PDA

View Full Version : My 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Limited mini build!

Pages : [1] 2

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-24-2010, 05:04 PM
I recently bought a 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Limited! My previous car was a 1992 Nissan 180SX I finally finished just 2 months ago when it was unfortunately hit, and I am still waiting to figure out whether it is getting fixed then I am selling it or if I am taking a cash payout and selling it as a perfect candidate for a front end swap.

So I am going to embark on what I'm going to call a slow and small mini build on my Legacy GT.

Here's a list of things that I plan on doing over the next year or so.

New timing Belt Kit (soon)
New waterpump (soon)
Polish the exterior (soon)
Upgraded clutch-unsure of brand yet
Upgraded injectors-unsure of brand yet
AVO top mount intercooler core
Blouch TD05H-16GXT journal bearing turbo.
Cobb Intake Kit with Induction Box
Turbo back exhaust-unsure of brand/parts but I do want to retain the catalytic converter
Cobb Accessport with a tune
Cobb/Tein/Eibach lowering springs
Some bigass mudflaps
18x8 5x100 +45 wheels-unsure what type yet
235/40/18 Dunlop Direzza D1 Star Specs

Here's a couple photos of the car when I picked it up last week:

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/ski1jump/Legacy.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/ski1jump/Legacy2.jpg

superboss
12-24-2010, 05:06 PM
:thumbsup: to the new build, :thumbsdow to the 180 gettin hit

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Yes I agree. I just finished the car before winter to how I pretty much wanted it and the day after I installed my last part bam someone backed into it in front of my parents house.

I guess its nice to have a 13 year newer car with AWD and winter tires now that has heated seats and a sunroof and stuff like that even if it does have nearly as many km on it.

That.Guy.S30
12-24-2010, 05:23 PM
IMHO the AVO intercooler is just overkill. It will sure look nice but I think a JDM STi intercooler will do. You can use the rest of that money for a muffler. Like the JDM STi Legacy peice.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Where can I buy a JDM STi intercooler, or would I have to buy one used? Will it mount up to the stock points, because that's mainly why I was looking at the AVO one.

The exhaust is probably going to be quite expensive unless I find some good deals online.

That.Guy.S30
12-24-2010, 05:44 PM
^ are you nasioc?
you can get them USED from importers. jdmsource might even have some. they will mount up to the stock units. You should even look into the TMIC spray like the 04-07 STi units. cool gimmick.

as for exhaust your looking at 1000 or under.

edit: theres a USDM STi intercooler for sale on WSC

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-24-2010, 05:47 PM
I will probably go with the TMIC spray as well, pretty easy to install. No I'm not on NASIOC I shall join up.

Where can I find a turbo back exhaust for $1000ish? Online cheapest half decent quality I have seen was about $800 plus shipping for a catback plus then I need the downpipe and any other pieces?

That.Guy.S30
12-24-2010, 06:04 PM
the AVo top mount is 800 bucks without shipping. A brand new Sti Unit will cost the same price.

A used one will much cheaper. if you do get the intercooler spray theres a SPec C resevere tank or the USDM tank.

To be honest, I've been out of the subaru game for a long time. might want to ask the guys on WSC or Nasioc.

For power, go with the downpipe first. mufflers dont do much.
as for options theres the JDM STI sport muffler (quad tips), STi genome, prodrive, fujitsubo, HKS.

some of the HKS mufflers can be had for under 1000.

jsn
12-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Nice car. I've always liked the Legacy GTs. Nice to see another subaru driver on the road. Are you on WSC yet?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Thanks and yes I am on WSC.

slinkie
12-24-2010, 08:38 PM
awwww yeeah

what's the biggest improvement over the s13? anything you miss?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Biggest improvement, that's a toughie. Its just so much more refined in every way. I like the interior a lot more, I like having heated seats, I like how much brighter the headlights are, I like having the practicality of 4 doors and a trunk (other vehicles in my family include my 1992 Nissan 180SX which isn't all that practical, a 2dr Jeep Cherokee which is kinda practical, a BMW 135i, which isn't all that practical, a BMW Z4M which is terrible but fun, and my dads track car which you have to climb over the sides cause the doors are fixed, no roof, mid engine two seater also not practical. I like the AWD but its not as much fun in the snow as good old RWD with a limited slip. I like having a tow hitch because I have a small trailer and ATV I can tow with either the Subaru or Jeep now. I like that the fuel economy is slightly better than my Nissan. 3rd through 5th gear at speed feels amazing, the car is much quieter, I fucking love having cruise control finally for the highway!

