PDA

View Full Version : Injector Work?

Toms-Celica
11-03-2003, 09:24 PM
Hey,

Anybody know of a place here in Calgary that does professional injector cleaning and testing? These would be a #36 Injector Ford OEM. I would like to get these flow tested and cleaned...:dunno:

THREE40SEVEN
11-03-2003, 09:54 PM
Try andrew... I think he still does injector cleaning/flow testing
http://www.performance-shop.com/yabbse/index.php?board=;action=viewprofile;user=ProEFI

Toms-Celica
11-03-2003, 10:01 PM
Ah Matt :thumbsup:

whatthe
11-04-2003, 04:57 PM
We can do flow and cleaning for you as well... http://www.monsterhorsepower.com

The injector test bench also allows the following...

Pattern @ 0 to 20 Millisecond DPW, 50 to 10,000 RPM
Droplet size @ 0 to 20 Millisecond DPW, 50 to 10,000 RPM
Atomization @ 0 to 20 Millisecond DPW, and 50 to 10,000 RPM
Injector volume @ 1 to 100%
Duty Cycle Static Point
Dribbling leaking @ 1 to 6.5 Bar Pressure
Targeting
Penetration
Idle Stability 2500 to 50 RPM
Static Points 0 to 20 Millisecond DPW,50 to 10,000 RPM
Injector Driver circuit loading and efficiency tests

If you have some specific requirements, or need to know if your injector will handle high/low pressures or what you are telling it to do from your EMS or even stock ECU, then just let us know and we'll do what we can for you....

All injectors are not created equal and we see a lot of crap and a lot of variances.

Cleaning doesn't always make a difference, and I'm not sure I personally think it is worth it. If anyone tells you they can take apart the sealed from the factory injectors and 'match and blue-print' them... ask to watch them while they do it.

Toms-Celica
11-04-2003, 06:18 PM
Cool, thanks for the reply! Who should I talk to for further information?

whatthe
11-04-2003, 06:34 PM
You can just ask for me as Reg is away at the SEMA show in Vegas until next week. I will be in and out of the shop myself as our floors are getting coated during the break. I should be able to walk on the floors by late Thursday/Friday and I could test them then if you wanted before the weekend. I handle pretty much all the injectors tests and print-outs that come in.

My name is Kyle btw (just realizing that it's not in my sig. on this forum)....

THREE40SEVEN
11-04-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by whatthe
You can just ask for me as Reg is away at the SEMA show in Vegas until next week. I will be in and out of the shop myself as our floors are getting coated during the break. I should be able to walk on the floors by late Thursday/Friday and I could test them then if you wanted before the weekend. I handle pretty much all the injectors tests and print-outs that come in.

My name is Kyle btw (just realizing that it's not in my sig. on this forum)....
Totally off topic, but what are you using to coat your floors? Im guessing this is the shop floor? Im looking for a product myself to do the same thing....

Toms-Celica
11-04-2003, 07:08 PM
Check your PM Kyle

whatthe
11-05-2003, 12:35 AM
I'll have to get details on the shop floor thing for you. I believe they are just re-applying a couple of coats to keep it looking good. Anything that involves being on my knees for a couple of days, I stay away from. :)

and T-C, I'll go check the PM now..

nosegrindR
11-06-2003, 05:26 PM
JD auto, 80$

whatthe
11-06-2003, 05:44 PM
The floor is just your basic porch and floor enamel coat by cloverdale. Works ok for hte most part, just give it time to dry. A couple of spots in the past year and bit where it picked up off the floor, but it has made spill clean-up a lot easier.

---

Like I mentioned in PM.... be sure to get more than just a static flow test done. We'll see injectors that look ok static and the set are matched for flow under those tests... start changing pulse-widths and frequency and you start to see the variances immediately. Whether in volume, or pattern/atomization/dribbling/penetration/etc. we see a lot injectors that aren't anywhere near being 'matched' (10-60% or more variances) and I would not personally use in a high-performance car...

THREE40SEVEN
11-06-2003, 11:18 PM