PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed: Wedding photographer not coming through

adam c
08-30-2012, 05:42 PM
So I really hate post this as the person was great in the begining but since that I don't know what has happened

Back in March my wife and I got married, I posted a thread on beyond and after receiving some PM's decided on a person to be the wedding photographer.

Communication was difficult but everything got worked out and he conducted a engagement session for free and an evening of our wedding. We were told that we would have the pictures 2-3 weeks after the wedding was done but might be delayed due to him having to leave the country for jobs, no big deal we though. He was also going to give us a printed booklet for free - great we though this guy is awesome.

Well fast forward it is now August 30, we have received half of our photos and every time myself or my wife tries to contact him he gives us the run around.
Originally he was waiting for the supplies so he could give us the printed album but that was supposed to be in June. Every couple weeks since the start of July we have asked him for the pictures only to be told only a couple days longer

We have offered to meet him in person to pick up the CD with the pictures and even offered to have a courier sent to his location to have the pictures picked up. Each time he gives us the run around again

I'm ready to do a charge back on my CC because this has become seriously BS

CanmoreOrLess
08-30-2012, 05:46 PM
A letter from a lawyer and threatened outing on Beyond will do wonders for a fire to be lit under his ass. Might reverse the order and give it 24 hours, nothing more and let him know he has 24 hours and not a second more. You've allowed him to do all he has done so far, time to take off the velvet glove.

adam c
08-30-2012, 05:52 PM
Last I heard his account was banned on beyond, I don't know if he's created another one or not

Other issues, he didn't give us a copy of our contract and other than his email address & website I have no way of contacting him

Marsh
08-30-2012, 05:54 PM
I know its pretty frustrating, but most photographers do exactly what this guy is doing. Summer is wedding season, so most of these guys book themselves up like crazy with sessions etc, then they usually start developing photos/albums in the fall months when things slow down.

Not every photographer is like that, but in my experience for wedding related stuff thats usually what happens.

adam c
08-30-2012, 05:55 PM
I know that but the wedding was March 30

blitz
08-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by adam c
So I really hate post this as the person was great in the begining but since that I don't know what has happened

Back in March my wife and I got married, I posted a thread on beyond and after receiving some PM's decided on a person to be the wedding photographer.

Communication was difficult but everything got worked out and he conducted a engagement session for free and an evening of our wedding. We were told that we would have the pictures 2-3 weeks after the wedding was done but might be delayed due to him having to leave the country for jobs, no big deal we though. He was also going to give us a printed booklet for free - great we though this guy is awesome.

Well fast forward it is now August 30, we have received half of our photos and every time myself or my wife tries to contact him he gives us the run around.
Originally he was waiting for the supplies so he could give us the printed album but that was supposed to be in June. Every couple weeks since the start of July we have asked him for the pictures only to be told only a couple days longer

We have offered to meet him in person to pick up the CD with the pictures and even offered to have a courier sent to his location to have the pictures picked up. Each time he gives us the run around again

I'm ready to do a charge back on my CC because this has become seriously BS

Banned wedding photographer you say?

Outing him on Beyond is probably the easiest place to start. You've waited long enough, just call him out here.

Is there "Pixels" and "Love" in his website name?

spikerS
08-30-2012, 06:30 PM
or one that might sound like it should be a car? made by mitsu?

Melinda
08-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Not speculating who, but 5 months and only half your photos with a run around on the other half, I'd wager there was a lost or corrupt memory card and you're not likely to see the rest. I certainly hope that's not the case for you, but it seems like the cowardly actions of a photog who won't man up and tell the truth.

Sending sympathy your way, and especially to your wife, such a stressful situation to be dealing with :(

Unknown303
08-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Do a charge back. Then if he decided to come through negotiate a better price for the inconvenience.

googe
08-30-2012, 08:23 PM
The photographer that has been banned repeatedly is pretty unprofessional. You were definitely asking for trouble by doing business with him through PM.

adam c
08-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by googe
The photographer that has been banned repeatedly is pretty unprofessional. You were definitely asking for trouble by doing business with him through PM.

Say what you will, at the time of business he wasn't banned and covered his tracks fairly well, thanks to a different beyonder I have been told the real truth albeit too late to change

Kevin I know you are probably reading this, I'm giving you one week to give us our pictures, ALL our pictures as you told us at the time of contract signing, this includes the ones that you haven't edited as you promised us

I don't care about the album anymore or the family session, give us the damn pictures

J-hop
08-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Sorry for your luck OP, thanks for the heads up, we will be looking for a photographer soon and don't want to be caught up in something like this.

Not sure if its the same person but if its KH he has 14 BBB complaints filed against him...

88jbody
08-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by spikers
or one that might sound like it should be a car? made by mitsu?

I sure as hell know who you are implying would not.

rage2
08-30-2012, 10:19 PM
Say what you will, at the time of business he wasn't banned and covered his tracks fairly well, thanks to a different beyonder I have been told the real truth albeit too late to change

Kevin I know you are probably reading this, I'm giving you one week to give us our pictures, ALL our pictures as you told us at the time of contract signing, this includes the ones that you haven't edited as you promised us

I don't care about the album anymore or the family session, give us the damn pictures
Sorry to hear. There's a reason why Kevin's been banned here again and again, and we encourage members to report him while doing business over PM's. Sad to say, you're not the first victim, and probably not the last.

Best thing you can do really is start a new thread with all of his current and past business names, and hope that he doesn't rope in another beyonder in the future. At a minimum, he'll have to change his business name again to hide it.

Probably not what you want to hear, but good luck with the ordeal. From talking to victim's past, you're not going to get much now that it's out in the open. He gets really defensive once bad reviews are out in the public. I hope I'm wrong.

JRSC00LUDE
08-30-2012, 10:47 PM
It's a shame when other peoples lives don't matter to people.

Palmiros
08-31-2012, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by rage2
He gets really defensive once bad reviews are out in the public. I hope I'm wrong.

You would think he wouldn't place himself in a situation for that to happen, if he dislikes bad reviews so much.

I'm not sure who this "photographer" is but I really hope you get the pictures eventually; especially considering it's a once in a life time event.

As mentioned above by Melinda though, it almost sounds like he already gave you all the pictures he had; otherwise why would he make the effort in the first place, and only give you half, particularly if you're mentioning they have not been edited.

Good luck!

v2kai
08-31-2012, 01:16 AM
Can someone PM me who this guy and is company are called. Just in the process of picking a wedding photographer as well and I want to avoid this sorta thing at all costs.

Hope you get your photos OP

Melinda
08-31-2012, 02:04 AM
V2kai if it is Kevin then his company name is currently pixels of love. He changed it about a year ago, before that I think he was kh photography.

Again, SUPER sorry to hear about this Adam. Unfortunately rage is right. If he does have your photos, chances are they're not going to be easy to get. And be prepared for threats of fictitious lawyers suing you for slander and all that insanity. Don't sweat that stuff too much though, I've been at the business end of one or two such hissy fits from him, (beyond has too actually), he's got no leg to stand on.

Again, if this is Kevin, aka pea soup aka quazimoto, I'd get the process started at the crack of dawn tomorrow to get your credit card charges reversed. If he comes up with the photos, then pay him a revised sum at that point. But my instincts are telling me he'll wipe his brow and walk away quietly, glad to be done with you.

Hopefully the photos you did get from him are good enough to make it to your wall or into your album :(

For those looking for photographers for your wedding, any photog that will give you unedited images is a red flag. I wasn't actually aware Kevin did that. It screams laziness and lack of pride in a finished product. Kind of a wham-bam-thank-you-maam mentality. Those same qualities will often show through in other aspects of their professionalism.

ex1z7
08-31-2012, 06:30 AM
Sucks, I always enjoyed seeing Kevin's images in the photography section - he seemed like a massive dick back then and I guess he still is now.. But at least he had a few cool shots..?

R-Audi
08-31-2012, 08:44 AM
I feel your pain...
Not sure if you say my thread a while back but we went through almost the exact same ordeal, except in the end it was Kevin that helped us out when Mike Boldt screwed us over.

I hope Kevin comes through for you, he was a saving grace for us. I know he might not have carried on with his business correctly on Beyond, (via pming for business) but he sure saved us when no one else would.

clem24
08-31-2012, 10:17 AM
Give the guy a break.. He's been busy player Poker.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/357910/omg-i-actually-won-a-tournament-on-pokerstars/

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I really hope this gets resolved soon.

v2kai
08-31-2012, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Melinda
V2kai if it is Kevin then his company name is currently pixels of love. He changed it about a year ago, before that I think he was kh photography.

Thanks Melinda, we were actually looking at pixels of love so I'm glad I came across this thread.

kenny
08-31-2012, 12:02 PM
If said photographer keeps changing the company name, why doesn't someone write a negative review of the photographer (including pictures) so the slate cannot be wiped clean with a quick company name change?

Strider
08-31-2012, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by clem24
Give the guy a break.. He's been busy player Poker.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/357910/omg-i-actually-won-a-tournament-on-pokerstars/

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I really hope this gets resolved soon.

Sorry for the hijack, but dflamzer is kevin (aka pea_soup, quazimoto)?

Lol... that explains all the wannabe lawyer bullshit in the distracted driving ticket thread.

BananaFob
08-31-2012, 01:43 PM
Last I heard his account was banned on beyond, I don't know if he's created another one or not

Other issues, he didn't give us a copy of our contract and other than his email address & website I have no way of contacting him

Quick search on google:

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/pixels-of-love-calgary

Pixels of Love
Category: Photographers [Edit]
6641 Huntsbay RD NW
Calgary, AB T2K 4R2
(403) 461-3882
http://www.pixelsoflove.ca

OU812
08-31-2012, 02:13 PM
Taken from the site:

Do I receive a DVD with my package?

No. We provide our clients with something significantly better. The major problem with DVDs is that they are typically rated for a period of 5 years of reliability. Our prefer’d method of delivering photographs to the client is on a customized USB flash drive that will work on just about any device you can think of and will last your life time.

USB Flash drives are a must due to the number of files and file sizes in we provide to the client. Not only is it more reliable but a lot easier for the client to display with family and friends.
Basic Package – $2500.00

Coverage of Bride getting dressed, Ceremony, Formals and Bridal Party Photos (Approx 6 hours)
1 DVD with up to 1000 edited photographs in JPEG format
1 complimentary engagement session

Spice Package – $3500.00

Coverage of Bride getting dressed, Ceremony, Formals and Bridal Party Photos (Approx 6 hours)
1 DVD with up to 1000 edited photographs in JPEG format
Matching 10″x10″ Wedding Album & Engagement/Guest Signing Album
One 16″x24″ full aluminum acrylic art print. No framing required!

Full Day Spice Package – $4200.00

Coverage of Bride getting dressed, Ceremony, Formals, Bridal Party Photos and Reception (Approx 12 hours)
1 DVD with up to 2000 edited photographs in JPEG format
Matching 10″x10″ Wedding Album & Engagement/Guest Signing Album
One 16″x24″ full aluminum acrylic art print. No framing required!

so do i get a dvd or a usb.......quite contradictory IMO reason to avoid right there??

:dunno:

DeleriousZ
08-31-2012, 02:50 PM
Sounds like it was someone else's pricing that was copy pasted then not edited properly.

It sucks to say, but the whole 'you get what you pay for' thing tends to stand true. Wedding photographers are expensive as fuck, so going with a 'deal' or 'cheap' one, even though they may still seem very expensive, will probably end up costing you a lot more than money in the end.

It's funny that they say 'edited' too, for that many photo's and what they're charging, the editing probably isn't much more than white balance and Maybe some colour correction.

v2kai
08-31-2012, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Strider

Sorry for the hijack, but dflamzer is kevin (aka pea_soup, quazimoto)?

Lol... that explains all the wannabe lawyer bullshit in the distracted driving ticket thread.

if dflamzer is one in the same I'm glad you posted. I was about to offer him some free help with some soldering needs... I think I'll hold off

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/358891/shops-in-calgary-that-do-fine-electronic-soldering/

spikerS
08-31-2012, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by 88jbody

I sure as hell know who you are implying would not.

He was the first one I thought of that was a photog and banned a lot, but I thought it was strange as that would not be his MO to do that to a client. I would have been shocked if it was him, and still would have a hard time believing it.

ga16i
08-31-2012, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by spikers

He was the first one I thought of that was a photog and banned a lot, but I thought it was strange as that would not be his MO to do that to a client. I would have been shocked if it was him, and still would have a hard time believing it.

When I first heard photog and banned a lot, I immediately thought of someone whose name started with Dave and ended with a later letter of the alphabet. But I guess there's a larger market for banned photogs on beyond than I thought :D

prosh
01-04-2013, 09:31 AM

Was there any resolution in your ordeal with him?

Just curious because I saw this on CP and noticed the images very similar to some of the stuff he's sold on beyond in the past.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=123159

adam c
01-04-2013, 09:40 AM
The resolution is as follows
Received a burned DVD with mostly unedited pictures not the customized USB as per his website
Never received the photo album like he said he was going to provide for free but I don't care about that anymore since you can make your own at places like superstore

Mitsu3000gt
01-04-2013, 09:45 AM
If it's Kevin (Quazi/peasoup), this is very surprising as he has actually gone FAR out of this way to help R-Audi out of this exact situation before with another photographer. Doesn't seem like his usual self - not that the timing is acceptable, but maybe there is legitimately something going on outside his control. Reading this thread though, it seems there is more to the story.

adam c
01-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Whatever his story was its been dealt with, the mods have already dealt with it as well and have a copy of the emails that went back and forth in case this ever comes up again

blitz
01-04-2013, 10:10 AM
I'll be diplomatic and just say I think he's an emotionally unstable dick who's not particularly talented. That might be part of the problem.

taemo
01-04-2013, 10:52 AM
good news is that if you google "pixels of love calgary", this thread is #5.

GOnSHO
01-04-2013, 11:01 AM
wow, kinda glad my ex and i never got to the point of paying a photog for our wedding, we had originally decided to go with him!!

eyes WIDE open now...

Penis McNickels
01-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by blitz
I'll be diplomatic and just say I think he's an emotionally unstable dick who's not particularly talented. That might be part of the problem.

Oh come on...

That guy brings entertainment wherever he goes.