PDA

View Full Version : Alberta toddler dies after daycare assault

G-Suede
07-21-2010, 11:28 AM
CBC News
An 18-month-old girl has died in a Calgary hospital from head injuries police believe she suffered at a private home daycare in Medicine Hat, Alta., officials said Wednesday.

The toddler was airlifted to the Alberta Children's Hospital on Monday in critical condition.

She died early Wednesday morning, Medicine Hat police said.

The 23-year-old owner of the day home was already facing charges of aggravated assault and failing to provide the necessities of life.

But those charges will likely be elevated once an autopsy has been completed, police said.

The major crimes section of the Medicine Hat police continues to investigate. The home daycare, which was only caring for the one child, is closed.

This really turns my stomach. I pray the cunt that hurt this poor little kid is disposed of in horrific, excruciating, and degrading fashion.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/2010/07/21/calgary-medicine-hat-daycare-child-assault-dead.html?ref=rss

masoncgy
07-21-2010, 11:29 AM
I agree... these kinds of stories just make the blood boil... all while making me want to puke.

Disgusting. :thumbsdow

Twin_Cam_Turbo
07-21-2010, 11:31 AM
RIP Little One :(

revelations
07-21-2010, 11:32 AM
What a sad story.

I wonder what the history of the day care/person is like, I dont think someone would do something like this without a past record of some kind.

I'm sure it will all go through careful scrutiny though.

adam c
07-21-2010, 11:33 AM
RIP, i have a 14mo daughter can't imagine the feeling of losing her

lets hope the trial isn't in Calgary or she will probably get probation

syeve
07-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by G-Suede

I pray the cunt that hurt this poor little kid is disposed of in horrific, excruciating, and degrading fashion.

The natives up in Panoka will have a field day with her.

SilverGS
07-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Sickening.

Are there rules to who can open a daycare? Seems like anyone can just open a daycare.

CUG
07-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Time for a Daycare boot-fuck in med-hat.

freshprince1
07-21-2010, 11:58 AM

I pray the cunt that hurt this poor little kid is disposed of in horrific, excruciating, and degrading fashion.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/2010/07/21/calgary-medicine-hat-daycare-child-assault-dead.html?ref=rss

QFT.

abyss
07-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by SilverGS
Sickening.

Are there rules to who can open a daycare? Seems like anyone can just open a daycare.

No, there are no rules on who can operate a day home in Alberta (just rules on the amount of children you're allowed etc.). Anyone can open an unlicensed day home (unless you have a prior conviction and are ordered to stay away from children etc.) "Daycare centers" are different and are licenced and regulated, however, these things still happen frequently there too. Unfortunately, there's no 100% guaranteed safe place to put your child. Makes me INCREDIBLY thankful I have the opportunity to stay home with my son.

My heart breaks for this family. As I ran a day home for a year I can't even imagine the pain that family is going through nor can I ever fathom hurting a child in my care.

RIP little one.

sexualbanana
07-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Definitely unfortunate.

I wonder what the circumstances were that made it aggravated assault, though? This is definitely a few steps beyond random injury and/or negligent behaviour

Sugarphreak
07-21-2010, 02:42 PM

masoncgy
07-21-2010, 02:43 PM
The problem with licensed/accredited day homes is that you still never know who is working there... even with all the checks in place...

...just as a private, unlicensed home could provide amazing care.

Ugh... I'm just glad our little girl is being cared for by her aunt, who already raised two sons on her own (now in their 20s)... it's just a great situation for all involved.

kvg
07-21-2010, 03:35 PM
yesterday she was to be charged with aggravated assault.
How do you get aggravated assault when a grown person beats a child!:facepalm: Now the childs dead.:bullshit:

ekguy
07-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Shit like this happens to kids and people have something against me and my gf not ever wanting kids...Sure seems like a wonderful world to me, where oil spills threaten whole ecosystems, kids aren't safe in daycare, and a bunch of stupid religious psychos all over the world...yeah...

masoncgy
07-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by kvg
yesterday she was to be charged with aggravated assault.

It will be upgraded once the autopsy is complete, based on those results.

heinz256
07-21-2010, 06:05 PM
The accused

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/ejackman37?ref=search

CUG
07-21-2010, 06:09 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs625.ash1/27418_638206205_3885_n.jpg

With a forehead like that, you know she's a criminal...head-butting her way through life.

G-Suede
07-21-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by heinz256
The accused

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/ejackman37?ref=search

Source?

kvg
07-21-2010, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by CUG
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs625.ash1/27418_638206205_3885_n.jpg

With a forehead like that, you know she's a criminal...head-butting her way through life.

Thats not a forehead its more like a 7 head!:barf:

03ozwhip
07-21-2010, 06:45 PM
this is obviously the #1 reason i dont want to put my kid in a day home but these days, both parents usually need to work to live a decent life. thankfully i have a friend that is going to take care of mine.

spike98
07-21-2010, 07:28 PM

Source?

x2

I live in the hat and even i havent heard a name.

heinz256
07-21-2010, 07:30 PM

Source?

Watched it on global news. They had the same FB pic up too

spike98
07-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by heinz256

Watched it on global news. They had the same FB pic up too

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Alberta+toddler+dies+daycare+worker+faces+charges/3304884/story.html

CALGARY — The Alberta government launched an investigation into day homes Wednesday after an 18-month-old child from Medicine Hat, Alta., died as a result of head injuries. Her home day-care worker has been charged with aggravated assault and failure to provide necessities of life.

The toddler was airlifted to Alberta Children's Hospital in Calgary Tuesday. With the child's death, police say those charges may be upgraded to manslaughter.

Global News identified the day-home operator as Erin Jackman, 23, and mother of two young children. However police in Medicine Hat would not confirm that, saying the worker's name will not be released until the charges are formalized before a judge, likely by early next week.

"Now that the child has passed away, we have to wait until the investigation is complete, including seeing the report of the medical examiner," said Sgt. Stacey Fishley.

In the meantime, the worker was released provided she obey several conditions, including one to stay away from the family of the victim.

The day home had been accredited by the province. It was overseen by an agency called the Children's Corner Child Care Centre, according to Yvonne Fritz, the minister of children and youth services.

That agency oversees 120 children in 30 other day homes. The province has contracted services through Children's Corner for the last 16 years and Fritz said her ministry knew of no previous problems.

A spokesperson for the centre said it is working with police to aid the investigation.

"I can tell you I'm very saddened by this situation and my thoughts and prayers are with the family of this little girl," said Fritz. "We have launched an investigation and the findings will be made public. If those findings show that there's any need for changes in regard to day homes, those changes will be made immediately."

Fritz said she expected the results of the investigation to be released within three weeks.

Unlike day cares, day homes are private residences that can care for up to six children, including the owner's own. The government contracts for day homes with agencies, which then recruit and train people.

The agencies are responsible for ensuring their day home workers meet provincial standards, which include passing a background check, maintaining a safe environment and undergoing some training.

"Day homes have been regulated for 30 years and we have 2,800 approved," Fritz said. "We're not aware of any other incidents of this sort at all in recent memory."

Some day homes operate independent of an agency.

The death has horrified those in the child care industry, and raised concerns about the system.

"I would definitely expect out of the investigation to see some information like what level of certification that day home operator had. Whether she had prior experience, how long she had been in field, if she had passed police checks," said Nikki Grunwald, the owner of the Rainbow Day care in nearby Redcliff, Alta.

"All of those things are mandated. We're all left wondering how that could have happened."

She said the regulations in place are adequate, as long as they're being followed.

Traudi Kelm, the president of the Day Care Society of Alberta said day cares undergo far more stringent regulation than day homes.

"It's considerably stronger than in a day home," she said. Also, in a day care, "there are a lot of eyes watching what's going on. In a day home, there is only one person."

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Alberta+toddler+dies+daycare+worker+faces+charges/3304884/story.html#ixzz0uN4Sh53H

Freeskier
07-21-2010, 07:41 PM
This kind of case is where I completely support an anal fisting by the justice system.

Kritafo
07-21-2010, 09:47 PM
RIP to the toddler all the best to the family that has to move forward from this

Commanderwiggin
07-21-2010, 10:01 PM
This is one of those events that calls for a good ol public stoning...like back in the day when these problems were dealt with accordingly and effectively.

dawinder
07-21-2010, 10:08 PM
RIP little one :(

Melinda
07-21-2010, 10:43 PM
Absolutely terrible, my heart is breaking for this whole family. I can't shake it from my head what that poor little one was probably feeling and thinking through all of this. My little man is the same age as this little girl, I just can't imagine. Completely tragic. RIP little one, and all the condolances in the world to the family left behind to suffer through this.

broken_legs
07-21-2010, 10:56 PM
Well she's obviously an unfit mother if the story is true.

I really hope there is a father in the picture to look after her children. Sad that 2 more lives will be tragically altered because of this.

Canucks3322
07-21-2010, 11:04 PM
http://www.facebook.com/ejackman37?ref=search

Wow, she is gonna get a lot of hate mail right now lol...same pic as they showed on the news.....:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

01RedDX
07-21-2010, 11:05 PM

G-Suede
07-21-2010, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Fivehead cunt will get 5 years for manslaughter and serve less than a year.
Perhaps some less than forgiving soul will do us a favor and strangle the last dying breath from her. I'm sure there will be no shortage of volunteers. Pathetic hooker.

http://i30.tinypic.com/3089m2u.jpg

calgarydub
07-22-2010, 12:06 AM
http://www.memorystrategy.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/dexter.jpg

Type_S1
07-22-2010, 12:21 AM
I wish they would make an example of this stupid bitch

JustGo
07-22-2010, 02:09 PM
I had the unpleasant task of sitting with this child in her final moments. Very tragic.

RIP

SilverGS
07-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by JustGo
I had the unpleasant task of sitting with this child in her final moments. Very tragic.

RIP

Oh man that's rough. I can't even imagine what that is like. I can barely stand it just reading about it.

SJW
07-22-2010, 02:15 PM
I have 4 clips for my .45 1911. I'd empty them all into her.

G-Suede
07-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by JustGo

RIP
Unpleasant, yes. I would consider it an honor to stand watch.

heinz256
07-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Charges upgraded today to manslaughter

RecoilS14
07-26-2010, 06:40 PM
My heart goes out to the family of this departed young one.
Unfortunately for the young woman who made this grave mistake, she will never understand the pain she caused to this family because her two children will grow up and the young one who died will not.

I'm usually an eye for eye kinda guy, but in this case two wrong don't make a right. I hope this woman sits in prison everyday knowing she destroyed a family, and that she cries everyday for the child
she stole from that family.

G-Suede
07-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by RecoilS14
Unfortunately for the young woman who made this grave mistake...

I'm usually an eye for eye kinda guy, but in this case two wrong don't make a right.

Mistake??? Get a fucking grip. She deserves to be skewered and hung out to dry.

spike98
07-28-2010, 08:44 AM
FYI

The results of the autopsy was released today. The cause of death is suspected to be blunt force trauma to the head.

Charges upgraded to manslaughter.

I wanna see this bitch hung.

EDIT:

Facebook Group for the Toddler

www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=138957236126524

Apparently the parents cant even afford a proper burial.....ehem beyond....donate!

adam c
07-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Upgrade it to 2nd degree murder, I'll try and donate later since FB is blocked at work

spike98
07-28-2010, 09:44 AM
The problem with 2nd is that it is on the onus of the crown to prove that the woman intended to kill the child when the assult took place.

Its obvious to someone with common sense is that when you harm a fragile child its assumed that death can come about quite easily but unfortunatly assumptions dont make convictions.

I think manslaughter is the best they can do. Average jail term for such a charge in canada is 7-14 years.

Fortunatly, one day is all she will need to get some prison justice. Killing a toddler then being housed in a womans prison that is mostlikely full of mothers, hopefully will provide a fitting end to this fucking coward.

adam c
07-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by spike98

I think manslaughter is the best they can do. Average jail term for such a charge in canada is 7-14 years.

Lucky if she even see's half that term