PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Channel feature on Calgary Racing School

Spec R
04-13-2009, 12:11 PM
Discovery Channel feature on Allen Berg Racing School

Youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO05eG28AFY)

xxviet
04-13-2009, 07:26 PM
wow very cool thanks for posting

Chandler_Racing
04-13-2009, 07:44 PM
I was just looking to sign up for a few lessons with them.

Not sure whether I should go the shifter kart route or formula cars....

Spec R
04-17-2009, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Chandler_Racing
I was just looking to sign up for a few lessons with them.

Not sure whether I should go the shifter kart route or formula cars....

Always start with karting and build up High performance driving techniques

For example High performance driving techniques = Driver ability + use all the track + use the performance of the car.

Driver ability = Looking far ahead, smooth vehicle dynamic control + Tire traction control + more......

Use all the track = line, increase & decrease radius turn, early or late apex + Three type of corners

Use the Performance of the car = different driving style with different setting of the car.

Once the driver build the HPDT then can always the convert the techniques to formula car and have more fun.

Redlyne_mr2
04-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Our track doesnt look even worse on camera lol.

Thanks for posting though.

Chandler_Racing
04-18-2009, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Spec R

Always start with karting and build up High performance driving techniques

For example High performance driving techniques = Driver ability + use all the track + use the performance of the car.

Driver ability = Looking far ahead, smooth vehicle dynamic control + Tire traction control + more......

Use all the track = line, increase & decrease radius turn, early or late apex + Three type of corners

Use the Performance of the car = different driving style with different setting of the car.

Once the driver build the HPDT then can always the convert the techniques to formula car and have more fun.

I've already done the race school at Race City and have been out in 125cc shifter karts a 1/2 dozen or so times.

I won't be able to get 100% out of either of them, but the Formula karts look a lot more fun.

dino_martini
04-19-2009, 01:32 AM
That makes me want to take a course at Allen Berg. I took a good look at the car they had at the Autoshow. Neat cars.

Spec R
04-20-2009, 10:31 AM
Since it is the last season of Formula Racing School in Calgary, so let try it and have a good experience in Formula Renault.

A new article from European car magazine about the ABRS

http://www.europeancarweb.com/features/epcp_0904_allen_berg_racing_school/index.html

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: