.

Disclaimer: Everything I say does not represent Direct Energy Services, as I am not a representative outside of work. These are strictly my opinions and view on the situation.

JudasJimmy
05-28-2014, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by [Yu]
BUMP for an old thread.

-salesman being scummy to see your bill (I can see how the way a salesman asks to see it can be scummy as this is not what I do as it immediately makes people uncomfortable)
-salesman being too pushy (I'm not gonna lie, I know some people here that keep pressing on even when people say they are not interested. I generally try to tell them "im not here for that" one last time to see their response, if its the same, I just thank them for their time)

I understand how people don't like being interrupted at their homes, as I definitely do not like it either. I was wondering how I can make it a more pleasant experience.

Lastly, Direct Energy itself isn't scummy, but I can't speak for how salesman work as I don't see how everyone does their pitch. We do offer competitive rates, but its hard to just show the customer these without sounding like a "scam".

situation.

Firstly, Direct Energy itself IS scummy, I was charged full early cancellation fee 1 month short of 5 yr contact.

Lastly, anyone coming to you door to sell something IS pushy and rude. It seems you don't I understand how people don't like being interrupted at their homes, as I definitely do not like it either. Only an IDIOT would wonder how to make it a more pleasant experience.

Sugarphreak
05-28-2014, 06:56 AM

ZenOps
05-28-2014, 07:02 AM
Well... Its hard to calculate exactly how good or bad a long term plan is.

Big factors:

Electricity in general is not cheap. Los Angeles pays 22 cents per kwh, Hawaii pays 39 cents per kwh (for comparison)

Electricity in Alberta is based on coal, which although carbon dirty IS efficient and cheap compared to other technologies.

Canada has printed up 4.5x more money in the last decade or so (money printing inflation)

I figure if you are under 9 cents on a five year plan, its not so bad considering the rate of money printing. Just like it would have been a good plan to buy 63 cent stamps last year before they raised it to 0.85 and $1 this year.

n1zm0
05-28-2014, 07:03 AM

Wait, what's the difference between 'Direct' and 'Just'? both companies use the same tactics I guess?

Last Thursday I had 3 teens come to my door and I answered(unlike when my fiancee answered for Just Energy and almost signed up) (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/381618/just-energy-back-at-it/) , one FOB, one timid guy in the back and a pushy girl. I didn't even catch which of the 2 companies this group was from in the end, after I asked why would you want to see my utility bill, the girl says 'Why not? We are you service provider', I then immediately asked which company they belonged to and they all became super defensive trying to get out of the conversation and promptly went next door.

I know some of these kids think this is a great first job with fantasy skyrocketing potential commission pay, but they're still kids who more or less have no sales experience and maybe a bit of desperation, hopefully those types look back on it when they have a house and think of how absolutely retarded the doctrine of having a stranger ask you 'I'm with YOUR energy provider, let me see your energy bill' as soon as you open the door.

FraserB
05-28-2014, 07:16 AM
- Don't make BS claims like "we're from you're service provider" or that I should talk to you because you sell to Enmax and I'm being screwed
- Don't try and claim you're selling "green energy"
- Don't bang on my door after dark so much that you freak my Mom out
- Going with above, don't dress like a POS when you're door knocking

And the biggest one:

- If I ask you to leave, do it. Don't make me offer you the choice of the police being called or me coming outside to remove you.

pdm111
05-28-2014, 08:38 AM

2. Tell them you are with Just Energy, and that you have been with them for longer than 2-3 bill periods.

Do this. Had one of them show up. He seemed slightly surprised but left without any issues.

blitz
05-28-2014, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

You have a hell of a mountain to climb if you want to come off as reputable, I will tell you right now that this isn't going to be a rewarding job for you if you don't have thick skin.

DE screwed a lot of people over, the pushed my poor mom into changing her bill by bsaically lying about the rates and it doubled for 2 years; so I really don't have a lot of respect for them.

Yup, being a reputable salesman for a sleezy company just doesn't work. Find a new job.

[Yu]
05-28-2014, 10:13 AM
Ya the stuff I hear from you guys is definitely scummy.

When I first come to your door, I clearly state my name and who I am with. I make a distinction that I am not your service provider, but an arm of Direct Energy is your service provider and I'd like to see if we can improve your rates.

