PDA

View Full Version : canada goose jackets

rob the knob
12-17-2010, 09:58 AM
these are very popular recently

do you wear one? what kind? jacket or parka?

http://www.thetannery.com/ProductImages/canadagoose_7952m_yorkville_lrg.jpg

where did you buy yours?

msommers
12-17-2010, 10:05 AM
I think I've seen those at Atmosphere, a small outdoor store across from MEC downtown.

If it is the same jacket, they are VERY expensive -- I believe around 700-800 if I recall. Personally, the cost doesn't warrant it when you can go across the street and get something just as good for less.

To each their own.

austic
12-17-2010, 10:06 AM
they sell them at Harry Rosen, great jackets just pretty expensive

almerick
12-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Yes, Chilliwack Bomber, Parka, would have opted out of fur though. Forgot which model has the removable fur.

Bought at Henry last year for about $500.

I know Abominable carries the vests so maybe they carry the jackets as well? But many retailers are sold out.

I believe there is lifetime warranty for any manufacture defects as well.

poison
12-17-2010, 10:13 AM
got a black yorkville for 5 bills at brooklyn last year

l/l/rX
12-17-2010, 10:25 AM
i bought the ladies version of the one pictured...differences? Mens has the snap buttons where as the the ladies has just buttons that pull through. Also another difference, ladies fits me A LOT better than a mens small does.

$360 @ Costco :D

Machi
12-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Spotted some of these at Costco ranging from $300-600 if I remember correctly...

Neil4Speed
12-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Its funny Costco has supplies I believe in certain locations, and my friend at Holts told me that the Womens shipment has got majorly delayed and he has a wait list of over 100.

One of those "fad items" that is actually pretty functional and well made - I think they are actually pretty well worth the price given how often it will get use in Calgary.

rob the knob
12-17-2010, 11:08 AM
womens is nice in bomber

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3236/canadagoosewomenschilli.jpg

l/l/rX
12-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
One of those "fad items" that is actually pretty functional and well made - I think they are actually pretty well worth the price given how often it will get use in Calgary.

This is why I could justify spending soo much on a jacket. It would be used to its fullest and a lot. It is such a warm jacket, I can wear a t-shirt underneathe in weather such as today and be hella warm still! I honestly don't know how I survived with my previous winter jackets. :confused:

syeve
12-17-2010, 11:20 AM
I have heard nothing but good reviews on them, I think they even have a -50 degree C version for the hardcores. I believe the fur is coyote? I could be full of shit though.

codetrap
12-17-2010, 11:21 AM
There was a great news article about these this morning on Global. Apparently there's a ton of fakes floating around that don't have a lick of goose down in them. They're using other fibres.. knowing the cheapo chinese knockoffs, probably asbestos.

almerick
12-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by syeve
I have heard nothing but good reviews on them, I think they even have a -50 degree C version for the hardcores. I believe the fur is coyote? I could be full of shit though.

Nope you are correct.

Even these guys wore them in ARCTIC conditions
http://carsprobono.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/tg-polar-special.jpg

syeve
12-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by almerick

Nope you are correct.

I am usually 100% right like 40% of the time.

know1edge
12-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Yes, Chilliwack Bomber, Parka, would have opted out of fur though. Forgot which model has the removable fur.

Bought at Henry last year for about $500.

It's the yorkville that has the removable hood. I've had mine for a few years now. For $400, probably one of the best purchases I've made. I just wish it wasn't so puffy, and I got the chilliwack instead :(

Henry, Holt renfrew, and harry rosen all carry the jackets as far as I know. A multitude of other stores also have accessories

revelations
12-17-2010, 11:31 AM

Nope you are correct.

I cant believe hes using a knife while driving in those conditions.

It was for a gin and tonic drink I believe..... "we can drink and drive since we are not on a public road".... haha

Muji
12-17-2010, 11:41 AM
The Canada Goose type jackets are the best design, lasts for decades and really warm when needed. I had one in the 90's.

Love the UK press getting all over May and Co. for their Gin/Tonic:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1031496/Top-Gears-James-May-tells-BBC-Trust-sod-rapped-glamorising-drink-driving.html

Best episode ever of Top Gear! I want a Toyota truck just like the one they had.