I don't like the feeling of the clutch in the Subaru though, I don't like the lower 6500RPM redline as compared to the 7500 redline in my Nissan, I don't like second gear in the Subaru but then again, I don't like second gear in my Nissan either. I don't like the reminder of doing the clutch and timing belt and spark plugs on it soon but it needs to be done so I will suck it up haha. I miss the power of my S13 but that will be fixed eventually, I miss being able to hear the turbo like on my S13 as well.

Overall I will probably be keeping this car for a long long time, I always kinda knew I wouldn't be keeping my Nissan for more than a few years, it was a car for my youth.

slinkie
12-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Congrats man I am surprised at the fuel economy compared to the s13. merry christmas

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-24-2010, 10:57 PM
Its only SLIGHTLY better than my S13 haha. Thanks man Merry Christmas to you too.

PD77
12-25-2010, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by That.Guy.S30
IMHO the AVO intercooler is just overkill. It will sure look nice but I think a JDM STi intercooler will do. You can use the rest of that money for a muffler. Like the JDM STi Legacy peice.

You do know that the Leggy setup is completely different from the STI right?

Didn't think so ;)

That.Guy.S30
12-25-2010, 01:49 AM
^ wow did i ever screw up on that one. its been awhile since my subaru days.

to do the FMIC you need the STi turbo, intercooler pipes, manifold and few more peices.

the 09+ wrx fit correct?

edit: Sorry OP. my bad

J-hop
12-25-2010, 02:21 AM
beautiful car, always liked those, IMO they are a lot classier than their brat sibling the sti :D (don't get me wrong I love Stis) . GL with the build. I know what you mean about 4 doors, I used to hate 4 door vehicles, until I bought my jetta and realized getting more than one other passenger into a car doesn't have to be an ordeal, and you don't have to feel like a contortionist every time you want to grab your backpack/sport bag from the back seat.

PD77
12-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by That.Guy.S30
^ wow did i ever screw up on that one. its been awhile since my subaru days.

to do the FMIC you need the STi turbo, intercooler pipes, manifold and few more peices.

the 09+ wrx fit correct?

edit: Sorry OP. my bad

Haha I don't know why Subaru went with 2 different routing configurations, when I was building my Legacy it was a royal pain as the parts were more expensive and hard to find.

You are correct though, parts from the 08+WRX will work which is awesome as there is a lot more available now and the prices have come way down.

Muji
12-25-2010, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by J-hop
beautiful car, always liked those, IMO they are a lot classier than their brat sibling the sti :D (don't get me wrong I love Stis) . GL with the build. I know what you mean about 4 doors, I used to hate 4 door vehicles, until I bought my jetta and realized getting more than one other passenger into a car doesn't have to be an ordeal, and you don't have to feel like a contortionist every time you want to grab your backpack/sport bag from the back seat.

I went with a four door long ago, tired of hoisting my grandparents out of the back seat of my two door BMW. I personally will not sit in the back of a two door car, feels like there is no emergency escape route. If you are getting a two door car, it might as well be a two seat car and be done with it.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-25-2010, 12:41 PM
The Legacy is by far our most practical vehicle lol. We have two 2 seat convertibles, two 2 door coupes, and a 2 door Jeep.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Went out today and spent $163 on 4L of 0W-30 Castrol, new wiper blades, 4L of 75W-90 Gear Oil, 1L of Dextron III, 4L of Distilled Water, 2L of DOT4 brake fluid and a chocolate bar haha. Tomorrow it's off to the dealer for an oil filter, timing belt kit pricing, and to find some spark plugs because I couldn't find any of the OEM ones at Canadian Tire.