More often then not I don't really asked to see your bill, I just want to see if you're with Direct Energy Regulated Services and if so I want to know if you're happy with your service. If you are, I most of the time just politely say thank you and leave the customer on their day.

It's sad to see how many people here are saying that they have been lied to and how their rates have doubled. If we get to a point where we can compare rates and I notice that you guys have a better rate, I once again stop there and thank you for your time.

I don't know what the plans were like before but they definitely sound a bit different from the ones they are trying to get people onto now.

Our biggest thing is that we offer no early exit fees now and that we offer variable gas rates with a cap.

Thank you for everyones response even though some select seem to have a very emotional response to salesman which I don't blame them.

By no means am I aiming for sales as it isn't something for me entirely. This job is just something different than my usual work for the summer as I am graduating from Business soon. As I have been struggling to find a corporate job with a high GPA and tonnes of extra curriculars, I decided to just take this job.

FraserB
05-28-2014, 10:24 AM
Are you advising people that they have a 10 day cooling off period to cancel with no penalties as well and that the guaranteed savings are only for the first 6 months?

EK69
05-28-2014, 10:32 AM
Apparently they don't have early cancellation fees now?
Unless "no early exit fee" means something else somehow
And the rate is comparable it seems
Just not sure about the gas rate. Is it always gonna be 5.99 per GJ or it will go below that ever? I read something about the rate plus $2 I think somewhere too? What's that about?

guessboi
05-28-2014, 10:33 AM
I personally don't find door to door sales attractive. It will be a good experience for you though. Let us know what your closing ratio is. :thumbsup:

[Yu]
05-28-2014, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by FraserB
Are you advising people that they have a 10 day cooling off period to cancel with no penalties as well and that the guaranteed savings are only for the first 6 months?

In the Agreement on paper, it definitely says that there are no Early exit fees, but after the 10 cooling off period, there is a required 30 days notice to cancel. With this in mind, the trainer told us that at Direct Energy (not Direct Energy Regulated Services), we don't charge a penalty.

I can't say I can guarantee you savings, as that would be misrepresentation. I just compare your rates and see if its better and if it is something that you want.

To answer another question much more above.

These are the most common providers that I see:

Regulated Providers-
EnMax
Direct Energy Regulated Services

Competitive Retailers-
EasyMax
Direct Energy
Just Energy

Like I previously mentioned I don't say I guarantee you savings, I compare rates across the board.

For example,

I think EnMax is providing fixed electricity for 8.00/kwh, and 5.39-5.99 fixed for natural gas.

Just Energy is providing 8.39/kwh, and 5.99 fixed /gj

Direct Energy is providing rates of 8.59/kwh, and 5.99 capped rate but you enjoy the comfort of variability with the market.

[Yu]
05-28-2014, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by EK69
Apparently they don't have early cancellation fees now?
Unless "no early exit fee" means something else somehow
And the rate is comparable it seems
Just not sure about the gas rate. Is it always gonna be 5.99 per GJ or it will go below that ever? I read something about the rate plus $2 I think somewhere too? What's that about?

I'm not sure what the +$2 thing is, I was on the UAC I think it is for the government site and some retailers offer variable + 2 i think?

As for the 5.99 per gj, we cap it. So thus if its over that (as it was in March 2014 at $9.04) you pay the 5.99, if its below it (as it is with most of the year) you pay the market rate.

I can't remember exactly but we have some historical rates, and honestly I don't remember seeing many above $5/gj as most of the time I see it in the 3-4's.

I hope that helps

nzwasp
05-28-2014, 10:59 AM

For example,

I think EnMax is providing fixed electricity for 8.00/kwh, and 5.39-5.99 fixed for natural gas.

Just Energy is providing 8.39/kwh, and 5.99 fixed /gj

Direct Energy is providing rates of 8.59/kwh, and 5.99 capped rate but you enjoy the comfort of variability with the market.

Enmax also has floating gas. Not sure of the rate.

I don't see any advantage with going with any company other than enmax. Why would I want all my utilities/city shit on seperate bills.

Canucks3322
05-28-2014, 11:29 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by [Yu]
BUMP for an old thread.

So recently I just got a job for the summer with DE the competitive retailer side.

