Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Home Automotive Forums > Beyond.ca - Car Forums Archive > Car Forums > Events and Meets

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
New End Of Summer Cruise!! - Click HERE for Original Thread

Squishy
Where are we meeting at 10am?:nut:

edit: confused the meet address with the destination one, can we get the destination address as well please?
GOnSHO
lol destination address is Banff :P lucky you're cute squishy :p

bikes will be out front (atleast me) as i know where we will be going when we get close to banff

We will be taking Transcanada Highway out to banff, then heading north on lake minnewanka scenic drive and parking at the lake, where we will be doing BBQ...

anyone who doesnt wanna do this can go into banff and eat at a restaurant.

please remember that the speed limit has been lowered on this road due to wildlife, anyone speeding excessively will be asked to leave the meet..
03ozwhip
FIRST POST UPDATED WITH ALL INFO NEEDED EXCEPT FOR THE LEAVE TIME FROM BANFF. ITS STILL TBD...
97luder
whats the details on the BBQ ?

any one bringing a BBQ ? are we doing a community BBQ?( some one bring dogs some one bring pop some one bring chips ect ) ?
03ozwhip
details are in the first post. BYOB, just because someone may not like what you bring and then doesnt eat, if you want to eat, BYOB. there are BBQ's at the site so im told, but ill have to see if we need wood, etc...
403tunerclub
Originally posted by Squishy
:thumbsup: See you guys there!

n Phil... you're not allowed to come!!;)

ok :( haha

Zewind
Can someone print maps this time? :P
GOnSHO
i will print out maps but its not rocket science.. haha!!

id like to stop just after the toll booth as well to get some nice big pics of the group like last time as well.
ekguy
scratch me from the list...i'll be working...how exciting....
03ozwhip
^^work is for fags bro! LOL j/k too bad though. anyways, i found out that the BBQ pits are just ike camping pits in that we need fire wood.

apparently we are in the works with food and people *possibly* may not need to bring your own food or drink as it *may* be provided, waiting on more details, BUT we may need fire wood.

who can volunteer to bring some? i will bring some...anyone else?
Zewind
Originally posted by GOnSHO
i will print out maps but its not rocket science.. haha!!

id like to stop just after the toll booth as well to get some nice big pics of the group like last time as well.

Last year we got lost :banghead:

GOnSHO
LoL what!? seriously?

alright, ill print out maps..
Rocketright
I may have a bunch of firewood, not sure if it's all been used yet though, but I'll let you know. Also a cool idea for another year would be to go up the road to norquay accross from banff. Can get really nice pictures there.
03ozwhip
thanks man, anyone else?
GOnSHO
if its crap out and have to bring my truck instead, i can bring some.. all dependant on the weather for my vehicle
StreetRacerX
I'm on call next week, I'll have to see if someone else can take my Sunday,I want to cook me a rib eye steak:drool:
jzz30dk
good call on the ribeye
Heru-Farukon
Awwh man. Now I'm debating if I should bring bbq things. Damm
swak
Originally posted by ekguy
scratch me from the list...i'll be working...how exciting....

X2 :thumbsdow

I got the time off for the last drumheller cruise, so i'm sure i can make this one work as well... But as of now, i am scheduled to work (we'll see what the weekend brings tho!)

J.D.
Originally posted by 03ozwhip

ya we talked about this already J. it would be cool, but i dont think it would work for alot of people, maybe next year....

Ya man posted it before we had talked, But if people were interested maybe pm me and we can see if enough would like to go and do it next season?

Ride drive to BC, go beyond Alberta next year, let me know,

J.

Augury
I should be able to make it as long as i wake up in time... >.<
07 Civic Si
03ozwhip
added to the list! also, everyone dont miss out on this, it looks like we might be lucky enough to have sunny and about 22 degrees on sunday, it will definitely be the last good cruise this year!
magic_1971
sorry guys I am out as I am heading to the lake with kids this weekend. I will get in on the next one.

Did not want to just NOT show up.

