Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Home Automotive Forums > Beyond.ca - Car Forums Archive > Lounge > Real Estate / Finance

What are your utility bills on a townhouse - Click HERE for Original Thread

Cos
we are looking at buying a townhouse. We dont have a clue what a 1000 sq foot townhouse would run.

Assume we pay for electricity, gas, and water/sewer. What are the monthly payments on stuff like this?
ExtraSlow
Well, my gas, water, sewer, electricity, and the city waste and recycling charges add up to between $160 and $230 per month. This is on a semi-detached (half duplex) that's about 1800 sq foot.
I'd assume yours would be 20-30% less.
Cos
^^ awesome, thanks I was budgeting 300 a month so that is nice.
max_boost
$300 is more than enough.

In the winter the Enmax bill is around $120-$150 and Direct Energy is $90 for one of my rentals which is a 1000sq.ft 2storey townhouse. In the summer the gas bill is like $30 and electrical is around $100 depending on usage.l
Kloubek
300 is indeed more than enough. I was stupid and signed a contract with Alberta Energy Savings, so I'm paying THREE TIMES the price for gas as the current floating regulated rate is.

And my bils still total well under 300.
88CRX
Just got my last months bills..... $135 direct energy and $104 Enmax. And that's by far the highest I've ever had.
Thaco
yeah, mins an average of $200/mo, but condo fees pay for water and sewage
TC2002
My townhouse is 1100 sq. ft. and my utilities are approx. $180. Keep in mind, I live on my own. When I had a roommate, I was at around $200-$250 per month.
Swank
My Enmax electiricty averages $60, Direct Energy gas about $80, and water/sewage are part of my rediculous condo fees of $340.
Cos
awesome thanks guys. Just trying to figure out how high in price I want to go. Oddly I am not one to peg my maximum. From what I hear that is the exception and not the rule.

I will be living with my fiance but she doesnt bring in any money because she is in uni, so it will be like I live on my own.

I am finding some of the places make you pay water/sewage but some dont. Most of the townhouse fees I am finding (coventry etc) are just shy of $200/mo.
Lagerstatten.ca
I'm in the same boat at Cos, where I just purchased a townhouse condo out in Chestermere.

The place won't be done until March, 2010 but I want to find out how much utilities will cost per month on a two storey 1200sqft townhouse.

Should I go fixed rate or floating?

Anyone with experience with 3WEB/CIA service out in Chestermere? $40/month for internet/phone is sort of hard to beat.

Thanks in advance for the info!

-Thinh

Do you want to post a reply? This is a car forums archive, to participate in daily discussions on cars, visit our forums website and register today! Its free.

For the latest automotive news, visit the car blog