PDA

View Full Version : KA24ET Oil Feed Line Suggestions Wanted

Tram Common
07-24-2011, 09:57 PM
I was just going to T into the stock sensor but apparently some guys claim that creates too much weight that is susceptible to vibrations and whatnot.

Any of you guys have any suggestions as to what you did/would do?

Buy an oil filter sandwich plate? If so, which one? Anyone make them locally?

sr20s14zenki
07-25-2011, 05:31 AM
Sandwich plate works, but ive had the t on the sensor work just fine. For cheap, i would just t off the sensor.

make sure you use a -3 line. That will act as a restrictor too.

Tram Common
07-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
Sandwich plate works, but ive had the t on the sensor work just fine. For cheap, i would just t off the sensor.

make sure you use a -3 line. That will act as a restrictor too.

Thanks for the advice man, does a T25 need a restrictor?

Also, I know running coolant lines is optional... any opinion on that one?

dj_rice
07-25-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Tram Common

Thanks for the advice man, does a T25 need a restrictor?

Also, I know running coolant lines is optional... any opinion on that one?

I ran it off the sensor also. I don't recall using a restrictor on my T25 when I did it.

And for the coolant lines, if you have the lines availible on the turbo to cool, then why not hook them up anyway. Easy and piece of mind

sr20s14zenki
07-25-2011, 01:52 PM
You dont need to restrict a t25, a -3 line should be fine for that. The journal bearing turbos are usually less prone to high pressure than the ball bearing units.

as for coolant, its fairly simple. There are a few ways to go about it. Ghetto way would be to use the stock lines, cut the banjo fittings off and then clamp rubber hoses on them. Then you can probably t into your heater core line for one direction, and back to your main coolant flow for the other.

Tram Common
07-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
You dont need to restrict a t25, a -3 line should be fine for that. The journal bearing turbos are usually less prone to high pressure than the ball bearing units.

as for coolant, its fairly simple. There are a few ways to go about it. Ghetto way would be to use the stock lines, cut the banjo fittings off and then clamp rubber hoses on them. Then you can probably t into your heater core line for one direction, and back to your main coolant flow for the other.

There's a loop of coolant lines I have available from when I did the complete vacuum line removal... would be easy enough to run them over to the turbo.

I just don't have any of the stock lines... and purchasing them might be pricey.