PDA

View Full Version : Why does subway smell like donkey anus?

Isaiah
06-18-2009, 01:42 AM
Every single one, every single time. The most common response has been "the yeast in the bread"

Debunk: Breads from other sub shops contain yeast and don't smell like ass ass.

The smell is so godawful that I can't for the life of me comprehend how people can have a meal in there. Seriously, it's like eating in a barn. I've only noticed this putrid, rank ass stench at Subway.

Mr. Sub, Quiznos, and my old favorite Blimpies are all immune. What's the goddamn deal here?

vengie
06-18-2009, 01:49 AM
Stay away from subway :dunno:
problem solved.

FiveFreshFish
06-18-2009, 01:50 AM
I never noticed.

Isaiah
06-18-2009, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by vengie
Stay away from subway :dunno:
problem solved.

Problem not solved.

1. The restaurants (I use that term loosely) stink up the entire surrounding area. Example: both the U of C and MRC locations are in main, high traffic corridors.

2. You did not even attempt to answer the question. If you read the thread title, it says "WHY does subway smell like donkey anus?" which you interpreted as: "Does anyone have a smartass, useless suggestion for dealing with Subway's putrid stench?"

vengie
06-18-2009, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Isaiah

Problem not solved.

1. The restaurants (I use that term loosely) stink up the entire surrounding area. Example: both the U of C and MRC locations are in main, high traffic corridors.

2. You did not even attempt to answer the question. If you read the thread title, it says "WHY does subway smell like donkey anus?" which you interpreted as: "Does anyone have a smartass, useless suggestion for dealing with Subway's putrid stench?"

1) maybe I just have an atrocious sense of smell then, I go to MRC and have never noticed, nor any other location for that matter.

2) if I was being a smart ass I would have suggested putting a car freshener around your nose to help alleviate the smell, my personal suggestion is "Wild Cherry" smells UNREAL

3) Is the subway stench that horrendous that it takes away from your quality of life? If so then you lead a very sad life my friend.
and if not, the answer again is simple, ignore it and carry on.

old&slow
06-18-2009, 04:49 AM
I've never smelled a donkey anus so I'm not qualified to answer! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Supa Dexta
06-18-2009, 05:29 AM
I have smelled donkey anus, but subway is sometimes worse then that.. :rofl:

And, yeah local movie store is beside one, and it stinks like hell in there too because of it.

alloroc
06-18-2009, 07:42 AM
[B]Why does subway smell like donkey anus?B]

Ummm ... a more relevant question, I'm sorry I just have to ask...

Why do you know what donkey anus smells like?

wardpr68
06-18-2009, 08:18 AM
When I was a kid I HATED the smell of subway.... I agree it had a terrible stench. But now I don't notice it anymore.... strange.

01RedDX
06-18-2009, 08:35 AM

Isaiah
06-18-2009, 09:27 AM
I do know that that they bake their own bread. Having said that, I don't think their bread is better than any other sub shop bread.

Tik-Tok
06-18-2009, 09:31 AM
I do know that that they bake their own bread. Having said that, I don't think their bread is better than any other sub shop bread.

Honestly, I think it's worse. Whatever way they make it leaves it too heavy and doughy for my tastes, and as this thread is all about, the smell is atrocious.

I love the smell of fresh baking bread, just not theirs :barf:

Isaiah
06-18-2009, 09:35 AM
Good point. I've been in many bakeries and supermarket bakeries and have never smelled anything remotely like the stench in a subway. The smell of fresh baked bread is actually quite pleasant.

01RedDX
06-18-2009, 09:39 AM

TYMSMNY
06-18-2009, 09:42 AM
Its also because of Subways lack of ventilation.

Kennyredline
06-18-2009, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
I have smelled donkey anus, but subway is sometimes worse then that.. :rofl:

And, yeah local movie store is beside one, and it stinks like hell in there too because of it.
...so under what circumstances are you aware of the smell of a donkey's anus, and should this be in "ask Leo....." lol

Mar
06-18-2009, 09:51 AM
People still go to Subway? Why?

Falafel King / Babylon > Thai Tai > * > Subway > Mr. Sub

snoop101
06-18-2009, 09:58 AM
I used to go there for the breakfast subs. I stopped going because they changed from cooking real eggs on the spot to this nasty crap that is pre cooked and comes out of plastic and into the microwave.

I have to admit though and its been a while, but I find the subways in little towns are way better then the ones in the cities.

snoop101
06-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Mar
People still go to Subway? Why?

Falafel King / Babylon > Thai Tai > * > Subway > Mr. Sub

total brain fart but theres another one that packs on the meat. its a chain as well.

bulaian
06-18-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by snoop101
I used to go there for the breakfast subs. I stopped going because they changed from cooking real eggs on the spot to this nasty crap that is pre cooked and comes out of plastic and into the microwave.

I have to admit though and its been a while, but I find the subways in little towns are way better then the ones in the cities.

YES! When I first had one of their "new" breakfast subs with the pre cooked eggs, I felt like throwing up. I don't think I will ever go back for one again unless they went back to cooking real eggs

lsc2g
06-18-2009, 10:10 AM
it doesn't always smell great yea

dude you on eurodrivers?

Isaiah
06-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by alloroc

Ummm ... a more relevant question, I'm sorry I just have to ask...

Why do you know what donkey anus smells like?

Originally posted by Kennyredline

...so under what circumstances are you aware of the smell of a donkey's anus, and should this be in "ask Leo....." lol
Although I've never had the displeasure of directly smelling a donkey's anus, it's the first thing thought that came to mind when thinking of the Subway smell. I'm sure that few if any of the people that say something "tastes like shit" have actually eaten fecal matter.

In hindsight, I suppose I could have just described the smell as 'awful' but I don't think that would do justice to the potency of the putrid stench.

Supa Dexta
06-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Kennyredline

Thats between me and your donkey...:rofl:

cjay^
06-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Every single one, every single time. The most common response has been "the yeast in the bread"

Debunk: Breads from other sub shops contain yeast and don't smell like ass ass.

The smell is so godawful that I can't for the life of me comprehend how people can have a meal in there. Seriously, it's like eating in a barn. I've only noticed this putrid, rank ass stench at Subway.

Mr. Sub, Quiznos, and my old favorite Blimpies are all immune. What's the goddamn deal here?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I worked at subway for 2 years back in the day (started a week after my 14th b-day) and I have always been absolutely nauseated by the smell. It is without a doubt something in the bread, because the smell isn't bad until you start baking, and as soon as you open the oven door with a batch of bread baking you get a fist of concentrated, superheated anus punching you in the face.

You think its bad now, but can you imagine being in a Subway for 6 hours? Your clothes stink, your hair stinks and it even gets ingrained in your fucking skin. I would sometimes shower the minute I got home, and when I was done you could still smell it on my hands, and if I left my work clothes in the bathroom, my whole upper level would smell like there was a fucking subway in the middle of my hallway. When I was nearing the end of my sandwich artist career I used to wear gloves the whole shift with rubber bands around the wrists to avoid the urge to pumice my fucking hands after working. Trust me it was that bad.

:barf: just thinking about it

the_vip
06-18-2009, 09:18 PM
given the op's knowledge of donkey anus, that may explain his desire to eat at subway.

signature7
06-18-2009, 09:28 PM
Main reason I don't eat subway. I hate that smell...yet a lot of my friends like that shit and say it's pleasant. In high school, I would buy it and but never eat in the store but since uni i can't stand it, I bought some for my sis one night on my way home from work and my car smelt like Rick Ross after eating ten authentic donairs after the ordeal. FML