Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Home Automotive Forums > Beyond.ca - Car Forums Archive > Car Forums > Motorsports

American racing rookie drives the Audi TDI prototype at LeMans... - Click HERE for Original Thread

Sykes
The interesting thing is that he started racing only 4 years ago at the age of 44!

Last week, at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, a rookie from Leawood, Kansas made history. Scott Tucker was the first American allowed to race one of Audi's multimillion-dollar, 200-mph diesel prototypes. Amazingly, he was fast.

Scott Tucker started racing in 2006 at the age of 44. He had never driven a race car before, and he had never even seen a race track. This year, for the first time ever, Audi let an American let Tucker drive one of its 200-mph R10 diesel prototypes at the world's greatest road race. He jumped into one of the most complex and expensive racing cars in existence, at one of the longest and most grueling races on earth. Despite having no experience with either, he did damn well.

How well? If trackside gossip is true, one of the pro drivers on Tucker's team a French veteran brought on to drive fast and not hurt the car crashed twice while trying to match Tucker's lap times. Feathers were ruffled.

Read the rest here at jalopnik.com

PremiumRSX
Wow, this guy has some amazing hidden talent...
topsecret
The force is strong with this one.
911fever
:eek: pretty insane laptime
mithunsingh
Wow, Looking good, audi is dream for me, NOw i don't know drive the car.
RecoilS14
This is a perfect example of "You're never too old.", kudos to Tucker.

Now, can I be next?? :)
rage2
Originally posted by RecoilS14
Now, can I be next?? :)

If you can fund yourself a racing career, sure!

almerick
Wow that's amazing
sillysod
beautiful car :drool: germans make awesome diesels!!

Do you want to post a reply? This is a car forums archive, to participate in daily discussions on cars, visit our forums website and register today! Its free.

For the latest automotive news, visit the car blog