PDA

View Full Version : Latest Project!

ls/vtec-crx
11-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Here is the latest project that we have been working on.
Car: 00-01 Integra
Engine: B18C (JDM GSR)
Transmission: OEM ITR

Parts:
Peak Boost Turbo Kit
Hondata S300 w/boost solenoid
RC Engineering 550cc Injectors
Walbro 255lph In Tank Fuel Pump
Fluidyne 92-95 Civic Half Radiator
AEM Fuel Regulator
AEM Fuel Rail
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
Skunk2 68mm Throttle Body
ACT 4-Puck Sprung Clutch Kit
Auto Meter Gauges
Moroso Oil Pan
Hasport Engine Mounts
JDM CTR Valve Cover
Spoon Spark Plug Cover

We have been working on the car for about a couple weeks now as it has been a complete overhaul of the motor and then adding the turbo and new parts. We did OEM piston rings, OEM crank and rod bearings, honed the block, had the head rebuilt and machined, replaced some of the synchros in the transmission and i could go on and on. But basically it's a brand new fresh motor. Here are some pics and the car should be done in the next couple days or so. Just in time for the perfect weather :cry:

Peakboost Intercooler
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll149/jdmpimp1/aleks%20integra/DSC02001.jpg

Tial 50mm Blow Off Valve
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll149/jdmpimp1/aleks%20integra/DSC02000.jpg

Garrett T3/T04E Turbo
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll149/jdmpimp1/aleks%20integra/DSC01999.jpg

Hasport Engine Mounts
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll149/jdmpimp1/aleks%20integra/DSC01998.jpg
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll149/jdmpimp1/aleks%20integra/DSC01997.jpg

Skunk2 Manifold, AEM Rail & Regulator, and RC Injectors
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll149/jdmpimp1/aleks%20integra/DSC01996.jpg

Fluidyne Radiator, Peak Boost Exhaust Manifold
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll149/jdmpimp1/aleks%20integra/DSC01995.jpg

Tial 38mm Wastegate, Moroso Oil Pan
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll149/jdmpimp1/aleks%20integra/DSC01994.jpg

JDM CTR Valve Cover & Spoon Spark Plug Cover
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll149/jdmpimp1/aleks%20integra/DSC01993.jpg

Misc.
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll149/jdmpimp1/aleks%20integra/DSC01992.jpg

sr20s14zenki
11-17-2008, 08:46 PM
Very nice, you do clean work.

supra_11
11-17-2008, 08:51 PM
:drool:

Dj_Stylz
11-17-2008, 08:59 PM
:bigpimp: Damnn

pf0sh0
11-17-2008, 09:02 PM
:bigpimp:

EFHatch
11-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Finally, some pics!!!

Glad you guys are taking your time. nothing like a fresh start :)

rawsensation
11-17-2008, 09:15 PM
can't wait to see it done :thumbsup: , to bad for the shitty weather

4doorj
11-17-2008, 11:47 PM
Looks sooooo good!!!
Very clean work all the time:thumbsup:

94boosted
11-18-2008, 02:01 AM
Looks really nice and clean :thumbsup:

SetoJai
11-18-2008, 07:10 AM
looking sick, clean as hell also man! :thumbsup:

Mr_ET
11-18-2008, 07:29 AM
ah this is the car I have heard about, looks great man when do you guys think you'll be able to throw this on the dyno?

7thgenvic
11-18-2008, 07:40 AM
WICKED!!! this makes me want a Honda again!

ls/vtec-crx
11-18-2008, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
Very nice, you do clean work.

i hate cluttered and messy engine bays

Originally posted by EFHatch
Finally, some pics!!!

Glad you guys are taking your time. nothing like a fresh start :)

yeah aleks was supposed to take pics of progress of the whole build but he never did. :dunno:

Originally posted by rawsensation
can't wait to see it done :thumbsup: , to bad for the shitty weather

yeah i can't wait to see it outta my garage.

Originally posted by 4doorj
Looks sooooo good!!!
Very clean work all the time:thumbsup:

yeah yeah you know it.

Originally posted by 94boosted
Looks really nice and clean :thumbsup:

thanks

Originally posted by SetoJai
looking sick, clean as hell also man! :thumbsup:

thanks

Originally posted by Mr_ET
ah this is the car I have heard about, looks great man when do you guys think you'll be able to throw this on the dyno?

hopefully get in on the dyno next weekend.

Originally posted by 7thgenvic
WICKED!!! this makes me want a Honda again!

just get another one already and i'll build it for you. :thumbsup:

euro_racer
11-18-2008, 09:29 PM
i was wondering, why did you guys decide to rebuild the engine with OEM internals instead of beefing it up for boost?

crxcel
11-18-2008, 10:01 PM
did you have any issues with the I/C piping? I had to cut mine on my b series EG to get them to fit with the peakboost kit

1-Bar
11-18-2008, 10:11 PM
nice peakboost, how do you like it compared to the Fullrace stuff??