Kritafo
12-17-2010, 01:31 PM
I hear Justin Trudeau maybe selling his...used of course.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/908909--fur-flies-over-trudeau-christmas-card?bn=1

Rstar
12-17-2010, 02:08 PM
I love how ridiculously happy Jeremy and James look in that pic.

Neil4Speed
12-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
There was a great news article about these this morning on Global. Apparently there's a ton of fakes floating around that don't have a lick of goose down in them. They're using other fibres.. knowing the cheapo chinese knockoffs, probably asbestos.

Oh yeah, definitely - good that you mentioned this. I wouldn't buy one from any place that wasn't an authorized dealer.

l/l/rX
12-17-2010, 03:45 PM
if anyone is interested http://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco-canada-goose-expedition-parka-459-99-a-958511/15/ just read that page about costco selling canada goose.

Costco is not an authorized Canada Goose retailer and we are unaware if the goods sold at Costco are authentic. Canada Goose vigorously supports its network of authorized retailers and product sold to and by them. We will not cover warranty claims on products purchased at Costco

BUT costco has a great return policy.

CaptainReboot
12-18-2010, 12:49 AM
I have the Chiliwack Bomber. I love the jacket. It's so warm. Well worth the price.

I got mine at Henry Singer, and the guy was telling me that they are basically sold out all across Canada in this style. Luckily they had one in my size left, and it's a colour that isn't widely available.

AutodreamFrank
12-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by revelations

I cant believe hes using a knife while driving in those conditions.

It was for a gin and tonic drink I believe..... "we can drink and drive since we are not on a public road".... haha

lemon in Gin & Tonic..... gross! lime ftw.

calgary403
12-18-2010, 06:31 PM
LOL

These were a big fad in Montreal two years ago. I remember I told my girlfriend "In a few years you'll see tons of trendy people wearing these in Calgary. Thinking they're up on the current trends."

rizfarmer
12-18-2010, 06:39 PM
ive had my goose bomber for probably 3-4 years now from Rosens. I actually don't where it that much because it's too warm which = me sweating

chkolny541
12-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by calgary403

These were a big fad in Montreal two years ago. I remember I told my girlfriend "In a few years you'll see tons of trendy people wearing these in Calgary. Thinking they're up on the current trends."

yea im sure

and on sept 10, 2001 i told my gf "one day some terrorists are going to make an attack on those dam americans, prolly in new york, on those twin towers they have there":rolleyes:

eb0i
12-18-2010, 06:54 PM
I have a Chilliwack Bomber that I got from Henry in the fall. Well worth the money. Damn warm coat. Get a Canada Goose and some warm winter boots and you are set for an extremely cold day!

I saw a few green bombers at Holt the other day, I think its made from Merino wool though and it was over 1000 :eek:

calgary403
12-18-2010, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by chkolny541

yea im sure

and on sept 10, 2001 i told my gf "one day some terrorists are going to make an attack on those dam americans, prolly in new york, on those twin towers they have there":rolleyes:

I'm not quite that psychic.

Montreal gets fashion 2+ years before we do here.

realazy
12-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by eb0i
I saw a few green bombers at Holt the other day, I think its made from Merino wool though and it was over 1000 :eek:

I saw these too, they were $1250 to be exact! :eek:

rizfarmer
12-18-2010, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by realazy

I saw these too, they were $1250 to be exact! :eek:

they are sick tho!

911fever
12-19-2010, 07:19 PM
These are sooo overplayed here already. Personally I prefer Parajumper over this anyways

nrt_vw
12-19-2010, 07:26 PM
they are incredibly warm. expensive as hell though.

Canadian 2.5RS
12-19-2010, 07:35 PM
It's so odd that when I was a kid growing up in the NWT we made fun of all of the kids/people who wore these. They were by no means popular or expensive (~$200-ish). Now they are the most popular jacket this season. My dad has been rocking the one in the TG picture for 20 years now.

Warmest jackets you can get though. They are good to at least -60. Been there done that!