PDA

View Full Version : ezcarsandtrucks.com / James Stewart

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

C_Dave45
09-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Scam: Owner; James Stewart. Also worked for greatcarsandtrucks.com who were convicted of unfair trading practices.

You know the type; You post up an ad on Kijiji for your vehicle for sale, and then two days later, this company calls you, offering to put it on THEIR website for $150 with a 90-day money-back guarantee if it doesn't sell.
Anyone?

*edit* Uhh...I'm not asking if I should do it or not. I'm well aware of what they are. I'm looking people who've been shafted by them. I just dug up all the info of the guy who owns ezcarsandtrucks...just looking for past/present customers of his.

rage2
09-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Scam, just like all the other sites asking you for money.

lilmira
09-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Waste of money and time, just hang up.

Or offer to sell to the person for 300 less than the asking price. Since they are so good at selling it they can keep the 300.

C_Dave45
09-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Yeah, I'm quite aware of their tactics and what they are. There was another company called "Greatcarsandtrucks.com" (http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2010/07/29/calgary-greatcarsandtrucks-online-website-auto-sales-charges.html?ref=rss) that was busted for "unfair trading practices". They went under in 2008,and lo and behold this "ezcarsandtrucks" has had 18 different domain name changes SINCE 2008, but I haven't found any linking names, directors or owners.

Just find it very ironic, the name and the timing. Just wondered if anyone had been approached by them.

corsvette
09-04-2012, 04:42 PM
They often try me when I advertise heavy trucks or equipment. They " have several buyers lined up" all with financing already approved. Last guy wanted $1,000 up front for his services.

Skyline_Addict
09-04-2012, 04:58 PM
these guys are a joke. i received several phone calls from these companies everyday when I had a car listed on autotrader.

Graham_A_M
09-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Yeah man, dont even waste a second of your time with them, their absolute clowns with all the ethic & business practices of a brick.

Funny, Ive had no other calls, but these guys somehow have buyers lined up down the street eh? oh, okie dokie. Will you take Visa for your sign up fees? :rolleyes:

masoncgy
09-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Yeah, they call me all the time.

"We have lots of buyers waiting."

Really? Must be a weird town if no one would call me directly and only use some obscure third party agency to buy.

Piss up a rope!

max_boost
09-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Don't do it!

There is Beyond, Kijiji, Auto Trader, why the heck would you want to use their services?! If the vehicle is priced well, it will sell!

CapnCrunch
09-05-2012, 06:07 AM
Lol at nobody reading the first post.:rofl:

95teetee
09-05-2012, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch
Lol at nobody reading the first post.:rofl: they all posted before he added that part (based on the time of the edit, and assuming the edit added the part you're referring to.

C_Dave45
09-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by 95teetee
they all posted before he added that part (based on the time of the edit, and assuming the edit added the part you're referring to. Correct...but it looks like they also missed my 2nd post. Seems most just read the OP, then hit "reply" without reading the posts after the OP. LOL.

Stealth22
09-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Don't do it!

There is Beyond, Kijiji, Auto Trader, why the heck would you want to use their services?! If the vehicle is priced well, it will sell!
:werd:

People can surprise you. We had a car that I thought no one would want...nothing wrong with it mechanically or anything, I just hated it, and there were much better cars you could get in the same class. :dunno:

Eventually, a guy came along and bought it for a couple hundred less than the asking price! :rofl:

C_Dave45
09-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Stealth22

People can surprise you. We had a car that I thought no one would want...nothing wrong with it mechanically or anything, I just hated it, and there were much better cars you could get in the same class. :dunno:

Eventually, a guy came along and bought it for a couple hundred less than the asking price! :rofl:

http://www.zcar.com/custom/images/phorum/14772_interesting.jpg

G-ZUS
09-05-2012, 01:53 PM

There's a seat for every ass

C_Dave45
09-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Oh this story is getting better and better.

ezcarsandtrucks.com is owned by a guy who worked at "greatcarsandtrucks.com"

He's going off on a rant calling potential customers as "jerk offs", "idiots", "dumbasses"...and then posts a giant blog he calls:

'Here is a story of a Tragety:" (yes his actual spelling)

http://www.facebook.com/notes/james-stewart/where-i-got-my-business-website-from/10151021492191837

If you're bored and want a good laugh, "a la beyond CSI" style, read here:

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=146495 (starts at post #10)

ezcarsandtrucks.com

Owned by Jim Stewart, formerly of "greatcarsandtrucks.com" (http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2010/07/29/calgary-greatcarsandtrucks-online-website-auto-sales-charges.html?ref=rss)

Shyster!!

http://i47.tinypic.com/kbc687.jpg

Quoted so he doesn't try to take it down. TLDR Warning.

Here is a story of a Tragety:

In 2002 I was working for the Toronto Star when a friend of mine called me and asked what I thought of a sales idea. It was internet based, and they were calling people in the Auto Trader and asking them to list on a website.

The Auto Trader at the time was charging $60 every 2 weeks for a listing, and this company he wanted to work for offered a larger ad, for $60, but it would run until the vehicle sold, and they would give them a 90 day money back Guarantee.

