PDA

View Full Version : MK4 VR6 Turbo build help

94_S14
09-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Hey guys, so we have had his build put on hold for a long time. And only until now have we started really being able to rout some stuff properlly.

Now I am looking for some help with reference to any online builds you guys might know of, or any work some of you have done.

We have had larger injectors installed, new maf, tuned ECU and have a manifold installed, we clocked the turbo by 180 degress to help run our intercooler piping a little better.

My questions specifically are:
-does anyone have any tips to running the FMIC piping

-where should we source the oil for the turbo? and where are we sending it to afterwards?we have a sadwich plate for the oil filter but this does not seem practical

-any tips on re-routing the coolant resevoir and windsheild washer fluid resevoir?

thanks guys!

Mr_ET
09-09-2010, 02:29 PM
agtronic motorsports, he builds custom turbo kits and should be able to answer your questions. With that said he is very busy and it won't really be worth it for him to answer questions so he may or may not reply.

In any case google is your friend as well as any VW forums the internet has to offer.

Good luck:thumbsup:

93VR6
09-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Would love to see this when it's done <3 the vr6.

As far as piping goes I assume it would be easy to source a used set from the internet as many people on vw forums have doen this before.

Oil sandwhich is a perfectly reasonable way to get an oil feed to the turbo, as for the drain line I'm not 100% sure but I think you will need to drill and tap the oil pan, make sure you do this in a place that is above the oil level when it is filled up or you will have a backlog in the drainline and ruin your turbos seals.

I have seen the washer fluid relocated to infront of one of the tires in the space between the wheel well and the fron of the car (also a good place for meth if you wanna get crazy). I am not sure about coolant though since I belive the height of the resivoir needs to be within a certain height of the radiator.

Good luch with your build and sign up at vwvortex, they know all

94_S14
09-11-2010, 08:11 PM
^^ Thanks alot for the posts gents.

We have a large array of piping so far and have a good idea of what we may do. which is essentially run the piping from the turbo, down and between the downpipe and block, then behind the radiator, then infront of it to the intercooler, then up to the intake.

were looking at the second option which is cut into the area bellow the washer fluid tank, tacking a pipe to the subframe next to the engine and its pullys, and run it to the fmic and back up to the intake manifold.

:S

Shax
09-11-2010, 09:22 PM
I don't know if I am aloud to post other forum links but Vortex has a ton of good stuff just take a look. In the VW world it's usually called a "Vrt" so search for that.

Vrt Vortex (http://forums.vwvortex.com/search.php?searchid=2286673)

R-Audi
09-12-2010, 10:52 AM
You are better off trying a VW based forum.. locally there are lots. Eurodrivers, clubvee dub etc.l