Have fun
Disoblige
Originally posted by magic_1971
sorry guys I am out as I am heading to the lake with kids this weekend. I will get in on the next one.

Did not want to just NOT show up.

Have fun

DATE: SEPTEMBER 11TH (SUNDAY)

vengie
Update my RSVP with my new car! B7 S4
kamatayan
+ one pls.

E36 325is / E36 M3
Depending on the weather... .. .
03ozwhip
added!
SilverRex
I'll join if weather is top notch
alpineguy
i'm in 09 fit sport
bigbadboss101
I'll be up for it depending on weather as well.
03ozwhip
^^ya im assuming most people wont show up if the weather is no good. so far it looks good but who knows, this is alberta.
Twin_Cam_Turbo
Stoked, my car shall be lower by this date!
Chantastic
What's with all the no show if weather is bad folks? In my opinion 03ozwhip made it pretty clear, only say you're gonna show if you're gonna show. Makes for an inaccurate count...

Anyways it's coming up soon, so have fun guys! take lots of pics, and then post them on here :D
90accord
Last cruise was so much fun...only went to Strathmore as i had no gas and didn't feel like going all the way to drum! Would definitely be alot more fun with alot more cars! Tell your friends!!!

Count me in for sure! Car is all cleaned up and ready for the weekend! Plus if weather is bad i will bring the jeep!
03ozwhip
Originally posted by Chantastic
What's with all the no show if weather is bad folks? In my opinion 03ozwhip made it pretty clear, only say you're gonna show if you're gonna show. Makes for an inaccurate count...

Anyways it's coming up soon, so have fun guys! take lots of pics, and then post them on here :D

thanks man! really though guys, i do HOPE that the 7x people that voted will show up anyways but i doubt it, so if youre unsure, just vote and hopefully youll show up.

like i said before, food *MAY* be provided and we would like a definite headcount rather than maybes so theres no wasting the persons time and money that *MAY* be providing for everyone.

TIA! stoked, should be a good cruise!

max_boost
Forget the bbq, too much work to coordinate and there will always be flakes. Lets head into town for a nice sit down meal instead. :D
03ozwhip
Originally posted by max_boost
Forget the bbq, too much work to coordinate and there will always be flakes. Lets head into town for a nice sit down meal instead. :D

its definitely an option for some, but maybe not for all, as we near closer to the date, GOnSHO or myself will speak with the person that may be providing food and see if its worth it or whether or not most people want to just go wat in banff.

IF the case is that no one actually wants a BBQ, again id like to know so i could try and book somewhere for this many people to eat in advance...

bigbadboss101
I am good for grabbing a bite out there. Count me in.
vengie
I'm good for any of the above!! regardless I'll be there.
Nakadah
:rofl: I knew that there would be people that will sign up and will not show up.

Good weather or not, BBQ or not, I am there for sure!

I don't mind BBQ, but the problem I see with it is coordinating that many people... If there is going to be BBQ and some folks do not want to have they should simply bring food that is ready from home and they can sit with the rest of us. Not a big deal.

What is that some people will come only if the weather is good? Why are you guys so afraid from a few drops of water? Like they are going to kill you.

My car has been washed and polished as well, but I bet it will be dirty as hell by the cruise:(

Twin_Cam_Turbo,

Glad to hear that you will be with the Subaru again! It should be fun.
Squishy
I'm up for going to sit down and eat, so if I'm coming don't count me for the BBQ
Resurrected RA
I was just thinking about a situation on the Drumheller cruise and thought I would present it for consideration.

When the group was making the turn onto 21 there was a considerable line of cars and a slight crest to the hill prior to the turn off. Myself and a few others turned right to avoid being part of the line, the stopped cars could have been a hazard.

Has the route to Banff been confirmed, it might not be a bad idea to consider the line of cars that will be on the cruise.

Just a thought.
star-k
12400 Crestmont Blvd SW that is a road that is a one way, street. Just curious as to where the exact location of the meet with be.. unless the meet is at the community centre at the top of the hill?

If theres a picture of the actual location from google maps that would be nice. As most of the readers may not necessarily know the exact location.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=12400+...l=en&tab=wl

I'll be rollin in: Black S2000

Suggestion: An excellent central location to meet would be

MAXBELL ARENA.

since it's clean, and large enough to accomodate 500 plus it's EMPTY sunday mornings and it's central for everyone in the city.. only a recommendation. I've had a number of successful meets there. I also promise that this is the coolest place to have a meet in the entire calgary... only a suggestion...
star-k
Oh and thanks to 03ozwhip for making this cruise possible. I'll be rollin in with Black s2000, friends Integra Type R, and another Ralliart.
03ozwhip
Originally posted by Resurrected RA
I was just thinking about a situation on the Drumheller cruise and thought I would present it for consideration.

When the group was making the turn onto 21 there was a considerable line of cars and a slight crest to the hill prior to the turn off. Myself and a few others turned right to avoid being part of the line, the stopped cars could have been a hazard.

Has the route to Banff been confirmed, it might not be a bad idea to consider the line of cars that will be on the cruise.

Just a thought.

ya the route is confirmed, it looks like GOnSHO is going to make up maps. theres no real turns anyways until Banff so itll be hard for the same thing to happen if everyone is in the same lane.

Originally posted by star-k
12400 Crestmont Blvd SW that is a road that is a one way, street. Just curious as to where the exact location of the meet with be.. unless the meet is at the community centre at the top of the hill?

If theres a picture of the actual location from google maps that would be nice. As most of the readers may not necessarily know the exact location.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=12400+...l=en&tab=wl

I'll be rollin in: Black S2000

Suggestion: An excellent central location to meet would be

MAXBELL ARENA.

since it's clean, and large enough to accomodate 500 plus it's EMPTY sunday mornings and it's central for everyone in the city.. only a recommendation. I've had a number of successful meets there. I also promise that this is the coolest place to have a meet in the entire calgary... only a suggestion...

thanks for the suggestion Star but we are good at this point. the meting place ive never been to myself either but GOnSHO has been there as well as a number of other Beyonders for big cruises so it will definitely accomodate us.

ill add you to the list! getting close guys!(and squishy lol)

Originally posted by star-k
Oh and thanks to 03ozwhip for making this cruise possible. I'll be rollin in with Black s2000, friends Integra Type R, and another Ralliart.

ive had lots of help from GOnSHO as well, thank him too!:thumbsup:

star-k
*thumbs up*
GOnSHO
yea, im gonna print out a map pretty quick..

star, yes its at the residents association.
max_boost
Crestmont is good. We had a meet in that lot back in 08.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/226969/b...y-20-2008-pics/
GOnSHO
cruise thread is here for that one.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/234146/o...y-sept-21-2008/

gonna stop at the same place... Cascade ponds.
AwkwardAzn
count me in... lexus IS :D
97luder
what is near the meeting spot in the morning on sunday ? like is there a big parking lot or any thing for us to all park ?

also what time will we be leaving banff to come back ?
03ozwhip
the thing is it doesnt sound like alot of people want to do a BBQ, chime in if you do because man this is getting difficult to manage with everyone wanting to do different things.

IF alot of us are eating at CP then whenever we are done eating we will leave, other than that maybe a good hour at least of hanging out, but it doesnt mean you have to leave at the same time as everyone else.
97luder
true but i would like to ride back with the group but i think its a good idea to stay for a bit to do meet and great and photos and all that i just ask cause i have to hit up the candy store before i leave lol

where or what is CP ?

sorry to repeat but the meeting spot in the morning (in calgary) is there a big parking lot for every one to park or what ?

PS i think your doing good with managing this cruise :thumbsup: all we can hope for now is the weather to be good !!
GOnSHO
Originally posted by 97luder
true but i would like to ride back with the group but i think its a good idea to stay for a bit to do meet and great and photos and all that i just ask cause i have to hit up the candy store before i leave lol

where or what is CP ?

sorry to repeat but the meeting spot in the morning (in calgary) is there a big parking lot for every one to park or what ?

PS i think your doing good with managing this cruise :thumbsup: all we can hope for now is the weather to be good !!

CP is cascade ponds, the place we stop.. so if u follow the group, ull end up at CP ;)

as for meeting location, yes, there is room for a large group of cars

RickDaTuner
Hey guys,

I'll be out in Canmore that weekend, let me know of you guys want me to reserve a hut at the cascade ponds, I recommend the last one, as there is a ton of space and parking over there.

Cheers
03ozwhip
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
Hey guys,

I'll be out in Canmore that weekend, let me know of you guys want me to reserve a hut at the cascade ponds, I recommend the last one, as there is a ton of space and parking over there.

Cheers

ooooohhhh whats this hut you speak of? does it cost $$ at all to reserve it?

RickDaTuner
It just one of the BBQ huts at the ponds, there are two one at the entrance and one at the end of the ponds parking, It doesn't cost any money, you just need to be there early to knab it.

Looks like this

GOnSHO
do it up rick! that would be awesome!
03ozwhip
for sure do that, much appreciated rick!
boxer23
count me in as well :)
Z_fairladygirl
Hey so I am so down for going, I'll be there in a '90 300z and I'll have a friend with me in a '90 Talon

So stoked =)
03ozwhip
boxer23 and z_fairladygirl youve been added. alright evveryone, its only a few days away. we are still looking for people to bring some firewood. im bringing some, so if anyone else can bring some, let me know or we wont be eating much lol
alpineguy
i will bring some wood
RickDaTuner
boxer23 and z_fairladygirl youve been added. alright evveryone, its only a few days away. we are still looking for people to bring some firewood. im bringing some, so if anyone else can bring some, let me know or we wont be eating much lol

There is wood for burning there already, but they are half trunk size, so I will bring a axe to cut them up.

03ozwhip
^^cool, thanks! i was wondering if we may have to opt out of the BBQ. hopefully well have enough wood.
Twin_Cam_Turbo
Woo Subaru is done and only needs a wash. I think I'm bringing at least one guy from work with a Skyline.
strong
I will be making it out with a friend in a 01 copper Sierra.
TYMSMNY
Count me in + 2.

Ducati 1098
Kawa Ninja
BMW
AwkwardAzn
hold up so do we need to bring any food? or are we going into town for a sit down meal?? :nut:
StreetRacerX
Originally posted by AwkwardAzn
hold up so do we need to bring any food? or are we going into town for a sit down meal?? :nut:

^By the sounds of things we will be having a barbecue, st least I hope so, if I buy steak and there's no propane burner present I will not be pleased.

Is someone bringing cuttlery, paper plates etc?

If we are doing the bbq I'l probably bring a couple family packs of rib eyes with bulls and cattle boys sauce.

03ozwhip
Originally posted by StreetRacerX

^By the sounds of things we will be having a barbecue, st least I hope so, if I buy steak and there's no propane burner present I will not be pleased.

Is someone bringing cuttlery, paper plates etc?

If we are doing the bbq I'l probably bring a couple family packs of rib eyes with bulls and cattle boys sauce.

BBQ will happen, im just waiting to find out if the food will be supplied or not. also as far as propane burners go, thats something i dont think anyone else will be bringing as the pits are wood burning....

DannyO
Looking forward to this, always good to get out the city and head to the mountains, dunno if I'll be in on the BBQ, plan on maybe trying to find some good views to get some timelapse shots from.
jsn
looks like I have to cancel again. Getting sent out to work:banghead:
Zewind
I have to cancel. Friends coming into town. :facepalm:
kamatayan
I'll bring pop and water
StreetRacerX
Hmmm, not sure what I was thinking, I had visions of a large barbecue. It would probably be best to just bring hotdogs and buns since those don't require knife and fork.
RickDaTuner
For those of you concerned over a BBQ... Those huts have a large central stove with a cast top, and tables to eat on on the side.

Lots of room to BBQ a steak, or chicken, and nothing beats the heat from a wood fire.