Well I had never heard of such a thing, but my reaction was YES! I mean with the "Do not Call Registry going on, this was a way around it. These people were ASKING you to call about their car! So you are. Sorry... that slips through all the loopholes!

Also, it was not a bad concept. $60? How many people are gonna ask for their money back, when they do not have to pay again and again with the Auto Trader? So I advised him to take the job.

Well, I was on my way back to Calgary anyway, as even though I was making $1,500 per week + in Ontario, working for the Toronto Star, selling Newspaper Subscriptions, and only working maybe 20 hours per week... it was expensive to live there. AND I could not hire a team, as this was commission, and since it was so expensive to live in Ontario, people needed a "guaranteed income"... and so I was on my own there. I wanted to go back out West.

I had an idea of selling Video Certificates (door to door) and running a sales team to do that. Glad I fell flat on my face, as you know, the Video Market has taken a eternal "Nose Dive".

So I hooked up with this guy, and I entered their office. They were kinda lost, as they had a few hundred vehicles listed in Alberta, and Ontario, but the only guy who actually sold anything there "in mass" was the Manager, Chris. At first he basically gave away the ads, just to populate the site. They needed me.

Well, there was no "Sales Pitch" and so I had to invent one, but a good intoroduction was... "If I could get you a buyer, at your selling price... I mean a Guaranteed Buyer... would that be worth $60 to you?".

Well it worked, and soon we had 15 people working in the Office. Cars, Trucks, Farm Machinery, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles... heck we even got a couple of Planes!

Site expanded from Alberta & Ontario, first BC... then the rest of the West, finally Quebec & the Maritimes... the Company finally paid the programmer to open the USA. One other guy would compete with me for top, but I found out later that his girlfriend (the secretary) was feeding him all the "call ins"... as with 15 people, some would decide later to list and just call the Company directly. We got an 800 number. Soon we had local numbers for each major City.

A Sales Manager came in who was just "Right on Top of it" and he did what I would do. Offer CASH for the next 2 sales! Bonus time! Daily and weekly & it motivated the Office. 20,000 vehicles then & somebody came up with another great idea.

Let's offer Financing! Well yes! Now experienced, I could see that if a vehicle was worth over $10,000, there was NO WAY they were gonna have that money in their back pocket! Also I saw that many people had "test drivers" that wanted to buy... but when they went to get financing... they all of a sudden dissapeared. I understood then how much the finance companies were in "cohoots" with the Dealerships, and after talking to a few Dealers, I understood why.

Finance Companies don't want to finance a Private Vehicle. Anything could happen to it, and they would be left holding the bag. Yet not if they dealt with Dealerships. Also, the dealerships were giving them kick backs. So in reality, anyone who qualified for a loan over $10,000, would be talked out of the Private Sale, as that was THEIR job!

The Owner had some Dealer friends, and they all agreed to finance people who wanted to buy vehicles on our site. WOW! Great Selling Feature! Except I quickly learned that if people went to them for financing, they were more interested in selling what was on THEIR lots, as they would rather make money out of BOTH ends.

Well it was around this time that my Favorite Manager quit, as he had too many other things he was involved with and something had to go. He reccomended me as his replacement, but in the VAST intelligence of the Owner, he chose a guy begging for the job, wo was a rip off. This guy would tell customers that he already had a specific buyer for their vehicle, and just to list it, as it would be sold.

At this point, I walked out of the Office and went home to work. Asked "hey who told you that you could work from home?", I replied "Do you want my sales or not?"! Yea they did as I was their best.

Now we are at 40,000 vehicles, and we are getting piles of people that want their money back, as their vehicle did not sell. Yet they had to follow the rules. We needed a Notarized Copy of their Title or Ownership within 10 days of the 90 days to give the refund. Notaries cost $45. Who is gonna pay that to get back $60? Yet they complained anyway.

They complained to the BBB, and at first the Owner would weekly show the BBB why they were not qualified for a refund, and the BBB agreed. However after a few months, the Owner got tired of going down to the BBB to explain the exact same thing.

Part of the problem was the Money Back Guarantee was hidden. You had to click on it to see it. However it still was in black and white, and totally reasonable. Why should we give you your money back if you no longer own the car? Show me proof that you own the car! The only way you can do that legally is with a Notary.

Still, it was then, that I went to the Owner and pleaded... "Give them their frigging money back! It's bad Karma Man! Look... how many really want it back? 2%? " Oh you have no idea, he exclaimed. Well I said..."even if it is 10% (which I doubt) it is better to shut them up, as over $60 they will cause you no end of trouble!".

He just ignored me, and we raised our price to $100 as we went into the USA. Well you know what happens when the BBB gets too many complaints without a response? They PUBLISH "This Company is no longer responding to complaints"!

Well you know what customers do when they see that? They paid with Visa or Mastercard, so they call Visa and Mastercard! Visa & Mastercard do not fool around... they just take away your Merchant Account. They did.

When Great Cars and Trucks folded up we had over 65,000 vehicles in North America, and we were getting compliments as how fast their vehicle sold! Yet under it went.

My money back guarantee is totally visible, on the front page. There is NO question about how to get your money back. I still need a Notary. However anyone who ever goes to the BBB will get their money back, guilty or innocent! And my financing? NO DEALERS! Just ONE "Good Credit Bad Credit" organization which I give an EXCLUSIVE right to ALL ads in their region, under the conditions that they finance 97% of the people who apply! They are NOT allowed to turn those Customers into Dealer deals, and if I find out they do... they lose their "exclusive rights"!

