PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Z4 M Coupe

Impreza
05-30-2009, 11:33 AM
Has anybody seen a used 2006+ Z4 M coupe for sale locally in Alberta? I know they aren't too common, but I am having a pretty hard time finding a decent one.

Thanks,

Redlyne_mr2
05-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Did you see this one or are you looking for a CND car?
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-BMW-Collectors-BMW-2000-Dinan-M-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ129272071

Impreza
05-30-2009, 12:39 PM
I saw it, but looking for the 2006+ Z4 M coupe, not the original shoe.

Thanks for the link though!

CokerRat
05-30-2009, 08:35 PM
My neighbour just bought a black 2005 with 20k km on it. Beautiful car.

Impreza
06-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Anybody??

Nate
06-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by CokerRat
My neighbour just bought a black 2005 with 20k km on it. Beautiful car.
No he didn't. Coupes did not come out till 2006

Why not Import one from the States. The dollar has gone up and they are built in the States, so no duty. They do not have idrive so there is no need to change out the cluster.

Impreza
06-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Hmm.... didn't think of that option.. but then servicing it at the dealer would be a pain...

I actually found one at Calgary BMW yesterday. Some guy traded in a BASE (literally not 1 option) Imola Red M Coupe. It was a 2007 with 2374kms on it. BMW wants $58900+tax though. I had to ask for a salesman to help me, who found the car, but he was possibly the biggest asshole in the world. It seemed as though I was doing him a favour by potentially buying a car from him. He was extremely condescending! He asked me FIVE times, if I was actually interested in the car or wasting his time. Here's the kicker, before I left, he said to me, "Show me you're interested, and I will consider taking you on a test drive"..

LOL WTF!! I drive all the way to the dealership and specifically ASK for a salesman and ASK him if they have any M Coupes. OF COURSE I AM FUCKING INTERESTED!!:drama:

ApexDrift
06-02-2009, 01:02 PM
who was the salesman?...

you should go look for Geoff Rosales... he will beg you to test drive...

Nate
06-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Wierd. You would think they would be hungary to make a sale.

With 24000Km service intervals, I do not think you need to worry about service too much. I imported mine and have not too many problems with service.

I just looked on autotrader.com You should be able to find a low mileage one brought here for around 42K CDN +/- 2K.

Team_Mclaren
06-02-2009, 01:08 PM
58k is outrageous, you can get one for mid 30k USD and with importing tax and stuff you can get away with one for mid 40K easily.

Impreza
06-02-2009, 01:08 PM
I think the salesman's name was Darcy Cooke. I mean, as a salesman, I understand that you don't want to waste your own time, but it was pretty offensive for him to continually ask if I could "afford" the car 5 times. Funny thing is, I drove to the dealership in a car I bought last year that costs substantially more than the M Coupe.. lol

GT4rally
06-03-2009, 07:02 PM
I would look in B.C. if I were you. Corrosion free, and there might be more selection.

buh_buh
06-03-2009, 10:24 PM
what a dick. You should get that car from another salesman just to piss him off.

theken
06-03-2009, 10:45 PM
to rub it in i would buy a bently then drive over there and piss on the m coupe

max_boost
06-04-2009, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Impreza
Hmm.... didn't think of that option.. but then servicing it at the dealer would be a pain...

I actually found one at Calgary BMW yesterday. Some guy traded in a BASE (literally not 1 option) Imola Red M Coupe. It was a 2007 with 2374kms on it. BMW wants $58900+tax though. I had to ask for a salesman to help me, who found the car, but he was possibly the biggest asshole in the world. It seemed as though I was doing him a favour by potentially buying a car from him. He was extremely condescending! He asked me FIVE times, if I was actually interested in the car or wasting his time. Here's the kicker, before I left, he said to me, "Show me you're interested, and I will consider taking you on a test drive"..

LOL WTF!! I drive all the way to the dealership and specifically ASK for a salesman and ASK him if they have any M Coupes. OF COURSE I AM FUCKING INTERESTED!!:drama:

LMAO

Exact same thing happen to my lady when she went to Lonestar asking about the SLK. The guy was completely unhelpful so she got pissed off and left. When she went to go pick it up a few months later, the same guy was there watching her pick up the car. I believe there was a $2500 commission on it too, that guy completely lost out to his co-worker. All he had to do was fill the paper work and that was it. :facepalm:

Anyway, end rant. Good luck in finding your M Coupe :D

you&me
06-04-2009, 07:13 AM
I think the salesman's name was Darcy Cooke. I mean, as a salesman, I understand that you don't want to waste your own time, but it was pretty offensive for him to continually ask if I could "afford" the car 5 times. Funny thing is, I drove to the dealership in a car I bought last year that costs substantially more than the M Coupe.. lol

Hahaha, fucking classic!

I crossed paths with Darcy Cooke once as well... He threw out several condescending comments regarding the cost of the model and I might want used etc etc, even though I'd already finished the deal with a manager. I hope he felt like a retard when he found out the car was actually a present for someone else and I drove off in something 3X the price :D

Edit - sorry for the hijack! I'd deal with another sales guy just to rub it in his face, or go to the US - as others have said the M Coupes are one of the easiest and least costly BMWs to import. The price on the Imola red car is insane... at one point, they were begging for buyers at less than that when the cars were new.

cityhunter2501
06-04-2009, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

LMAO

Exact same thing happen to my lady when she went to Lonestar asking about the SLK. The guy was completely unhelpful so she got pissed off and left. When she went to go pick it up a few months later, the same guy was there watching her pick up the car. I believe there was a $2500 commission on it too, that guy completely lost out to his co-worker. All he had to do was fill the paper work and that was it. :facepalm:

Anyway, end rant. Good luck in finding your M Coupe :D

I love this kind of stories, same thing happened to me at Subaru Calgary.
Went with my cousins on a friday afternoon to look for a WRX265, I approach this salesman and told him I'm looking for one and would like to test drive one saturday morning, he told me to come at 10am.
Next day I show up only to find out that the guy had the day off, so another salesman helped me instead.
Tuesday afternoon I bought the 09 WRX265 and signed the documents in front of the guy that 1st ditched me.