:thumbsup:
89s1
just broke an lca bolt lowering my car, looks like i might not be coming after all.
90accord
Originally posted by Zewind
I have to cancel. Friends coming into town. :facepalm:

+1 for bringing the friend along for a sweet cruise!

89s1 still time to get that bolt fixed before tommorow!

90accord
03ozwhip you got me on the list twice... I will be in my s14, along with a buddy in a eg coupe, and another in a eg hatch
Nakadah
The list does not really matter at this point IMO. I was supposed to bring a few friends as well, but looks like I will be alone.

Can 03ozwhip give a little more information whether or not food will be provided as it has been mentioned. I mean the cruise is tomorrow and a little more information over that will be appreciated.

Do we need passes to park next to the BBQ site? I am little confused because it is located in the Banff National Park, but then I see some people saying that we do not need passes to park there.:dunno:
03ozwhip
as far as i know, you need passes. the person that was possibly going to supply the BBQ we havent heard back from so at this point, it looks like you might just want to bring your own stuff.

however, if we hear from him before the cruise in the morning, check back on the thread, ill update whether or not you should bring food.

sorry for the confusion, cant wait it should be good!
bigbadboss101
Make sense to bring your own food rather than having someone bring em? Weiners or burgers would me simple instead of steaks or rack of lamb.
quick_scar
I am about 80% sure I will be coming

Turbo Del Sol

Not staying for food though as I do not have a park pass and don't plan on paying.
StreetRacerX
I believe its about 5 bucks for a one day pass, so it isn't as bad as you think.

I'll probably bring 2 packages of smokies, 2 bags of hotdog buns, condiments, and a flat of water so nobody starves.
03ozwhip
well i still havent heard from buddy about supplying the food so ya bring your own food. also, i guess im out of the BBQ, couldnt find any wood in my town for sale and my wife put her foot down and said she wants a sit down meal.

sorry again for all the confusion and back and forths.
max_boost
I just realize I don't know anyone on that list of people coming lol but I'm still game. SEe you guys tomorrow.
Resurrected RA
Originally posted by StreetRacerX
I believe its about 5 bucks for a one day pass, so it isn't as bad as you think.

http://www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/ab/banff/...es_e.asp?park=1

$9.80/ adult

StreetRacerX
well i still havent heard from buddy about supplying the food so ya bring your own food. also, i guess im out of the BBQ, couldnt find any wood in my town for sale and my wife put her foot down and said she wants a sit down meal.

sorry again for all the confusion and back and forths.

Booo.....was someone else bringing wood?

Nakadah
It looks like there will be no BBQ. It even seems that only StreetRacerX is/was excited about the BBQ. We will all go sit down to eat.;)

max_boost, its time to get to know some of the newbies.:thumbsup:

See ya all tomorrow. I will arrive early at the meeting point so that I can meet some of you and get some pictures this time.
RickDaTuner
Originally posted by max_boost
I just realize I don't know anyone on that list of people coming lol but I'm still game. SEe you guys tomorrow.

I"ll be there Max, we can actually say hello in person instead of just seeing you pass by all the time LOL

TYMSMNY
Last minute change of plans, won't be able to make it...

trying to convince the rest of the bike meet to go on this cruise... failed. Might see you guys on the road though!
Rocketright
I just sprained my ankle really bad lol and it's like twice the size. So if you see me hopping around you know why haha.
bigbadboss101
I'm in. Borrowing a friend's park pass.
Silver X3
03ozwhip
awesome guys, will be a good cruise! see you all in a bit! max itll be good to see you driving in banff rather than pulled over this time LOL ;)
ANDYPLUS
Coming in my e53 X5
star-k
Hey we may not be able to make it. I'll still probably show up.
Heru-Farukon
Can anybody confirm if banff toll can take debit
9taccord
Hopefully we make it before you guys leave, on the way. 2 3G TLs
Squishy
On our way too!

Do you want to post a reply? This is a car forums archive, to participate in daily discussions on cars, visit our forums website and register today! Its free.

For the latest automotive news, visit the car blog