PDA

View Full Version : Aem Ems

HHURICANE1
10-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Kind of a weird question but I've never seen it asked before but if you have an EMS does it still output data to the diagnostic connector (1G)? Would it still flag the check engine light? I have a Pocketlogger and it would be a shame to loose its functionality. Sometimes it would be handier than hauling a laptop around to log. I don't have the EMS yet (it's on the way) but I'm just curious. BTW it's for my '90 Laser.

Primer_Drift
10-08-2009, 11:17 AM
AEM EMS has a built in logging function, making the pocketlogger redundant no? AFAIK though, the OBD0/1 style diagnostic connector is essentially useless with an AEM EMS.

The check engine light output is considered a programmable output and can be used for a warning light, shift light etc...

blackpeople
10-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Thats a really good question. I have an aem and i have wondered that before but it has always slipped my mind. If you dont end up getting an answer here you can always go on the aem forums and there is a section specificaly for dsm's where the guru's will fill you in.

HHURICANE1
10-08-2009, 12:51 PM
^^Yes it has built in logging but the palm is easier to look at while driving than a laptop and I already have the palm and cable.

^I have posted this question on the AEM forum as well but haven't gotten an answer yet. I know some people here have the AEM so I was hopping someone here knew.