Yet GC&T got shut down and it was a great idea. A Million Dollar Enterprize. Even though it was a situation where the complainers had nothing really to complain about. $100 and their ad stays listed "with financing" until it sells, and the Auto Trader was charging the same amount at that time for 2 weeks, with NO financing, and NO Money Back Guarantee, these morons complained anyway (as I expected they would) and not only did it destroy this great venture, but the Owner is now facing charges... from stupid people: http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2010/07/29/calgary-greatcarsandtrucks-online-website-auto-sales-charges.html?ref=rss

I am NOT going down that road!

Hope you enjoyed the story. My website with Molly Garvey's help is just gonna get a lot more Professional NOW. www.ezcarsandtrucks.com

AaronK
09-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Yeah they contacted me when I had my last car up for sale.

Royle9
09-06-2012, 10:11 AM

You'd be surprised what people buy these days just to bomb around town.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/answers/1934000/1934138_1314508258557.53res_300_300.jpg

James2013
03-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Ezcarsandtrucks is in the process of getting accredited with the BBB & has NEVER had one justifiable complaint.

The price is shown CLEARLY and not even close to any of the competition. Nobody claims to have buyers. All that is set up is financing for the vehicles, which is necessary if you are selling a vehicle over $10,000 in most cases. In MOST cases, average finance companies do not wish to finance private sales. It only takes experience selling vehicles to learn that.

There is a CLEAR "terms of agreement" with a CLEAR written Money Back Policy.

What people posting here are doing is bad mouthing a fair business with a decent record, citing other Companies that they have dealt with that do NOT have:

-Written Money Back Policy

-Financing & Forms for Financing clearly on the website

-A secure way of paying ONLINE

-Past issues and problems.

Again, there has never been a justified complaint, of ANYONE ever who has listed on the site, as not getting what they were promised. Postings by people here bad mouthing and mud slinging are worse than unscrupulous!

FIRST have an ISSUE. THEN complain! Do NOT say that "some other company" or "companies like this" did this or that. If you have nothing specific to say, say NOTHING.

Just because some Roofer did a bad job on your roof, does NOT mean that ALL roofers are rip offs!

JRSC00LUDE
03-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by James2013
Just because some Roofer did a bad job on your roof, does NOT mean that ALL roofers are rip offs!

Well if the other roofing company was owned by the same hack then it likely would. :dunno:

What people posting here are doing is bad mouthing a fair business with a decent record, citing other Companies that they have dealt with that do NOT have:

From the CBC article regaring greatcarsandtrucks.com:

Originally posted by CBC News
The site boasted of a risk-free, money-back guarantee

:confused:

JRSC00LUDE
03-05-2013, 02:04 PM

James2013
03-05-2013, 02:05 PM
As it is NOT the same owner!

James2013
03-05-2013, 02:08 PM
AND the company YOU post about is NOT the same company. What they had or did NOT have or what they complied with or did NOT comply with has NOTHING to do with ezcarsandtrucks.com

KRyn
03-05-2013, 02:12 PM

If you have nothing specific to say, say NOTHING.

James, welcome to the internet. Where people can and will say whatever they please (all within the rules of the law of course). It is apparent that you have some sort of connection to ezcarsandtrucks.com (I assume you are an employee or something). Please prepare your anus for a good quality reaming.

Disoblige
03-05-2013, 02:12 PM
lol ezcarsandtrucks.com looks so sketchy. Go on it and you will see. Alarm bells ringing every where.

James2013
03-05-2013, 02:15 PM
That is exactly why this site is so unscrupulous! Bullshit posts by people who have NEVER had a complaint about the company. Never had a vehicle listed. Just badmouthing for the sake of badmouthing.

I have nothing else to say on the subject.

A790
03-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Your site needs work. Get rid of the "click the logo to enter" page.

BerserkerCatSplat
As it is NOT the same owner!

Hi, Mr. Stewart! The OP didn't say you were the owner of greatcarsandtrucks.com, he said you worked for them - which is true, yes? You sold ads for them, it's even on your LinkedIn page. :dunno:

ercchry
Ezcarsandtrucks is in the process of getting accredited with the BBB & has NEVER had one justifiable complaint.

The price is shown CLEARLY and not even close to any of the competition. Nobody claims to have buyers. All that is set up is financing for the vehicles, which is necessary if you are selling a vehicle over $10,000 in most cases. In MOST cases, average finance companies do not wish to finance private sales. It only takes experience selling vehicles to learn that.

Again, there has never been a justified complaint, of ANYONE ever who has listed on the site, as not getting what they were promised. Postings by people here bad mouthing and mud slinging are worse than unscrupulous!

FIRST have an ISSUE. THEN complain! Do NOT say that "some other company" or "companies like this" did this or that. If you have nothing specific to say, say NOTHING.

so... what do i get for my money?

exposure? uh, never heard of your company before... so... nope

financing? well... i can go to my bank and get a personal loan, or a LOC... so... nope

money back for service? well... if i use a free service... im not out of pocket to begin with... so... nope

a way to pay online? why? i rather just hand someone a bank draft

face it, you are a dinosaur who doesnt know how to sell in this new world

A790
03-05-2013, 02:19 PM
That is exactly why this site is so unscrupulous! Bullshit posts by people who have NEVER had a complaint about the company. Never had a vehicle listed. Just badmouthing for the sake of badmouthing.