PD77
12-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Don't bother going to the dealership unless you bring some lube with you...a lot of guys have been using Import Image down in the states for timing kits, maybe try there first?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Hot damn Import Image looks like a great website. Too bad they dont sell Timing Belt Kits with the pulleys but I can get them from other sites.

PD77
12-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
Hot damn Import Image looks like a great website. Too bad they dont sell Timing Belt Kits with the pulleys but I can get them from other sites.

He is really great to deal with...Josh is good to us WSC folk.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-26-2010, 08:00 PM
God you guys need to stop showing me websites with parts. I'm getting antsy as hell to buy stuff but I know I cant until I sell my Nissan and even then I need to ration my money until I finish this semester and start working full time haha.

PD77
12-26-2010, 09:19 PM
God you guys need to stop showing me websites with parts. I'm getting antsy as hell to buy stuff but I know I cant until I sell my Nissan and even then I need to ration my money until I finish this semester and start working full time haha.

Well since I don't have the Subaru anymore I have to build vicariously through someone haha!

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-26-2010, 09:31 PM
Haha then what are some parts/mods you suggest I look into? Im planning on competing in hopefully all the CSCC Auto X Events this year, Friday night Secret Street, and hopefully some lapping.

alloroc
12-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Jeff did post some good stuff ....

You will like this ,,,. . Even highways are so busy at night now I hardly ever use the high beams so I didn't purchase the HIR's but I do use the osram hypers they last about 2-3 years and are noticibly better than stock.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/164266/new-osram-hyper-and-toshiba-hir-headlight-bulbs-pics/

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Some old guy in a new 5.0L Mustang was trying to get me to race him today. Merging onto Deefoot he was about 1 car length ahead up to 110, must have been automatic haha. I have a contact who deals a lot with Rocket Rally in B.C. and he told me they recommend a turbo back exhaust and Cobb Accessport with a tune for the best bang for my buck.

Skyline_Addict
12-30-2010, 01:37 PM
I like it. This generation of Legacy seems to be alot nicer than the new one.

600rr
12-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Some old guy in a new 5.0L Mustang was trying to get me to race him today. Merging onto Deefoot he was about 1 car length ahead up to 110, must have been automatic haha. I have a contact who deals a lot with Rocket Rally in B.C. and he told me they recommend a turbo back exhaust and Cobb Accessport with a tune for the best bang for my buck.

Are you talking about Sunny? Why wouldnt you just get a protune with an eprom from sunny after a turbo back? Saves the money you would spend on an accessport. Unless you are getting a protune from sunny on that accessport, then it would be understandable. I would look into Airboy tuning and getting baseline power numbers and maybe a stage 1 tune to start. I heard it makes the car feel a whole lot smoother.

PD77
12-30-2010, 09:43 PM

As long as you plan on getting the AP Sunny tuned, but I would just get him to do his thang on his dyno with open source.

Trust me, you pay less than getting the AP and with much better results.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Im not sure who your talking about, but I will probably see if I can get it tuned at Rocket Rally when I head out to Whistler in February.

kvg
12-30-2010, 09:52 PM
Wouldn't you want to get it tuned in calgary for this altitude?

PD77
12-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Im not sure who your talking about, but I will probably see if I can get it tuned at Rocket Rally when I head out to Whistler in February.

Airboy=Sunny=one of the highest regarded Subaru tuners out there. He actually spent some time down in Squamish with Pat comparing notes so that should tell you how good he is at what he does.

Why drive all the way down there when you can get it done here for a much better price?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-30-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm going there for other business (skiing) and also I can get a good discount with them because a family friend has had a few rally cars built by them and competes with them.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-30-2010, 10:07 PM
Hmmm looks like this Airboy tuning is the real deal. I wonder how much he charges for a tune.

PD77
12-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Hmmm looks like this Airboy tuning is the real deal. I wonder how much he charges for a tune.

Indeed he is.

I think he still has a deal going on right now, there may be something over at the WSC on it.