I am not sure if most of this old thread was for Direct Energy Regulated Services, as that is the Regulated Rate Option (RRO) arm of Direct Energy Marketing.

Tips to getting salesman to leave:
1. No Soliciting Sign - We are very strict when it comes to these signs, when I see one I just turn around immediately as their are legal ramifications if I attempt to sell to a customer with this sign on their house. There are fines, and in some cases jail time.
2. Tell them you are with Just Energy, and that you have been with them for longer than 2-3 bill periods. As after 30 days from your first bill, to cancel with Just Energy, one must pay a cancellation fee.

Disclaimer: Everything I say does not represent Direct Energy Services, as I am not a representative outside of work. These are strictly my opinions and view on the situation. [/QUOT

Uh what's wrong with just slamming the door in your face or not answering at all?

FraserB
05-28-2014, 12:00 PM

I'm not sure what the +$2 thing is, I was on the UAC I think it is for the government site and some retailers offer variable + 2 i think?

As for the 5.99 per gj, we cap it. So thus if its over that (as it was in March 2014 at $9.04) you pay the 5.99, if its below it (as it is with most of the year) you pay the market rate.

I can't remember exactly but we have some historical rates, and honestly I don't remember seeing many above $5/gj as most of the time I see it in the 3-4's.

I hope that helps

With DE you pay the AECO "C" price plus a rider of $2.00/GJ. It's just not going to exceed $5.99/GJ.

So with an AECO "C" rate of $3.99/GJ or higher, you'll always be paying the $5.99/GJ. But there seems to be a date range limitation on the cap rate.

FraserB
05-28-2014, 12:15 PM
EasyMax current fixed electrical (5 year) is 8.49/kwh and their floating is 4.235/kwh (average 8.772 over the last 2 years).

Easymax current fixed gas (5 year) is 5.99/GJ and their floating is 4.511/GJ (average of 3.02/GJ). With their $0.99/GJ rider, your average would have been $4.01 for the last 24 months

Tik-Tok
05-28-2014, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by guessboi
I personally don't find door to door sales attractive.

:werd:

The only thing I buy from door to door sales, is girl guide cookies, and only if they're the mint ones at that :rofl:

The last Direct Energy guy kept asking why I wouldn't show him my bill, finally I just told him "because you're a door to door salesman, and I don't buy from door to door salespeople, have a good one" and closed the door.

My wife heard him through the window, cursing all the way down the sidewalk, lol.

GQBalla
05-28-2014, 12:59 PM
Answer your the door with nothing but your underwear on.

People can't wait to end the conversation.

blairtruck
05-28-2014, 01:04 PM
tell them you get billby email and if they want to risk coming to you basement for the bill or end up tied up in the closet.

3drian
05-28-2014, 01:09 PM
Hey guys, new-ish home owner here, if Direct energy is such a scam as you guys say, I am just wondering what other provider you guys use? or who is the more reliable? Im in lethbridge, if that makes any difference.

bigbadboss101
05-29-2014, 04:49 PM
I think the fixed electricity rate looks reasonable and might be worthwhile to go that route by looking at the average for the past 2 years. The gas rate seems a bit high though.

Cos
05-29-2014, 05:52 PM

blitz
05-29-2014, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Cos
However there are still the die-hards who wont let it die because they got caught into it.

When there are companies that never pursued this sort of 'aggressive marketing' why give a company like DE a second chance?

Cos
05-29-2014, 08:05 PM

Tik-Tok
06-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Speaking of door to door liars...

A Telus "rep" came to my door, telling me all about how they've upgraded the lines to fiber optics, and I'll get more reliable service than Shaw, because Shaw only has one line to the neighborhood so everyone saps it's data... :facepalm:

I asked him "When exactly did they come to my house and install fiber optic cable, because it's still the same old shitty line to the pole that causes severe interference on my phone every time it's windy out, and in fact, when did they come to my neighborhood and change all the pole to pole lines, because I haven't seen anyone up there in years?"

Him: "Ummm, well, when everyone gets home shaw slows down and..."

Me: "Yeah thanks, have a good day".

pheoxs
06-02-2014, 07:04 PM
I feel there isn't something wrong with DE but more so their sales people are just slimy. Unfortunately most people that work based on commission get turned because being sleezy and lying typically seems to get them easier sales.

