PDA

View Full Version : Oil restrictor

LUDELVR
04-13-2009, 08:54 AM
It's been so long since I bought one but does anyone know where I can pick up an oil restrictor for a turbo? I can't remember what the recommended hole size is too!

jaylo
04-13-2009, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
It's been so long since I bought one but does anyone know where I can pick up an oil restrictor for a turbo? I can't remember what the recommended hole size is too!

PM Jason Lange
or go to www.atpturbo.com and purchase it online
:thumbsup:

LUDELVR
04-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by jaylo

PM Jason Lange
or go to www.atpturbo.com and purchase it online
:thumbsup:

Was doing a bit more research and I guess these things aren't necessary but I remember using one on my last kit and didn't have any issues at all with my oil. :dunno:

Jason Lange
04-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Is it a ball bearing turbo? If not don't worry about a restrictor.

Supa Dexta
04-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Not entirely true^ Generally if you're going to see over 60psi (oil pressure) at wot, you'd want it restricted on a JB turbo as well... A usual size is something like .063", I drilled mine to about .092" though. Running unrestricted you may run into problems over over oiling, or blowing oil thru the seals and smoking under boost.

Jason Lange
04-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Not entirely true^ Generally if you're going to see over 60psi (oil pressure) at wot, you'd want it restricted on a JB turbo as well... A usual size is something like .063", I drilled mine to about .092" though. Running unrestricted you may run into problems over over oiling, or blowing oil thru the seals and smoking under boost.

This is true, you can purchase restrictors in a number of sizes for that purpose.

gretz
04-16-2009, 12:30 PM
i have one - let me know