This is a pretty bad way of responding to a community like this. All it does is alienate your company from the people here (all hundred thousand (or more) of us).

C_Dave45
03-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Rofl....aaaand here comes "Teflon Jim" out of the ashes again.
Wow....accredited by BBB...that's quite an accomplishment. :rolleyes:

DeleriousZ
03-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Goddamn I love this forum. So much entertainment, so much anger.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DGGcdZ4KYbA/T5FeDLPuJJI/AAAAAAAACKo/2ofTef2oC0w/s640/good-good-let-the-jimmies-rustle-through-you.png

Cos
03-05-2013, 02:25 PM

speedog
03-05-2013, 02:29 PM

A newbie and a 6 month bump - yeah, I'd dare say that James2013 has a very personal connection to what's being discussed in this thread. Nothing like coming in with both guns a blazing.

Disoblige
03-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by A790

This is a pretty bad way of responding to a community like this. All it does is alienate your company from the people here (all hundred thousand (or more) of us).
Exactly. I wouldn't reply with what I did if he didn't seem like a huge tool on that other forum and on here.

James2013
03-05-2013, 02:41 PM
Try it! If it works... great! If you advertise in the paper it costs money. Same with MOST forms of advertising.

Do you think MOST people have the kind of money you are asking in their back pocket? If not, then they cannot buy without financing approval.

So... what happens when they go for the loan? Does someone just give them money and send them back to you? OR do they talk them out of your vehicle and sell them a DEALER vehicle instead?

Oh does that make any sense? Deal with a dealer, and if anything goes wrong with the vehicle, they can demand satisfaction or NEVER finance through that dealer again? <=== Does that make any sense at all?

No... you think they will just negate any security of that happening and deal with ANY Tom Dick or Harry selling a vehicle huh? Well if they did that, they would have to be more of a "High Risk Finance Company" would you not think?

Well? Is that where YOUR buyer is going to? Or is YOUR buyer going to a bank? Do you even know? As if you do NOT know, then you really are not up on your game are you? You might just be wasting your time test driving your vehicle with a bunch of people going to banks and NOT being able to get financing for YOUR private sale. Ever think of that? Probably not. You just want to sell your vehicle and you never gave too much thought as to where the money comes from do you?

Did you try going to the Dealer and see if the Dealer would buy it? If you did, you probably were not impressed with the price they offered. Do you know why they offer such a low price and will not budge on it? Simple.

They KNOW this! They KNOW that you have very little chance of selling your vehicle privately if you do not have financing backing you up. They know that "High Risk" finance Companies are not on the average buyers "Speed Dial". Nor does the average buyer even know they exist. So they will gladly let you TRY to sell it on your own, and wait until you are sick and tired of spending money and time doing it. Then you will take what they originally offered.

So, when you pay a "nominal fee" for a service that has gone to the advance work of getting the "High Risk Guys" to finance the vehicles, because they are getting "exclusive rights" for financing in a Province, then people can get pre approved BEFORE they test drive and you do not have to waste your time.

Now it all comes down to how much your time is worth. How many test drives have you wasted your time on, and then had them go out to get financing on, never to see them again?

It all comes down to letting people do THEIR job, and you getting the service. If you like having the "High Risk" financing already set up beforehand, and the fact that nobody needs to test drive your vehicle UNLESS they are pre-approved, and you are NOT wasting your time ... then ezcarsandtrucks MAY be your best solution.

If not, you can simply say NO, and advertise yourself with NO financing whatsoever, hoping that you are not wasting your time again and again with a bunch of people who will not be able to get financing for your vehicle if they want to. You can hope maybe for the 10% of people with that kind of money you are looking for "already in their back pocket" & you can see how long it will take you to sell it.

The Dealer knows! That is why the Dealer HAS financing. That is why the Dealer is going to offer you so much less for your vehicle than YOU know it is worth.

ercchry
03-05-2013, 02:47 PM
wtf are you going on about?

WHO THE HELL READS A PAPER COPY OF THE NEWSPAPER?! :rofl:

you ever hear of kijiji? company makes money dealing with B2B while the end user gets a solid FREE service

when i want to buy, i visit my bank... i say, hey i want a loan for a car! they say, okay... how old? more than 2 years? private loan, or a LOC is your best option... you are approved for a loan of $xxxxxx then i know what i can afford.. and i got search for it... on a free classifieds site! even auto trader is free now

G-ZUS
03-05-2013, 02:48 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

KRyn
03-05-2013, 02:52 PM
James unfortunately for all of us you write like turtles fuck; poorly.

How many test drives have you wasted your time on, and then had them go out to get financing on, never to see them again?

None, I don't dabble with tire kickers. With just a little common sense you can immediately distinguish between tire kickers and potential buyers.

James2013
03-05-2013, 03:03 PM
You can believe anything YOU choose. There is a good REASON why dealers offer you so much less. If you could sell it easily on your own, they certainly would negotiate better. Yet they do not. Why?

You know short of calling anyone stupid here, I will just say that if YOU were in the Vehicle selling business, and you did not have financing available for your customers, and they all had to go out and find financing on their own... YOU would not be in business very long!

That only makes common sense. Plain and simply, anyone trying to sell a vehicle for $10,000 or more, who thinks that nobody is going to need financing to buy their vehicle is out to lunch!

Now maybe YOU have no problem getting a loan. Maybe YOU own a house, or have an excellent credit rating. Very good. What percentage of the people YOU have test drive are in that boat? Do you even know?

Would you feel uncomfortable asking them a bunch of financial questions BEFORE they test drive? Well... if so... welcome to the Club!

Face it! You want a buyer. You do NOT want to quiz them first. Now the ONLY question is... do you want "Qualified Buyers" taking up your time test driving your vehicle? So much so that it would be worth $150 rather than wasting your time with unqualified ones?

If it would be worth it to have all the Dealer has set up for selling vehicles and more with "High Risk Financing" available to sell your vehicle, and it is only going to cost you $150 for that... it just might be worth it to you! Especially if you get a Money Back Guarantee. What have you to lose, by paying for the service? Huh? If it is too much... just say NO & spend the days, weeks, or months selling it on your own with no backing whatsoever.

sxtasy
03-05-2013, 03:04 PM
blah blah blah
Or should we call you Jim?

Any business that cold calls and annoys with high pressure sales tactics only serves to piss people off. I would guess that your financing affiliates are just as shady. Sorry but I never have and never will ever consider using or supporting any business of your nature.

This thread will really turn into a shit show now that you've showed up and started running your mouth. Any guesses as to how many pages this will turn into now?:rofl:

Disoblige
03-05-2013, 03:10 PM
James, are you a robot or something? Why do you keep repeating yourself in this annoying fashion? I can't imagine what you are like when you're calling people.

ercchry
03-05-2013, 03:13 PM
its people like james here that helped tank the world economy... if im selling a used car, im not helping a financially retarded person buy it

James2013
03-05-2013, 03:19 PM
I can't imagine why you guys have so much time to sit around bad mouthing companies doing an honest job.

-Going to the work to set up financing with the CLOUT of many vehicles

-Designing a well made site for you to advertise on (Much superior to Kijijii)

-Offering a Money Back Guarantee

Doing their frigging job! Find some company DOING something uscrupulous and bad mouth them!

Wake up call:

Advertise on free websites and get calls with:

-Curbers (people looking to chisel you down in price as much as they can)

-Scam Artists (trying to look for some sucker they can get a vehicle from for nothing)

-Unqualified people HOPING to buy a vehicle like yours

-And finally decent companies with a BETTER way! The Auto Trader will call you, possibly the paper, or a number of other companies & unless you look at what is offered (rather than labeling everything a scam), you will never know if it is worth trying or not!

JRSC00LUDE
03-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Who goes shopping for a private sale car before they have the money arranged? I don't think I've ever encountered that. :dunno:

Why do dealers give you so much less for a trade? Ummmmmm, profit margin? :dunno:

Your arguments don't even stay coherent enough to make logical sense, how the hell do you even run a business?

Dude, do you realize that you can defend yourself and offer a rebuttal in a professional manner instead of ranting on like a braying idiot? If you can't even respond to criticism, or the dissemination of what you perceive to be incorrect information, in a frank and professional way then how the hell could you expect anyone to think you could offer any better of a business experience?

If you don't possess the capacity to present yourself as being legitimately professional in your dealings, it is because you aren't. It's not something you turn on and off.

Obviously not......perhaps it's time to reconsider.

lilmira
03-05-2013, 03:36 PM
64cj7Q9c_YA

ndhal417
03-05-2013, 03:38 PM
People buy cars from kijiji because they DON'T want to deal with dealerships and finance companies offering credit to anyone at insane interest rates. Usually the people that buy person to person will either have enough money saved or know how much money a bank will lend them before they start looking.

Nobody looking for a Honda CR-V is going to buy my BMW X5 just because they can get a bogus financing deal.

My_name_is_Rob
03-05-2013, 04:06 PM
I'm guessing this aggressive company sales pitch is inspired by either a previous job in vacuum cleaner sales, or a JW background. :dunno:

A790
03-05-2013, 04:38 PM
I can't imagine why you guys have so much time to sit around bad mouthing companies doing an honest job.

-Going to the work to set up financing with the CLOUT of many vehicles
-> Excellent value-add. Good idea.

-Designing a well made site for you to advertise on (Much superior to Kijijii)
-> Traffic > website design. Your website needs a lot of work.

-Offering a Money Back Guarantee
-> This is a bullshit guarantee and you know it. To pay to get something notarized to get my $60 back? Your guarantee is far from consumer friendly. Stop lying to us, and yourself, and make it a legitimate guarantee and people will take you seriously.

Doing their frigging job! Find some company DOING something uscrupulous and bad mouth them!
-> What are you referring to?

Wake up call:

Advertise on free websites and get calls with:

-Curbers (people looking to chisel you down in price as much as they can)
-> This comes from all ad sources, Autotrader included.

