PDA

View Full Version : Where do you purchase your BMW parts from?

Quickstrike
08-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Which sites/stores offer the best prices?

I need misc. wear items like an Intake Bellow & Door Lock Actuator.
Always looking for the best deals on OEM filter replacements.

Plus, I would like to buy the usual E36 cosmetic mods -- HID Headlights, Clear Tails, M3 Bumper.
Is DDM Tuning the best place for this?

I drive a '98.5 Schwarz II 328is.

infected
08-03-2009, 08:34 PM
I usually like to go with Tischer.

BillyJoelR
08-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Tischer BMW

jomaium
08-03-2009, 10:47 PM
You can give ASP Tuning (http://asptuning.com/new/) or understeer.com (http://www.understeer.com/) a try for aftermarket parts.

+1 for Tischer BMW

97'Scort
08-03-2009, 11:36 PM
DDM is good if you want mass produced stuff. Personally I like BavToys, but you do a search over at bimmerforums and you'll find a lot of hate threads about them. Personally, Ouri has been nothing but professional and I will buy from him again. The problem is he has stuff for all levels: super cheap and super expensive. You get what you pay for, trust me. Get the good stuff now, and it won't bite you later.

OE parts, I like Pelicanparts.com. Wayne will ship smaller boxes marked with lower costs and "gift" if you ask nice. So will Ouri.

Aftermarket, my two favourites are Turner Motorsport (Doug is FANTASTIC, and knows everything there is to know abou this products) and Bimmerworld.com. Nothing but good experiences with both of them.

In Canada, your buddies at Tunerworks are about your best bet. Check with them first on aftermarket stuff. By the time you factor in duty, shipping, gst on US stuff, it's often just as cheap to go get it from Tunerworks, and you have the benefit of local warranty and advice.

scat19
08-04-2009, 01:06 AM
Good advice scort, however, Tunerworks is amazingly overrpriced.

Depo tails from them? 300. Online? 100.

DDM slim HID kit Tunerworks, 225, Online- 65

:rolleyes:

97'Scort
08-04-2009, 09:48 AM
Eh, maybe some of that crap is different. But when I was shopping for suspension stuff, they were within $20 of the US guys on my H&R kit, rear shock mounts, plus all the other stuff I got from them.

Bimmer88
08-23-2009, 02:08 AM
Tischer BMW, ASPTuning, Bavtoys, Bavauto, Pelican Parts... you name it... pretty much any of those places have what your looking for.