That.Guy.S30
12-30-2010, 10:11 PM
hes on wsc. hes good.

b18cr
12-30-2010, 10:29 PM
so wheres the build?

this is like some facebook wall chat

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Just waiting on parts. Hopefully going to have a full exhaust and tune by mid February, then wheel/tire combo in March, then im going to start compiling the rest of the parts as my income becomes more steady as I finish my last semester at SAIT.

4lti
01-01-2011, 02:56 PM
3 Pages and like four pictures throughout the whole thread...
More pics please!
Take a pic of all the stuff you bought or something!

Ldeibert
01-04-2011, 03:25 PM
If you want to hear your turbo you can take the silencer box off of the bottom of your airbox. It's not extremely loud, but that teamed up with a catless dp and you can hear it inside the cabin. Make sure you get your hands on a catless up pipe before you go crazy with any other stuff. They are prone to breaking and sucking into your turbo, especially with lots of miles on them.

I would pick up someones leftover stock sti parts (turbo, im, intercooler and lines). You can usually pick up all you need to swap over for under $1000, then you will be happy for a while with the power boost, and when you're tired you have more options for replacement parts.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-06-2011, 04:31 PM
I'm actually probably just going to order a Cobb intake. I am having trouble deciding between the Invidia and the Megan cat-back exhausts. I am planning to keep the exhaust catted with high flow cats as well.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Found an aftermarket intake used for $80 locally. Also my dad's boss has a 2008 STi that's making decent power and hes not using his stock TMIC and Downpipe so he's offered them to me for cheap.

PD77
01-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Found an aftermarket intake used for $80 locally. Also my dad's boss has a 2008 STi that's making decent power and hes not using his stock TMIC and Downpipe so he's offered them to me for cheap.

You really need to do some more research man...the stock intake is plenty for what you need, and that STi stuff won't fit your car.

Good luck.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-07-2011, 02:06 PM
I know it won't fit my car, but for $20 I can always resell it and make some money for other things. And the intake is more for looks/sound anyway, so for a third of the price of a new one I might as well grab it anyway. Invidia Cat Back is going to be $995 shipped to Calgary I think. Still need to find and uppipe and downpipe.

PD77
01-07-2011, 02:36 PM
The intake is going to need tuning so as long as you put it on with your other mods it's worth it then.

Carry on :thumbsup:

psycoticclown
01-07-2011, 02:53 PM
^^What he said, make sure you tune for the intake. I hear a lotta people are running lean (or rich, can't remember which) I think because of the intake before they tune. Plus the stock airbox is really good.

We should take pics of our cars together sometime :D

Ldeibert
01-15-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by PD77

You really need to do some more research man...the stock intake is plenty for what you need, and that STi stuff won't fit your car.

Good luck.

As far as research is concerned... That sti stuff will fit your car, the dp isn't worth your time, but the intercooler, intake manifold, and turbo off a stock sti are great additions to the legacy. Considering the bottom end of a lgt and sti are the same.

PD77
01-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Ldeibert

As far as research is concerned... That sti stuff will fit your car, the dp isn't worth your time, but the intercooler, intake manifold, and turbo off a stock sti are great additions to the legacy. Considering the bottom end of a lgt and sti are the same.

Nice try, but no.

Where do you see intake manifold on the post I was referring to? Without that nothing else will fit. Besides, there are much cheaper ways to extract power nowadays from a Leggy because they share the same setup as the 08+ WRX.

Sorry to clutter your thread twin, I just don't want bad info getting out there.

Ldeibert
01-16-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by PD77

Nice try, but no.

Where do you see intake manifold on the post I was referring to? Without that nothing else will fit. Besides, there are much cheaper ways to extract power nowadays from a Leggy because they share the same setup as the 08+ WRX.

Sorry to clutter your thread twin, I just don't want bad info getting out there.

You just contradicted yourself. You say "Nice try, but no.". Then you say they WILL fit with the intake manifold and sti intercooler.

I had all the supporting sti parts needed for the swap lined up for my legacy gt for $900. What's much cheaper than that for the same power increase??

PD77
01-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Ldeibert

You just contradicted yourself. You say "Nice try, but no.". Then you say they WILL fit with the intake manifold and sti intercooler.

