PDA

View Full Version : This is what you get for 5k over the wrx265

SilverRex
10-17-2008, 02:10 PM
As you know it the wrx265 this year is nothing short of amazing. I test drove it and it DOES feel like a 300hp vehicle. However upon comparing and test driving its older sibling the STI. One has to ponder is it worth the 5000 dollars premium for the base STi.

So I have came up with the list of what this 5000 dollars will get you over the current 35k wrx 265

-Aluminum driver’s foot rest
-305 HP and 290lb vs 265 and 244
-Super Sport ABS with G-load sensor
-Brembo Brake system
-Larger Ventilated disc front and rear 3xx instead of 2xx mm
-STI tune suspension
-inverted KYB struts with forged aluminum alloy lower instead of steel
-Red powder coated intake manifold
-Larger high capacity intercooler
-SI-Drive Subaru intelligent Drive engine management system
-Integrated LED turn signal on door mirrors
-Aluminum with STI logo door sill
-Quad tip high performance exhaust
-Wide with cooling vent fenders
-HID xenon head lamps
-Dunlop SP600 245/40 R18 tires
-18x8.5 cast aluminum alloy wheels instead of 17s
-sport design with metal trim STI gauges
-Cold engine warning light indicator
-Multi-mode DCCD indicator
-SI-Drive mode indicator
-Red line warning alarm adjustable
-STI floor mats
-Smoke Grey Alcantara with black leather and STI logo seats
-Black headliner interior
-Titanium finish STI shifter boot
-3 spoke leather wrap STI wheel
-6 speed tranny instead of 5 speed
-Short throw shifter with reverse lock out
-Front Helical type limited Slip
-Rear Torsen limited slip

Now yes the STI is stiffer but not as stiff as it once were in previous generations. If you ask me, I enjoy the interior of the STI much more than I do say the likes of an evo. And with 15k worth of gear if not more, the 5k price tag truely is remarkable.

Can you tell me another car that is equal or less than 40k and offer this much performence package and name?

I know you already have the answer

imjimmylin
10-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Oh wow... I didn't even notice that they lowered the price of an STI, I was looking a couple months ago and it was 49,995.

GQBalla
10-17-2008, 02:59 PM
STI ftw

SilverRex
10-17-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by imjimmylin
Oh wow... I didn't even notice that they lowered the price of an STI, I was looking a couple months ago and it was 49,995.

yeah they now have two models, the tech package and base. the only thing the base doesnt have is the moonroof, navi and bbs wheels. and to me that is not worth the 6k premium

xrayvsn
10-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Mechanically, the 6 speed, center diff, front and rear LSD as well as suspension are what sets apart the STi from the WRX. The transmission is quite stout relative to the Legacy sourced 5 speed in the WRX, so it can handle more torque than the WRX265 once you start modding.

SilverRex
10-17-2008, 05:54 PM
anyone know how much can the STI handle? I heard the evo MR can only handle another 50 hp

89s1
10-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex

yeah they now have two models, the tech package and base. the only thing the base doesnt have is the moonroof, navi and bbs wheels. and to me that is not worth the 6k premium

I would get the tech package for the simple fact that I could put it in my sig.

BTW, do they have a nav package??? :rofl: