PDA

View Full Version : Mud flaps for WRX

jsn
05-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Is there anywhere in calgary where I can get a set of mudflaps? The Rally Armor URs are fairly expensive and will probably be my last resort if I can't find any locally. Is there anywhere locally where I can pick up a set of mud flaps for a 04 wrx, that are fairly durable?

Has anyone tried the Rally armor classics? Does anyone know how they hold up in the winter? I heard they aren't very flexible so I'm worried they'll crack once winter hits.

Thanks

CivicDXR
05-01-2010, 04:59 PM
I'm on the normal RA's and they are fine, I didn't like the flappiness of the UR ones because they just look funny when they flap around while driving at higher speeds.

Only trade off is that the normals ones are stiffer, and if you're lowered, they they will scrape things (curbs/speedbumps) as where the URs just flap over them.

jsn
05-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Yea I heard they were stiffer, that was my main concern. I did some googling, and I heard that alot of people have problems with speed bumps even at stock height. Have you had any problems with scraping and damage to your Classic RA's? I'm not so much worried about scraping, but have they ever been damaged by speed bumps? My car is stock height.

CivicDXR
05-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Mine scrape cause I'm lowered, but as for damage, not really much. They are stiff, but not to they point where they don't move. They do what they are intended to do, keep dirt and rocks off the side of my car, so if they get damaged, its better those than the car...

jsn
05-01-2010, 05:29 PM
I don't mind if it gets scratched up. I just want it for the same reason you have yours, keep dirt off the side of my car. I was just worried about having them freeze in the winter and then cracking if I go over a speed bump or something small. I might go with the classics then, since you don't seem to have any problems with them