I had all the supporting sti parts needed for the swap lined up for my legacy gt for $900. What's much cheaper than that for the same power increase??

He was only getting the dp and tmic which would not fit on their own, that was what I was saying...sorry if I wasn't clear enough for you.

$900 for a 50hp crank gain isn't very good bang for your buck...get a VF52, a TBE, and a tune and you'll easily beat a stock STi power wise. I could do that on a $1000(ish) budget pretty easily.

Edit- Let's take this to pm's if you want to keep going, I am done cluttering this thread.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-19-2011, 03:39 PM
No worrys PD77. Got my timing belt and waterpump kit. Going to order some rally armor mudflaps soon, as well as might be picking up some 18x7.5 +40 XXR 525s for my summer wheels. Contacted AIRBOY on WSC, he said with a downpipe and his stage 2 tune I should see roughly 30-40AWHP and 50AWTQ gains over stock, that will be my next thing to look at.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
02-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Update: Rally Armor Mudflaps on the way. Enjoying the snow. Have decided on summer wheels TR Motorsports G2 18x8 +48 with Dunlop Direzzas. Will be doing full exhaust (headers, up pipe, down pipe, and cat back before getting a tune done. Still have all the maintenance items to do, have been very busy.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/ski1jump/Subaru/Subaru7.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/ski1jump/Subaru/Subaru6.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/ski1jump/Subaru/Subaru5.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/ski1jump/Subaru/Subaru4.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/ski1jump/Subaru/Subaru3.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/ski1jump/Subaru/Subaru1.jpg

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Update: mudflaps are here, Spec stage 2 clutch kit on the way, wheels and tires on the way, will be looking for a downpipe, fmic, and BOV in April.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-15-2011, 11:13 AM
Update: car is up on a hoist, new clutch, front lower control arm bushings, left rear wheel bearing and speed sensor is going in over the next few weeks. Some assfuck shot one of my windows with a bb gun over the weekend so that has to be replaced and re tinted.

RZRSHARP_SVX
03-16-2011, 04:32 PM
while its on that hoist you should get rid of that trailer hitch. and think about new winters as the ones on there are worn out.

becks101
03-16-2011, 05:27 PM
nice car!

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by RZRSHARP_SVX
while its on that hoist you should get rid of that trailer hitch. and think about new winters as the ones on there are worn out.

Aha you were in the shop looking at my car eh? Those tires were toast when I got the car, one is damaged and they all have less than 1mm of tread until the wear bars. They were just to get me to spring, till my summer wheels come in. And the trailer hitch will stay because I would rather be towing my ATV behind this than the Jeep.

RZRSHARP_SVX
03-17-2011, 04:22 PM
Yeah I am doing my 4th year I saw it in the shop so I have taken a quick look

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-17-2011, 04:28 PM
Yeah good thing I have wheels and tires on the way. Cars going to be great once I get all this stuff done, even better when I get a downpipe and tune which should yield ~30AWHP and ~50AWTQ according to Sunny.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-05-2011, 04:53 PM
New clutch is in and has 300km on it now, still breaking it in. A little package came today.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/ski1jump/950b3613.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/ski1jump/1545eeaa.jpg

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Put the wheels on and had an alignment done today: http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/ski1jump/a504cdfd.jpg

600rr
04-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Looks good man

K3RMiTdot
04-06-2011, 03:40 PM
wow sick rims!

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Thanks, not sure on the ride height at the moment whether I like it or not.

beyond_ban
04-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Spacers + camber + moar low = beautiful

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Moar low this summer maybe. The wheels are already aggressive enough offset for me, and I have no camber on the front and -0.8 degrees on the rear right now.

