PDA

View Full Version : How to fix on Blackberry: Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

Karim316
12-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Does anyone know how to fix this problem on a blackberry? I am locked out of my messeges and BBM and when I try to use them this messege "Uncaugh exception:java.lang.NullPointerException" pops up. I've tried everything on the support forums online such as:
- reinstalling the OS
- removing the address book from sychronization
- removing all 3rd party applications
- removing the battery while the phone is turned on

Anyone have this happen before? I've been through dozens of sites and unable to find a solution.

BTW, I transferred my old 8320 to the new 8520 and thats when I started getting the problem

03ozwhip
12-13-2009, 04:09 PM
here you go....

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04469&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_SUPPORTISSUE_1_1&dialogID=239092394&stateId=0%200%20239084854

Karim316
12-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
here you go....

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04469&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_SUPPORTISSUE_1_1&dialogID=239092394&stateId=0%200%20239084854

Did that, thats the first site I tried, thats what the 2 point was. Couldn't find any corrupt applications in Address Book, Calender

Karim316
12-13-2009, 04:26 PM
This is the problem according to that link:

Overview
When attempting to access a corrupt contact list database on the BlackBerry smartphone, the following error message appears:

Uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException

Cause
The BlackBerry® Device Software or software application component has failed, or there is corrupt data from a wired or wireless synchronization.

Resolution
Isolate the corrupt data by turning on advanced logging for Intellisync®. (aka: Synchronization on newer BDM)

Turn on advanced logging for Intellisync.
Once the corrupt data entry has been isolated, delete it from the desktop email client and the BlackBerry smartphone.
Synchronize again.

Workaround
Clear the contact list database on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
Click Backup and Restore, and then select Advanced.
From the Device Databases list, select Address Book, and then click Clear.
Return to the BlackBerry Desktop Manager window.
Synchronize the contact list with the correct translator in Intellisync.

However, that did not work