-Scam Artists (trying to look for some sucker they can get a vehicle from for nothing)
-> Same as above.

-Unqualified people HOPING to buy a vehicle like yours
-> Same as above.

-And finally decent companies with a BETTER way! The Auto Trader will call you, possibly the paper, or a number of other companies &amp; unless you look at what is offered (rather than labeling everything a scam), you will never know if it is worth trying or not!
See my comments in quote.

VWEvo
03-05-2013, 04:49 PM
I checked out the website, and noticed some listings. I noticed that the listings have phone numbers posted just like any other website. No where does it "prequalify" me and sort through the "tire kickers". How is your site do all the things you claim. It seems to me, it caters exclusively to the sellers. I don't understand where you are getting the buyers since there is no where for them to sign up.

James2013
03-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Anyone wanting to buy a vehicle applies for financing first. You click on the finance tab and you fill out the form. Then you get approved. Then you test drive the vehicle.

That simple.

Tej.S
03-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Anyone wanting to buy a vehicle applies for financing first. You click on the finance tab and you fill out the form. Then you get approved. Then you test drive the vehicle.

That simple.

Just shut the f*ck up already. Where's the fly swatter when you need it :rolleyes:

roll_over
03-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Once you said huh I stopped reading your posts, only the village idiot says huh

James2013
03-05-2013, 05:36 PM
As for the post about needing a lot of work. Look:

The website has better looking ads than ANY of the free services. The photo's automatically scroll and you can post as many as you wish

Everyone wanting to buy a vehicle (contacting the seller) is asked if they are set up for financing. If not, they are directed to do so, and how by going to the website.

Whether the people buy or not, or whether they saw the ad on the ezcarsandtrucks website or not, they are all directed to this website for this reason to get financing before they buy. <== advertising up the Ying Yang

So the website is set up to make YOU the dealer. YOU now have as much power or more than any dealer to sell your vehicle, and it does not matter where you advertise... the more places the better. All customers that are interested in buying your vehicle will eventually come to this website, if for nothing else than to check out the rate they will get with the financing provided.

Great advertising. Great website. Well designed. Great Financing Available. Money Back Guarantee. I cannot think of ONE more thing this website could offer that could possibly make it MORE superior to any other website on the market right now.

Yet you will not know that, unless you look at it. You will not know that unless you understand the financing and how it works. You will not know that unless you see the Money Back Guarantee. You will not know that unless you see that you pay securely online using PayPal. Finally you will not know that unless you look into it.

Calling it anything at all without investigating is simply not smart.

finboy
03-05-2013, 05:45 PM
I had friends who worked at greatcarsandtrucks, I went by there once and it looked like the movie "boiler room"

The friends I had who worked there mentioned some very sketchy tactics used to sell the ads, and mentioned the money back guarantee was almost impossible to get. I am surprised the place is still allowed to operate under any name.

A790
03-05-2013, 05:48 PM
As for the post about needing a lot of work. Look:

The website has better looking ads than ANY of the free services. The photo's automatically scroll and you can post as many as you wish

Everyone wanting to buy a vehicle (contacting the seller) is asked if they are set up for financing. If not, they are directed to do so, and how by going to the website.

Whether the people buy or not, or whether they saw the ad on the ezcarsandtrucks website or not, they are all directed to this website for this reason to get financing before they buy. &lt;== advertising up the Ying Yang

So the website is set up to make YOU the dealer. YOU now have as much power or more than any dealer to sell your vehicle, and it does not matter where you advertise... the more places the better. All customers that are interested in buying your vehicle will eventually come to this website, if for nothing else than to check out the rate they will get with the financing provided.

Great advertising. Great website. Well designed. Great Financing Available. Money Back Guarantee. I cannot think of ONE more thing this website could offer that could possibly make it MORE superior to any other website on the market right now.

Yet you will not know that, unless you look at it. You will not know that unless you understand the financing and how it works. You will not know that unless you see the Money Back Guarantee. You will not know that unless you see that you pay securely online using PayPal. Finally you will not know that unless you look into it.

Calling it anything at all without investigating is simply not smart.
You clearly didn't read my comments.

ercchry
03-05-2013, 05:50 PM
you know how i know james sucks at the internet? none of my google ads are directing me to his site

Cos
03-05-2013, 05:59 PM

James2013
03-05-2013, 06:00 PM
It all depends on who you want looking at your vehicle. People who want to pre arrange financing? Well those you get. Google people looking, not qualified in any way. No I guess you are not getting those.

Sorry.

James2013
03-05-2013, 06:01 PM
And I do not know who pays $60 but not on ezcarsandtrucks for sure

FraserB
03-05-2013, 06:02 PM
These guys called me when I had a set of tires for sale. Part of the ad was "1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee" and that was only stated so the buyer would know what they came off. The retard that called me couldn't comprehend that I was only selling tires and not an actual Jeep even though I told him a few times, I finally had to hang up.

I'm guessing that his finance rates are up around the 10% mark and target people who are shitty at math and don't know how financing works?

sxtasy
03-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

I'm guessing that his finance rates are up around the 10% mark and target people who are shitty at math and don't know how financing works? I bet you could triple that percentage. I've known some idiots to finance cars at 30%

Unknown303
03-05-2013, 06:04 PM
I think you guys should give him a chance. He sounds like a really nice guy.

