PDA

View Full Version : Boost Leak Tester

Civicnati0n
06-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Does anyone have any sort of system to test charge piping for leaks? If you do and want to either test my system for me for a fee or rent it for a day or something let me know.
Thanks

sr20s14zenki
06-18-2010, 07:00 PM
If you go to home depot, you can find the right stuff in PVC as far as the size thatll fit into your couplers. Then you get a few adapters to adapt to your air line out of mild steel.

i bought all the parts and it ended up being 14$, but i havent assembled them yet haha.

Civicnati0n
06-18-2010, 11:13 PM
Found a boost leak tester going to run it tomorrow.

Civicnati0n
06-18-2010, 11:16 PM
Deleted. See next post please :dunno:

Civicnati0n
06-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Ran a boost leak tester, found about 5 leaks.
The only one I'm unsure of is this one:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c123/anal_scrubber/Picture050-1.jpg

You can see the hose that is open coming up off that canister on the firewall. Why does this leak so much boost and is it ok to plug it up?

One leak is off the piping that connects to the turbo air outlet and sprays pretty hard, im going to remove the gasket and put some of that RTV gasket stuff on it. Next leak I found was the TPS, this one sprays pretty hard, going to try replacing the gasket and tightening it down... Someone said it could be cause from bad throttle body shaft seals?
Next leaks I found were adaptors on my vacuum bar, I already fixed these with teflon tape.
Just need to know if its ok to plug that one hose that is open in the picture? Also about the tps leak if anyone knows.
Thanks for any help!

sr20s14zenki
06-20-2010, 11:17 AM
charcoal cannister, delete the sucker.

Civicnati0n
06-20-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
charcoal cannister, delete the sucker.

Thank you! Got rid of it, capped the throttle body vacuum line, and left the fuel vent line open. All thats left now is the TPS (hopefully just the gasket thats leaking), and the gasket between the turbo outlet and charge piping, not sure why this is leaking its almost like the gasket is too thin...im almost positive I got the OEM gasket. I'm just going to put some high temp gasket maker on it and redo the boost test this week after its dry.

Civicnati0n
06-22-2010, 01:35 PM
Turns out Honda doesn't sell the TPS gasket or sensor without buying the whole throttle body :banghead:

Just going to make a gasket out of that cork shit and try and recalibrate the sensor.