Impreza
06-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Funniest thing is Darcy Cooke called me today asking if I was still interested. I told him I will call him back. I can't wait to tell him in person, when I drive up to the BMW dealership in my new car, haha.

herragge
06-06-2009, 12:15 AM
Salesmen in Canada think they are the shit cause there isn't that many dealerships in the area. They think you have no options in choosing the car you want, and are therefore forced to deal with them. When they come off as pricks it gives the entire company a bad rap. Not to mentioned Calgary BMW is notorious for shit acts like this, it definitely is not helping their reputation.

Good info on the importing, I didn't know the Z4 M Coupe was so easily importable.

Disoblige
06-06-2009, 12:24 AM
I'm kinda surprised that some salespeople, especially those who work for more luxurious cars such as BMW or Mercedes don't know basic 101 on selling? I'm a salesperson for items that are worth only a small fortune and I treat people with the same quality of service with a $20 sale as with a $18 000 sale. :banghead:

gpomp
06-06-2009, 12:42 AM
do you guys act and dress like douchebags when you go to these dealerships? i've never been treated poorly at any of the "luxury" places.

ragu
06-06-2009, 12:51 AM
Technichally if you act/dress like douche, you should get good treatment at all 'luxury' dealerships.
:burnout:

Impreza
06-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Darcy called me again today and left me a message. His message asked me again, if I was seriously interested in buying a car. He even went as far as saying, "if you are not in the position to buy a car right now...." I called him back and let him know that I actually just purchased a new car haha.

benyl
06-06-2009, 03:48 PM
What did you end up with?

Impreza
06-07-2009, 12:27 PM
^ I picked up a Z4 M Coupe, fully loaded, with Nav, etc. Gorgeous car!! The car needs a little cosmetic TLC, but there are no dents, original windshield, etc. Just needs a good inside and out detail. Mechanically, the car runs great. The best thing is that there is still LOADS of warranty left. Next step is to just take it to Gallery or Calgary BMW for a warranty oil change. I hope they don't give me a hard time cause the car is from Vancouver, and not bought through them.

Khalil.e
06-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Congrats on the purchase :D

Wickedly fun car to drive.. :clap:

you&me
06-07-2009, 12:49 PM
^ I picked up a Z4 M Coupe, fully loaded, with Nav, etc. Gorgeous car!! The car needs a little cosmetic TLC, but there are no dents, original windshield, etc. Just needs a good inside and out detail. Mechanically, the car runs great. The best thing is that there is still LOADS of warranty left. Next step is to just take it to Gallery or Calgary BMW for a warranty oil change. I hope they don't give me a hard time cause the car is from Vancouver, and not bought through them.

Congrats on the purchase! I hope you know the guys driving the 'M' cars are the biggest douches ;)

And neither dealer will give you a tough time. Might I suggest taking it to Calgary BMW... you might run into "Darcy AreYouSureYouCanReallyBuyThisCar Cooke"... that alone would be worth it :rofl: Maybe I'll even meet you there... now which car should I bring? The one I couldn't afford, or the other one I couldn't afford?

Graham_A_M
06-07-2009, 02:26 PM

I actually found one at Calgary BMW yesterday. Some guy traded in a BASE (literally not 1 option) Imola Red M Coupe. It was a 2007 with 2374kms on it. BMW wants $58900+tax though.
That is ridiculously overpriced

:nut:

badatusrnames
06-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Darcy called me again today and left me a message. His message asked me again, if I was seriously interested in buying a car. He even went as far as saying, "if you are not in the position to buy a car right now...." I called him back and let him know that I actually just purchased a new car haha.

Did you let him know you just got yourself a more reasonably priced and better appointed M Coupe elsewhere?

Impreza
06-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by you&me

Congrats on the purchase! I hope you know the guys driving the 'M' cars are the biggest douches ;)

And neither dealer will give you a tough time. Might I suggest taking it to Calgary BMW... you might run into "Darcy AreYouSureYouCanReallyBuyThisCar Cooke"... that alone would be worth it :rofl: Maybe I'll even meet you there... now which car should I bring? The one I couldn't afford, or the other one I couldn't afford?
We should actually do that! It would be unbelievably epic haha.

When I told Darcy I bought another M Coupe, I think he was in shock, he stuttered a bit over the phone and didn't really believe I bought the car. He then began to ask me what color, options, etc. haha

C4S
06-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Oops.. too late ! :eek:

scat19
06-12-2009, 09:05 AM
Stupid idiots.

I took me 15 minutes to get a look at the inside of an 05 M3. (Randy @ Gallery)

I noticed it had winter tires on it still. He wouldn't even find out for me if it had summers on different set of rims.

My Mum lives outside of Calgary (just doing some legwork for her), and as I'm just in arbour lake it's close to the BMW gallery.

He gave me his card, I thanked him - because now I know his name, so if she decided to make a move on it, we WON'T be buying the car from him. :devil:

Congrats on the M! Post pics!

JTC180
06-12-2009, 09:16 AM
Congrats on the new M! $58900 PLUS tax is insane. My dad got a NEW 2007 Z4M Roadster from the Crowfoot dealer last year for $59500 on the road all in with almost all the options available.