FraserB
03-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Reading the conditions of you money back guarantee, you're nothing but a scam artist and a greaseball. It pretty much forces the seller to sell through you in order to have any shot at getting their money back if it doesn't sell.

If after 90 days, of placing your ad with EZcars and Trucks (from the date charged as per your PayPal receipt), you have not sold you vehicle, you need to submit a notarized copy of your title or ownership within 10 days of the 90 days (of that PayPal receipt), showing you still own the vehicle. “Note” if no photo was submitted within 30 days of your ad placement (and PayPal receipt), this Guarantee becomes null and void. Otherwise all customers asking for their money back within the specified time frame will receive a full refund.

Cos
03-05-2013, 06:10 PM

James2013
03-05-2013, 06:10 PM
A790 All I did not reply to you was on something ridiculous.

What? Is somebody just supposed to believe you that you did not sell your vehicle and give you money back?

How are you gonna get proof that they never sold the vehicle?

Only ONE way I know of. A notarized copy of your ownership. Any Bank has a stamp.

Yet who is going to want their money back if it advertises until it sells? If it has not sold, then you probably still want financing backing you up. Why not keep it?

Still if anyone did want their money back, they just submit the proof within the time frame clearly stated, which they agree to BEFORE they list their vehicle, and that is done.

Does the Auto Trader or the Newspaper give you your money back? Does Kijijii give you your money back after you bump your ad over and over again? No. So all & all it is a pretty good deal, especially when the competition is charging between $300-$500 or more in Canada. www.classyauto.com in the USA charges as much as $1,500

Cos
03-05-2013, 06:12 PM

Unknown303
03-05-2013, 06:13 PM

What? Is somebody just supposed to believe you that you did not sell your vehicle and give you money back?

Only ONE way I know of. A notarized copy of your ownership. Any Bank has a stamp.

Yet who is going to want their money back if it advertises until it sells? If it has not sold, then you probably still want financing backing you up. Why not keep it?

Still if anyone did want their money back, they just submit the proof within the time frame clearly stated, which they agree to BEFORE they list their vehicle, and that is done.

Does the Auto Trader or the Newspaper give you your money back? Does Kijijii give you your money back after you bump your ad over and over again? No. So all &amp; all it is a pretty good deal, especially when the competition is charging between $300-$500 or more in Canada. www.classyauto.com in the USA charges as much as $1,500

Yeah guys why give him a hard time over nothing. Can't a guy make an honest buck these days.

speedog
03-05-2013, 06:14 PM

WTF?

You are now just damaging your brand/company - getting into a pissing match on a public forum when you said you were going to stop only makes you look like a bigger fool.

Please just stop embarrassing yourself.

FraserB
03-05-2013, 06:14 PM
What happens in this scenario?

- I list my car with you, pay the $150 and provide the picture showing I have the valid registration
- 85 days later I sell the car through a lead I generated myself

Do I get my money back?

FraserB
03-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303

Yeah guys why give him a hard time over nothing. Can't a guy make an honest buck these days.

Guys, I think Unknown303 works for James. Or maybe is James' other account.

:drama:

A790
03-05-2013, 06:19 PM

Does the Auto Trader or the Newspaper give you your money back? Does Kijijii give you your money back after you bump your ad over and over again? No. So all &amp; all it is a pretty good deal, especially when the competition is charging between $300-$500 or more in Canada. www.classyauto.com in the USA charges as much as $1,500
I'm afraid you're missing the point. Nothing I said was "ridiculous". I raised some valid points.

You are coming in here wondering why you're being perceived as a scam artist but you're asking your potential customers to jump through a bunch of hoops. If you're going to make the money-back guarantee as difficult as it is to claim you might as well not offer it to your customers.

I offer a quality guarantee on my cleaning services. If my customers call me saying I didn't do the job right I send a cleaning team back out there to fix it. I don't demand photographic proof, nor do I ask anything other than "when can my team come back to your home?". The reason is because I want it to be as easy as possible for my clients to take up that guarantee if they have to.

Now, as a business, I sincerely hope they don't have to take up my quality guarantee. But, if they do, I'd rather fulfill it in good faith as opposed to making it a big production for them.

Do you see what I'm saying? Your current model doesn't help the consumer, it helps you, and as a result it shakes our confidence/belief in your business. That shouldn't come as a shock to you.

James2013
03-05-2013, 06:20 PM
For $150 to advertise till it sells is a good deal with NOTHING else. People have told me that. The paper will get far more than that out of you in far less than 3 months.

For $150 to have "Great Finance Companies" backing your sale is a good deal. The Auto Trader never allowed Credit Companies on their book, as it was mostly Dealers that Advertise there. They do NOT want competition.

For $150 to have a Money Back Guarantee at all is a good deal. It is not hard to go to your bank and get a Notary Stamp.

Yet to have all 3 is like a dream come true, and when everybody that is buying vehicles are going to the website to fill out finance forms, you have better advertising for it with more quality people looking than anything I could imagine.

Now I have said enough on this. Some people just want to put people and companies down "good ones" just to be jerks!

I see no suggestions here. Just lame complaints, and mis quotes, and misrepresentation. As NONE of you have ever had a vehicle on the website in the first place to complain! Period.