600rr
04-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Ya, moar low would be good. I love low legacies, ill post pics of my wagon on wsc soon. Go as low as me :P

Edit: what are the offsets on on those wheels and specs?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-06-2011, 04:46 PM
No idea what the offsets are, they weren't listed on tirerack and I couldn't see it stamped on the wheels anywhere, I will have to measure it. They are 18x8 Sparco Assetto Gara, they are made by O.Z.

beyond_ban
04-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Do you have any pics of the fitment? I thought they looked like they could be a bit more aggressive but it might just be my eyes fucking with me. If they are fitted nicely moar low would make it a pimp legacy. I've always loved these cars, especially the spec-B.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Not sure how to show the fitment. Heres some photos:

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/ski1jump/3fafcc9d.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/ski1jump/85e2c90d.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/ski1jump/019a2ad6.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/ski1jump/28e9e64b.jpg

beyond_ban
04-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Ya it looks pretty good... The back could almost use a 10mm to make it real flush, but the rides looking good.

infected
04-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Looks good! Just a little lower and you'll be set.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-06-2011, 05:33 PM
The rear is in a bit more because i'm running -0.8 degrees of camber. I think 1" lower with some sway bars and a new aluminum skidplate is my goal.

beyond_ban
04-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Good call... Look forward to seeing the completed car.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Today I did the timing belt, waterpump, two camshaft seals, idlers, hydraulic tensioner, and a coolant change.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Had a chance to do some auto x on the weekend, car performed alright, I finished 11th out of 21 competitors in RAW and PAX time. I am on the fence between modifying this car more or saving up for a convertible or performance car in the future.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-04-2011, 11:52 AM
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq212/cwithell/SASC%20Event%202%20May%201st%202011/DSC_0085.jpg

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq212/cwithell/SASC%20Event%202%20May%201st%202011/DSC_0040.jpg

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq212/cwithell/SASC%20Event%202%20May%201st%202011/DSC_0038.jpg

n1zm0
05-04-2011, 12:34 PM
^hmmm, are you sure you have enough roll? j/k

the more i see these on the road the more i want one for a DD, especially in the winters, plus i never wanted to get into the impreza club anyways

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Yeah I am seriously considering coilovers, sway bars, and r comps on my stock wheels as soon as I get a job.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Video of a fun run from April 23rd at Fort Mcleod airport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKbOLmMPHmM

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Another video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3NR4MOB9-w

kvg
05-21-2011, 06:24 PM
http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad193/kellygibbonsemail/twincam.jpg

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Haha thanks man, good to see you on the road today.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-29-2011, 03:26 PM
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/ski1jump/7cac3e2a.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/ski1jump/5a36b8bb.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/ski1jump/8ccd5f6d.jpg

PD77
05-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Much better, changes the whole look of the front end. I couldn't stand the chrome moustache either haha.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Wish I could black out the headlight and tail light chrome as well now. I looked at it with no grill and thought I wonder what 4 hella horns would look like in there instead haha.

PD77
05-29-2011, 04:02 PM
I did the headlights on my Leggy, the easy part was baking/painting them...the biggest pain was taking everything apart to get them out. Unlike the WRX/STi the front bumper has to come off which is a bit time consuming.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-29-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm thinking of doing the mirrors as well, they are horribly faded.

Sentry
05-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Do the mirrors and the scoop.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Yeah I wasn't sure about the scoop, might as well I suppose.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-02-2011, 04:38 PM
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/ski1jump/767a4ff7.jpg

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Decided I want to step into a convertible and buy a super cheap daily driver in the future, hoping to sell it reasonably soon.

jsn
06-23-2011, 05:34 PM
so soon? :(

KandabashiDevil
06-23-2011, 05:45 PM
The car looks vandalized without the grill!

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by jsn
so soon? :(

Yes and no. I want to build a Miata as a fun car, but I have a hard time fitting in them, so its going to be a big decision. Other than that its tough to find another convertible under $15000 that fits my wants and needs.

Really not sure what to do.

A2VR6
06-23-2011, 10:39 PM

Yes and no. I want to build a Miata as a fun car, but I have a hard time fitting in them, so its going to be a big decision. Other than that its tough to find another convertible under $15000 that fits my wants and needs.

Really not sure what to do.

Looking for something more competitive for Auto-x? haha

You could try getting a Solstice/Sky... they are pretty decent no? I've seen them below 15000 for a N/A ZOK pacakge.

Tik-Tok
06-23-2011, 10:58 PM
*cough*MR2 w/t-tops*cough* :D