If you go onto DE's site and see what they offer, the penalties, etc, I don't see anything scammy.

I wouldn't sign something from someone coming upto my door though, fuck that.

nj2Type-S
06-21-2014, 04:45 PM
so a DE rep just came to my house asking me if i wanted to sign up. aside from their sales tactic being less than desirable (ie. door-to-door), does anybody actually have DE as their energy provider?

if, at the end of the day, DE will save me money, are there other reasons not to sign up? thanks!

i told him i'm not signing anything until i've done my research, and the rep was nice and polite about it.

16hypen3sp
06-21-2014, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
so a DE rep just came to my house asking me if i wanted to sign up. aside from their sales tactic being less than desirable (ie. door-to-door), does anybody actually have DE as their energy provider?

if, at the end of the day, DE will save me money, are there other reasons not to sign up? thanks!

i told him i'm not signing anything until i've done my research, and the rep was nice and polite about it.

Its a contract right? Some people don't like them. I have DE as my power/gas provider and I noticed a small decline in my bills.

The only reason I signed up is because I had just bought my first home, and, lets face it, we need the utilities regardless of a contract or not. Make sure its in the home owners name (not your girlfriend - just in case shit goes south.)

If I was renting, I probably wouldn't switch... but that's just me.

EDIT: Did he give you the spiel about the no cancellation fee?

nj2Type-S
06-21-2014, 08:46 PM
the rep specifically said no sign up fees or cancellation fees, which honestly piqued my interest.

16hypen3sp
06-22-2014, 07:18 AM
the rep specifically said no sign up fees or cancellation fees, which honestly piqued my interest.

I didn't have to put any deposits down or anything. It was cheap to switch. I was a little concerned over the no cancellation fee so I made him show me in the fine print where it specifically says no cancellation and its in there. I also confirmed it with their head office.

I don't know anyone that's been burned by it so I have no reason to believe that they are scamming people.

egmilano
06-22-2014, 07:57 AM
Not to hijack the thread but I've had "Just Energy" a company doing similar door to door "consolidation" b.s come by my place with some biased charts preaching about saving 7 dollars a month in fees and blah blah. They also had a similar program to easy-max i think... I don't know the specifics, didn't care too much to ask because the sales person was waaaaaaaay too pushy in trying to make me sign a paper without reading it, that made the sirens and red flags come out lol I had to tell her to leave multiple times.. fucking ass clown :whipped:

J.M.
06-22-2014, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by egmilano
Not to hijack the thread but I've had "Just Energy" a company doing similar door to door "consolidation" b.s come by my place with some biased charts preaching about saving 7 dollars a month in fees and blah blah. They also had a similar program to easy-max i think... I don't know the specifics, didn't care too much to ask because the sales person was waaaaaaaay too pushy in trying to make me sign a paper without reading it, that made the sirens and red flags come out lol I had to tell her to leave multiple times.. fucking ass clown :whipped:

TWO of these guys came to my door last week. Both times door belling and knocking on the door aggressively. When the second guy came around I asked him why the fuck he was knocking on my door so hard and door belling multiple times? I then saw his "Just Energy" ID card and told the guy I wasn't interested in what they were offering and shut the door before he could get another word out.

16hypen3sp
06-22-2014, 10:22 AM

I've had them come by as well. Haven't seen them in a while actually. Those guys are concerning. I know a girl that was burned pretty bad by them.

The last time they stopped by, I was just finishing up detailing my car. He used it to break the ice. Used my own car as a conversation piece to try and sell me something.

Rep: "Oh man! Nice car! I've always been interested in these!"

Me: "Thanks."

Rep: "Really nice. Hey I'm from Just Energy and I'm wondering..."

Me: "............ no thanks."

:rofl:

2Legit2Quit
06-22-2014, 10:31 AM
I just tell them I rent and utilities are included in the rent, turns them around instantly.

ExtraSlow
06-22-2014, 12:13 PM
I usually claim to work for Enmax.

DENZILDON
06-23-2014, 08:37 AM
One thing you guys may want to check is the floating gas rate transaction fee for DE. It's $1.50 per Gj compared to Enmax at 0.99 per Gj.

