PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever rent with Mainstreet Equity Corp?

Kobe
04-06-2010, 03:45 PM
I found a couple places I like from http://www.mainst.biz/ but from my passed horrible experience with Boardwalk, I would like to get some details from anyone that has rented with Mainst..

Good and Bad feedback about the company is appreciated!

89coupe
04-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Why don't you take all your poker winnings and use it towards a down payment on a place.

spikerS
04-06-2010, 04:21 PM
mainstreet sucks balls.

we lived in a nice apartment building for 3.5 years, and then mainstreet bought it out. we stayed until our lease was up and left.

Building supers are anal, things don't get fixed, or take forever to get fixed. It seemed to us that they buy a building, invest nothing into it, run it down, then sell it.

I won't move into another mainstreet owned building again.

G
04-06-2010, 04:48 PM
I'd be surprised if anyone has anything good to say about a landlord.

Kobe
04-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
Why don't you take all your poker winnings and use it towards a down payment on a place.

Not that easy getting a mortgage on a poker income...

Originally posted by spikers
mainstreet sucks balls.

we lived in a nice apartment building for 3.5 years, and then mainstreet bought it out. we stayed until our lease was up and left.

Building supers are anal, things don't get fixed, or take forever to get fixed. It seemed to us that they buy a building, invest nothing into it, run it down, then sell it.

I won't move into another mainstreet owned building again.

Thanks for the insight, I feel skeptical about renting with a larger company, becuase of crap like that..

Originally posted by G
I'd be surprised if anyone has anything good to say about a landlord.

Maybe true, but my Landlord in my Panorama Court Building right now is great, I have had zero issues with the place and would still be here but I need to find a 1 bedroom, having a room mate sucks while playing poker. Even thought I am pretty good friends with him, even since we are seperating...

ee2k
04-06-2010, 10:12 PM
I also wanted to rent from mainstreet, having seen their website a few times for months leading to my last lease's expiration. I was disappointed after having toured 3 or 4 of their suites in as many buildings. The website and the buildings' exteriors are in somewhat pristine condition, the interior was not. Perhaps there were high expectations set, and what was shown did not match.

NotImportant
07-17-2013, 01:31 PM
Mainstreet anywhere is horrible. We have been renting from them for only 6 months and it's been a nightmare. They didn't tell us when we moved in that we had bedbugs. When we reported a waterfall in the basement all we got was an 'uh huh'. There is no insulation in the walls so we can hear the neighbors very clearly (sex, toilet flush, etc). We are trying to get a transfer and no one knows what they are doing. No one will call us back and now after a month of being told we were accepted for a 2bdrm apartment, we have a bachelor suite that is waiting for our application.

The list goes on and on and on.
NIGHTMARE!

DON'T RENT FROM THEM!

Hallowed_point
07-17-2013, 03:00 PM
Don't do it man..they (Mainstreet) tried to charge my gf $800.00+ because she apparently didn't clean the blinds and sweep up some crumbs under the oven after she moved out :guns: