PDA

View Full Version : Help Me With Mah Turboing

AlexDORIFTO
10-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Ok so i got the 1uz mounted in mah silvia with a z32 tranny and such and i got a huge holset turbo for it. Now my issue is that I got a megasquirt ECU that uses a Maf and i know that the Maf on an SR is located before the turbo but because for some reason on most lexus forums people put the MAF right before the throttle boddy which makes cense because the maf will measure the amount of air being forced into the engine.

So where do i put the maf? near the throttle body or before the turbo?
http://lexustuning.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/lexus-ls-400-twin-turbo-336x252.jpg

rage2
10-24-2011, 09:17 PM
MAF always goes before the turbo, or right after the air filter. If you're going megasquirt, ditch the MAF sensor, install a MAP sensor, tune with that and call it a day.

If you have no idea where to put a MAF sensor, I suggest you find someone to tune the car for you.

sr20s14zenki
10-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Don't cheap out on managent. Maf is gay.

silviaformulaD
10-24-2011, 09:51 PM
the locaton of the maff wont mater if your going to tune it with the megasqurt. but if it was me I would run it after the bov right before the tb. this will provent most off the surge problem's with turbo charged maff car's

forced_eg
10-24-2011, 10:06 PM
I would personally put the maf behind the af before the turbo, if it was before the tb wouldn't boost pressure and air charge temperature affect air flow readings?

AlexDORIFTO
10-24-2011, 11:23 PM
Ok so im still debating on if i should turbo it.

N/A about 280rwhp
Turbo 400+ rwhp

do i really need 400hp for next drifting season and will my Z32 tranny handle it?

And also i heard but nothing guaranteed that there will be another drift series happening in calgary. Anyone know what the roll cage specs will be?

Cooked Rice
10-24-2011, 11:33 PM
There won't be any professional series in Calgary AFAIK. But you can never really go wrong with Formula D specs. Although I'm curious, where do you have room for the turbo? When I owned my SC400, everyone ran a remote rear exhaust mounted turbo.

AlexDORIFTO
10-24-2011, 11:39 PM
the engine sits very far back into the firewall. i have almost a foot of space between the rad support and engine and a fair bit of space on the sides. i took it out of an LS400 and the 1UZ barely fits in one of those. really tight but in my silvia there is a tonne of room