They may give you a better rate for electricity but they are screwing you in the gas portion.

Sugarphreak
06-23-2014, 10:28 PM

nj2Type-S
06-26-2014, 01:45 PM
i've gotta be honest, i don't even check my utility statements from enmax. it's not like i can do anything, anyway if i'm paying too high, lol. i keep hearing radio ads for enmax about some savings or whatever program. how does this work for existing customers? i've been with easymax by enmax for the past 7 yrs now.

drtoohotty1
06-26-2014, 02:03 PM
i've gotta be honest, i don't even check my utility statements from enmax. it's not like i can do anything, anyway if i'm paying too high, lol. i keep hearing radio ads for enmax about some savings or whatever program. how does this work for existing customers? i've been with easymax by enmax for the past 7 yrs now.

Are you talking about easymax dollars?

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
I usually claim to work for Enmax.

I also do this but only because I do work for Enmax and when they come by I usually have some form of Enmax gear on that's usually enough to get them to stop talking lol

nj2Type-S
06-27-2014, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by drtoohotty1

Are you talking about easymax dollars?

yeah, easymax dollars. i don't think i've ever redeemed any amount before.

DENZILDON
06-27-2014, 12:39 PM

if you have elec and gas with easymax. Check your bill, there should be a note there saying how much you have saved unless you have it to apply monthly which will be about 8 dollars and a few cents/month.

If you haven't redeemed it then you have $700 of rewards you can use towards you account.

yellowsnow
06-27-2014, 01:42 PM

if you don't have easymax dollars being credited into your bill every month, then you should see a lump sum payment of $100 once per year on one of your statements. It's either a credit each bill or a lump sum of $100 once a year.

Alterac
07-11-2014, 04:46 PM

I just had these Just Energy people roll by my place right now.

I told them to go away. She tried to insist that I would get breaks on my bills, and if she could just see it, etc.. blah blah..

Had to say no about 50 times and then I closed my door.

She was cute though.

Canucks3322
07-11-2014, 06:06 PM
Wow you guys are just plain weird you say no 50 times before closing the door? What are you afraid to offend the poor salesman just slam the door as soon as they mention Just Energy... Did you say "sorry" too?

Alterac
07-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Just because its their job to be persistent, doesn't mean
I have to treat them like shit

J.M.
07-11-2014, 06:41 PM
Just tell them you're not interested. It's not difficult guys.

pheoxs
07-11-2014, 07:10 PM
I am not interested in your services. Please leave and do not return to solicite your services. And shut the door. If they knock or ring the door bell explain that you've asked them to leave the property and if they do not leave you will phone the police and report them as trespasser on your property.

Canucks3322
07-11-2014, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Alterac
Just because its their job to be persistent, doesn't mean
I have to treat them like shit

Well I don't mean swear at them but you don't have to be afraid to just cut them off and shut YOUR own door... yes you're right its their job and that's all it is nothing personal they're trained to be persistent but you're dead set on not buying so why waste anyone's time? I assure you they're not going to cry and kill themselves. Or just do what most people do don't even let it stress you out, just don't answer the door at all.

StreetRacerX
07-11-2014, 11:18 PM
We received a letter in the mail stating that no one has applied for electric, water, or sewer services from our address, so my fiance calls customer service at Enmax and they set us up with Direct Energy as they are the designated service provider in our area, so whats the deal, I didn't think Enmax and DE had much to do with each other?

Zeroflux APX
07-19-2014, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Speaking of door to door liars...

A Telus "rep" came to my door, telling me all about how they've upgraded the lines to fiber optics, and I'll get more reliable service than Shaw, because Shaw only has one line to the neighborhood so everyone saps it's data... :facepalm:

I asked him "When exactly did they come to my house and install fiber optic cable, because it's still the same old shitty line to the pole that causes severe interference on my phone every time it's windy out, and in fact, when did they come to my neighborhood and change all the pole to pole lines, because I haven't seen anyone up there in years?"

Him: "Ummm, well, when everyone gets home shaw slows down and..."

Me: "Yeah thanks, have a good day".

The part about installing the fiber lines is probably not true (though it may have been upgraded), but Shaw does use shared bandwidth on their internet which makes it slow down if everyone is one during peak time.