Everything is clean as usual, except that MAP sensor just hanging there :nut:

edit: maf -> map

Trini
11-18-2008, 11:05 PM
:drool: :drool: sweet
love the manifold

92gsr
11-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by crxcel
did you have any issues with the I/C piping? I had to cut mine on my b series EG to get them to fit with the peakboost kit Peakboost has fixed this problem now. A friend had this problem and worked with Ken Peak to correct it and they fit properly now (at least on the top mount kits).

1-Bar nice peakboost, how do you like it compared to the Fullrace stuff?? Everything is clean as usual, except that MAF sensor just hanging there
Thats a GM 3bar Map not a maf. Peakboost is comparable to FR not quite as nice but not quite as pricey. Customer service is awesome though.

To the OP very nice but I have some Q's. Why the fancy aem rail/regulator, skunk2 mani/tb, and hasport mounts? Wouldn't this money have been better spent on at least some eagles and SRP's? The stock rail,regulator, IM, tb are good to more than the stock ringlands can take and ES mount inserts work fine.

Revhard
11-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Good luck with this car boys, should be a blast!!!:thumbsup:

eg_eric
11-20-2008, 02:55 PM
looking sweet man!

cjay^
11-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Wow, that is some clean work. Especially the front mount.

ls/vtec-crx
11-21-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer
i was wondering, why did you guys decide to rebuild the engine with OEM internals instead of beefing it up for boost?

cost of beefing it up would have been way more money.

Originally posted by crxcel
did you have any issues with the I/C piping? I had to cut mine on my b series EG to get them to fit with the peakboost kit

yeah had to cut the one hot pipe, was too long. but other than that everything else fit not bad.
Originally posted by 1-Bar
nice peakboost, how do you like it compared to the Fullrace stuff??

Everything is clean as usual, except that MAF sensor just hanging there :nut:

yeah map sensor is for the boost gauge.

Originally posted by Trini
:drool: :drool: sweet
love the manifold

yeah the manifold is nutz

Originally posted by 92gsr
Peakboost has fixed this problem now. A friend had this problem and worked with Ken Peak to correct it and they fit properly now (at least on the top mount kits).

Thats a GM 3bar Map not a maf. Peakboost is comparable to FR not quite as nice but not quite as pricey. Customer service is awesome though.

To the OP very nice but I have some Q's. Why the fancy aem rail/regulator, skunk2 mani/tb, and hasport mounts? Wouldn't this money have been better spent on at least some eagles and SRP's? The stock rail,regulator, IM, tb are good to more than the stock ringlands can take and ES mount inserts work fine.

well it's not the same kit now is it :dunno: so it's not actually fixed for this kit. and yes ken with peak gives awesome service.

as for the FANCY parts, AEM regulator is for adding pressure per lb of boost which stock will not do, fuel rail is to compliment the regulator. why have one and not the other aem rail looks shitty on stock rail (personal preference and not my or your money being spent)! Intake manifold better runners and plenum compared to stock gsr=couple more hp, TB same shit. Rings: car was buring alot of oil, and the cylinder walls had no more cross etching. and as for the mounts way stiffer than stock and better than those energy suspension inserts. it's all personal preference and most of the things have purpose and not just looks.

it's like asking you why would spend money on a 92 integra. :werd:

92gsr
11-21-2008, 04:41 PM
My point was the stock parts are good enough to support more power than the factory internals can make reliably on pump fuel. The money spent on the boltons would have been enough for forged pistons and rods.

I guess for the customer form > function. Just an FYI the port alignment between the S2 mani and the gsr head is rather poor. The only one that is very good is the edelbrock victor x.

As for the 92teg its most definetly function over form it's not very pretty under the hood. To each their own right?

EG_Civic
11-21-2008, 04:43 PM
how much boost are you running?

ls/vtec-crx
11-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by 92gsr
My point was the stock parts are good enough to support more power than the factory internals can make reliably on pump fuel. The money spent on the boltons would have been enough for forged pistons and rods.

I guess for the customer form > function. Just an FYI the port alignment between the S2 mani and the gsr head is rather poor. The only one that is very good is the edelbrock victor x.

As for the 92teg its most definetly function over form it's not very pretty under the hood. To each their own right?

oh definately i know stock parts would definately handle more than enough power.

And just FYI most of the parts he bought, before he even knew that he was going turbo, and i know that the edelbrock is good, but guess what the full race is even better. don't matter point is it's not our car what he decided to buy is what he decided to buy.

as for the 92teg function, your function standards must be pretty damn low. :rofl:

but once again everyone has their own opinions and preference on what is good or shitty.

Originally posted by EG_Civic
how much boost are you running?

gonna run 6psi for break-in and then after that i'm gonna tune the car for about 12-14psi

SNAATCH
11-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by ls/vtec-crx

gonna run 6psi for break-in and then after that i'm gonna tune the car for about 12-14psi

What is the goal for power on this setup on 12-14psi?

ottamania
11-23-2008, 09:12 PM
very clean work. :drool:

ls/vtec-crx
11-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by SNAATCH

What is the goal for power on this setup on 12-14psi?

350-375ish

Originally posted by ottamania
very clean work. :drool:

thanks