PDA

View Full Version : s13 has no clutch pressure / wont shift into gears... pls help!!

ken.bryle21
08-27-2011, 01:56 AM
My master clutch cylinder was leaking and my clutch pedal broke bracket on my 240sx about 5 months ago so then i replaced my master cylinder and went to the junk yard bought a clutch pedal assembly and welded the bracket for reinformcement put all back together and bleed my system then i got pressure but pedal doesnt go all the way up (halfway or lil bit more).

Yesterdays when i was driving home, i step on my clutch to shift then i heard something crack and i cant shift into any gears so i parked on my side of the road and look at my clutch pedal if it broke again, i saw some spot weld piece on the floor so i thought it was my clutch bracket broken again. Towed my car home pull my clutch pedal assembly and it broke again, took it a welding shop and put it back in, bled the clutch system but i only had half pressure on my pedal so i had my brother step on my clutch pedal as i watch the slave push the fork on the tranny but the slave only pushing the fork half way so i replace my slave cylinder and its still the same... I called up my few of my buddy they told me to bleed it but i tried bleeding the system so many times but still n o luck. I only have half pressure and slave is only pushing the fork half way. when i step on the clutch and hold it for few seconds the pedal wont even go back up. I dont know what to do anymore.. Im thinking it could be my master cylinder being bad again but then its only a few months old...

Any thought guys!

lellowrx7
08-27-2011, 02:35 AM
Could have snapped the pressure plate inside the transmission.
Enjoy pullin the Motor :(

Aerobat
08-27-2011, 03:24 AM
^^agree unbolt slave from tranny and push on the fork to see how much pressure it takes to move the clutch

sr20s14zenki
08-27-2011, 07:13 AM
Also, could be the clutch line damper box, those things always fill with air and just never bleed out. Bleed the box first, then the slave.

ken.bryle21
08-27-2011, 08:27 AM
i have act 6puck clutch and xtreme pressure please so the clutch is really really stiff since day one i installed it ... . i cant even push the fork with my hand on the tranny since my clutch is really stiff...

and i dont have the clutch lime damper box anymore, i bypassed it when i replace the master and pedal assembly for the first time.

sugoi240
08-27-2011, 09:10 AM
You can also bypass the dampener. just bend the master line from the master to the dampener directly to the slave line.
So much easier to bleed.
But check the slave, the pin should move smoothly and straight by hand(when disconnected from the line). IF not, you can buy
new internals for it from dealer, you don't need to buy
a whole new unit.

tomt64
08-27-2011, 01:05 PM
might of broken the clutch fork pivot ball... pop off the slave and check first to see if the fork still moves on a pivot smoothly.

derek_k
08-27-2011, 02:08 PM

sr20s14zenki
09-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Any good news on this? I was thinking that maybe the pedal was improperly welded too....not sure.