PDA

View Full Version : Want mazda 1994 323 Perdormance parts

Boombox
12-14-2011, 12:48 AM
I just got a stock 94 323 and im basically looking for any sort of performance upgrades, engine, suspension, you name it. let me know if and have and what you want for them
.text or 403 305 2218 or email

marc
12-14-2011, 02:49 PM
check into a bp turbo motor for your car, best way to build fast reliable fun out of these chassis. should be a pretty straight forward swap too

cheers

GTS4tw
12-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Boombox
I just got a stock 94 323 and im basically looking for any sort of performance upgrades, engine, suspension, you name it. let me know if and have and what you want for them
.text or 403 305 2218 or email

If you stay stock engine then don't get a bigger exhaust, you will lose power. The best way to get power from a '94 is really a good tune up (plugs, wires, fluid changes, etc...), seafoam, remove cat, K&N intake, new shocks - reuse springs, and wheels and tires. Anything more than that will be a waste of money and will lose you power, as someone else already said get a turbo motor. Its a straightforward swap as long as it comes from the same generation of mazda, and it can be had at pick-n-pull dirt cheap ($130 on 50% off days).

Theres not much available aftermarket wise and the stuff that is out there is garbage imo and doesnt gain you enough over oem to make it worthwhile.

Take my advice I have poured a boatload of money into 323s and 626s over the years to see what works.

Edit: Unless its a GTX, in which case all my advice is useless and you should just sell it to me

Boombox
12-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by marc
check into a bp turbo motor for your car, best way to build fast reliable fun out of these chassis. should be a pretty straight forward swap too

cheers
Where would i get a BP turbo motor?

Also did the 323's come with a turbo engine? (beside the GTX's, I'd love get my had on one?

Boombox
12-14-2011, 10:06 PM
GTS4w I was just thinking of straight piping it but i didnt want to lose any back pressure.
I just got a tune up done (NGK wires, plugs and Bosch dist cap)
Which seafoam should i get ? i heard of the stuff from my buddy but the 2 kinds i found werent it. got pics ?s
Whats the turbo motor name ? B6?

GTS4tw
12-15-2011, 12:38 AM
GTS4w I was just thinking of straight piping it but i didnt want to lose any back pressure.
I just got a tune up done (NGK wires, plugs and Bosch dist cap)
Which seafoam should i get ? i heard of the stuff from my buddy but the 2 kinds i found werent it. got pics ?s
Whats the turbo motor name ? B6?

Don't straight pipe it, if you need new piping then follow the original but delete the cat, header wont hurt if you can find one (maybe OBX?)

The seafoam you need is:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzEJabHC-91tabni5UMJumELD4Po_oIF2q9HZnYllAF0P8LNbpzukrYelzcA

I don't think there was a turbo in that generation other than the GTX, I could be wrong though. A cool swap would be the F2T out of the 3rd gen 626 GT, the engine bays are so close to the same size but I have never measured to see what would need to be done.

marc
12-15-2011, 11:48 AM
F2t would be easy to come by and build nice torque (stock 145hp and 190lbft with 7psi , very easy to squeeze an extra 40hp with 12psi and a 'safe' tune). You can often find jdm turbo engines from jdm motor importers, jdm source use to bring them in (BP was the block name as far a i know) but dont advertise them on their website anymore.

other option you could do would be to try and track down a turbo manifold for your engine (might even be able to use the bp manifold if yours is DOHC) and boost your stock block.

Boombox
12-15-2011, 08:36 PM
mine is just a 1.6 SOHC
IF anyone could find me a header that would be great.
i just put some seafoam in her today too. thanks gts4w
and i was thinking of following the same exhaust line out minus cat and muffler, or is that a bad idea?
just ordered a intake today?
Any other ideas on where to get some other performance parts ?
ebay has turned up nothing but air filters and lights:banghead:

GTS4tw
12-15-2011, 11:46 PM
mine is just a 1.6 SOHC
IF anyone could find me a header that would be great.
i just put some seafoam in her today too. thanks gts4w
and i was thinking of following the same exhaust line out minus cat and muffler, or is that a bad idea?
just ordered a intake today?
Any other ideas on where to get some other performance parts ?
ebay has turned up nothing but air filters and lights:banghead:

I wouldn't take out the muffler :dunno: This is the kind of car that does not really have aftermarket parts available, and to be honest isn't really worth modifying too much unless you have some personal attachment to it. You will lose power and gain the wrong kind of attention if you remove the muffler, I have straight piped that engine before and its loud and sounds like shit. I have a strange personal attachment to these cars since I like to race around in the dirt and I haven't found a car that can take a beating like a stock 80's 626, its like a sled with wheels and is light enough to coast over the biggest boulders. The downside has been that I have had to modify everything i use to make it work on the Mazda or just straight up fabricate stuff myself. Take it for what it is, a low end grocery-getter, if you are looking for easy bolt on parts then a Honda would be the better way to go, or bolt in the turbo GT engine and you'll gain more overnight than you'll ever get by modifying that stock one.

Boombox
12-16-2011, 09:57 PM
any word on where i can get a gt engine ?
i just ordered a intake and im going to get some sway bars tomorrow

marc
12-19-2011, 12:26 PM
have you thought of auto crossing it? Great way to learn your car and improve your driving skill. you dont needs tons of power to have fun doing it, just get some good tires and maybe a few suspension components and you'll find a new enjoyment for driving even with a relatively stock car.
I've seen people auto-x'ing toyota echos having a blast. I use to auto-x a bone stock 90hp crx and it was a freaken blast!

lol just an idea

Boombox
12-19-2011, 08:30 PM
sorry for sounding like a noob but whats auto crosS?
i found some lowering springs and srut bars that i will be buying as soon as i can afford it

marc
12-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Its a time trial type of racing event with minimal investments compared to other forms of auto racing

hit up youtube, or google. search engines do wonders for questions like this.

hell i bet if you google "323 autocross" you'll find some inspiration for your build

xnvy
12-20-2011, 08:33 PM
Here's two pics I took at the one at Deerfoot Mall in October. First one is of a Lotus Elise on the course (https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/314823_2522591472516_1485229818_3076029_1908419678_n.jpg), the other a 323 that was competing. (https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/308487_2522585032355_1485229818_3076024_2054953071_n.jpg)