Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Home Automotive Forums > Beyond.ca - Car Forums Archive > Car Forums > Automotive Aesthetics / Electronics > In Car Entertainment / Electronics

how to program an astrostart car starter remote - Click HERE for Original Thread

magic99
Hi,

I have a new remote and need to know how to program it...

its a j5f-tx2000

thanks in advance!
Strugari
Get under the dash to the unit.
You will see 8 or 9 dip switches on the unit with an LED beside them.
Turn switch 1 and 8 on.
Press and release the brake. (LED will flash)
Press and hold start button on remote. (LED will flash and parklights will flash once.
Turn switch 1 and 8 to off.
Press and release the brake (LED will flash once)

Try your new remote!
variance
What a coincidence, I have the exact same system and was googling to find the instructions.

I also have a second remote but is branded command start, any idea if this will work with the Astrostart system?
TE4MFaint
Originally posted by variance
What a coincidence, I have the exact same system and was googling to find the instructions.

I also have a second remote but is branded command start, any idea if this will work with the Astrostart system?

no. systems are meant to work with a certain brain with a certain antenna with a certain remote. you cant just use any ol' random remote and code it to your system.

Do you want to post a reply? This is a car forums archive, to participate in daily discussions on cars, visit our forums website and register today! Its free.

For the latest automotive news, visit the car blog