PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Top Dog
08-23-2009, 12:52 AM
Hi, I have just joined your forum and I would like to introduce myelf:

My name is Bob, and I have been using the handle "Top Dog" since my wife and I adopted two Golden Retriever X Border Collies in Feb. '07. They are brother and sister from the same litter from a Golden Retriever Mom and a Border Collie Dad. I got the inspiration from Cesar Milan, the Dog Whisperer, because one of the things he stresses is that you can never let your dog(s) forget who is the leader of the pack.

I love vehicles.

I love looking at vehicles, I love reading about vehicles, I love finding out about vehicles which are unique or special in some way, I love shopping for vehicles (at one point not too long ago, I had 5 vehicles licensed and insured at the same time), I love driving vehicles that are fun to drive.

And I love BMW's.

For a little over a year, I have been thinking of ways to retire from working as an Engineer in the oil patch after doing it for 34 years ( 21+ years as an independent contractor). Last November, I decided to start a one - man car dealership. So I got a business permit from the MD (we live on an acreage SE of Chestermere), I got my dealership and salesman licenses from AMVIC, I got my ADESA auction access and I got dealer insurance and a dealer plate. I was ready to go by mid-March. So far, so good. All I needed to do was start buying and selling vehicles. Or so I thought.

But then I noticed that the majority of vehicles at ADESA are former rental vehicles, off-lease and repo's, in other words, vehicles that the franchise dealers didn't want - the discards. OK, welcome to the real world!

I apologize for being so long winded, but I just wanted everybody to know exactly where I am coming from. I look forward to meeting all of you forum members.

I have two more posts to make, then I gotta go to bed, so I'll "see" you tomorrow!

Cheers!
Bob

Isaiah
08-23-2009, 12:57 AM
Welcome. You seem to know cars and punctuation; you'll fit in nicely. Good luck with your business venture.

AE92_TreunoSC
08-23-2009, 01:07 AM
I've been thinking about getting my sales license to go with my boss, or a dealer to the auctions, its touch and go with adesa, but because I'm a mechanic I have no fears of any car that isn't a write off, or that isn't held together by duct tape.

Let us know how those 2 cars turn out.

Top Dog
08-23-2009, 02:46 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Top Dog
08-23-2009, 04:16 AM
I neglected to mention that the work on the X5 includes a new alternator belt (necessary, but not too pricey) and PS hose (pricey, but necessary - already leaking slightly).

Just in case the total price sounded too high.

G-ZUS
08-23-2009, 10:05 AM
Check PM Top Dog

Top Dog
08-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Reply sent, thanks.

Team_Mclaren
08-23-2009, 11:33 PM
OP:

Just because you stressed that you are not promoting, your posts contradicted that. Please post responsibly

scat19
08-24-2009, 07:52 AM
This is a confusing intro.

Hi? Why BMW section?

Top Dog
09-03-2009, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
OP:

Just because you stressed that you are not promoting, your posts contradicted that. Please post responsibly

I have gotten off to a really bad start, and for that I apologize. I got carried away by my enthusiasm for the vehicle but that's no excuse.

I was away for just over a week and since I got back, have been too busy to visit the forum.

Something happened today which may sink my plans before I even sell my first vehicle, but at least I will have lived a little part of a dream for a month or so.

I guess I'm not a "real BMW owner" to those of who are, but if I survive, I hope you will tolerate the occasional question or perhaps observation, from an outsider.

Top Dog
09-03-2009, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by scat19
This is a confusing intro.

Hi? Why BMW section?

Just because my first two vehicles in inventory were BMW's. This seemed like a good place to get information and advice.