Unknown303
03-05-2013, 06:22 PM
All I know is this James2013 guy whoever he may be sounds like a stand up guy, and I definitely plan on using his business in the near future!

FraserB
03-05-2013, 06:23 PM
So, do you get your money back if you sell the vehicle yourself before the 90 days are up? What banks are you backed by and provide your financing?

speedog
03-05-2013, 06:24 PM
As NONE of you have ever had a vehicle on the website in the first place to complain! Period.
How many 1,000's of beyond members and you know this how? Period.

FraserB
03-05-2013, 06:25 PM
LOL, already number 1 on Google. Right above the serial sex pervert story.:nut:

A790
03-05-2013, 06:32 PM
I see no suggestions here. Just lame complaints, and mis quotes, and misrepresentation. As NONE of you have ever had a vehicle on the website in the first place to complain! Period.
Perhaps.

I listed my old 1999 Honda Civic SiR on GreatCarsAndTrucks.com, and after 101 days asked for a refund. I had to jump through hoops and ultimately never received a refund.

You're wondering why the response from us has been what it is? It's because your business sounds EXACTLY like GreatCarsAndTrucks.com with a few minor changes.

Your policies regarding the money-back are far from accessible. Hell, your entire value proposition HINGES on this guarantee that you make a hassle to even redeem. Why should I have to go to a bank/notary public to get it notarized to get a refund? I purchased your services thinking you'd sell my vehicle, you didn't, and now I have to do a bunch of hoop jumping to redeem your guarantee? How does that make any sense at all?

I came into this thread honestly hoping to have a genuine conversation about your business and perhaps see if things aren't what they appeared to be. I'm disappointed to see that your stubbornness and lack of consideration for your potential customers prevents such a conversation from taking place.

You aren't making any friends here. My honest advice for you at this point would be to move on and focus your efforts elsewhere.

James2013
03-05-2013, 06:38 PM
There is no hoops. You agree to the terms before you place your ad, and that is all there is to it. You agree first.

No hoops with a Notary.

Yet there is NO OTHER way to know that you have not already sold the vehicle without a notarized copy of your ownership. Period.

No person I can send in to fix the sale or lack of.

If you have any suggestions, that would be one thing. Yet you do not.

FraserB
03-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Are you going to answer the question?

If I sell the vehicle myself, before the 90 days are up, do I get my money back?

Graham_A_M
03-05-2013, 06:41 PM
James, you're making this thread something awesome.

So....

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii312/Graham_A_M/butthurt.png

ercchry
03-05-2013, 06:44 PM
All I know is this James2013 guy whoever he may be sounds like a stand up guy, and I definitely plan on using his business in the near future!

SHILL!!!

James2013
03-05-2013, 06:47 PM
FraserB Are you just talking to look silly? Or are you trying to be silly?

What does the Guarantee say?

Now I will tell you what. I will answer your question as soon as you outline to me how we could possibly make that arrangement. To know for sure that the customer sold his vehicle to someone who never saw the website.

You tell me how we could possibly do that, other than just taking someone word for it, and then I will NOT think your question silly, and answer it.

FraserB
03-05-2013, 06:52 PM
So you are confirming then that unless I want to forfeit my $150, I have to use your site as the sole point of advertising for the full 90 days and not sell it even if I generate my own lead for a sale.

Fine. But to be fair, your guarantee needs to be reworded so it makes it clear that if the vehicle sells at all, regardless of where the lead was generated, the fee is not refunded.

Now can you tell use which financing companies or banks you are associated with.

ipeefreely
03-05-2013, 06:59 PM
F5,F5, F5...

:rofl: :clap:

James2013
03-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Ok FraserB

This is the last time I am going to reply to you, as you have not given me ANY possible suggestions that would not make your question absolutely silly. Yet I will tell you this.

I had a salesman that was selling Yellow Pages ads listen to my pitch, and this is what he said:

"You are really giving these people FAR too much! It's too good to be true! I mean for $150 to advertise till it sells is a good deal with NOTHING else.

Yet also $150 to have "Great Finance Companies" backing your sale is a good deal. The Auto Trader never allowed Credit Companies on their book, as it was mostly Dealers that Advertise there. They do NOT want competition. You are already over the line!

Yet for $150 to have a Money Back Guarantee at all after that is really going too far!

My best advise to you is to remove all that extra stuff, let them list for $150 until it sells, and you beat ME and the Auto Trader and the Paper put together! That is ALL you need".

You can advertise in as many places as you choose. The fact is that without financing, if it is over $10,000 then you are probably NOT going to sell it.

Now I am done talking to you as you not only are being silly but sounding plain childish.

ercchry
03-05-2013, 07:16 PM
serious question... do you believe its still 2002?

James2013
03-05-2013, 07:24 PM
No idea what 2002 has to do with anything.

sr20s14zenki
03-05-2013, 07:37 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/1273_internet_tough_guys_for_teh_lulz_jpeg-s750x600-268408.jpg

roll_over
03-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
serious question... do you believe its still 2002?

Youre so 2000 late

why did hot wheels auto change their name

FraserB
03-05-2013, 07:56 PM
So if its over $10k it probably won't sell? Loooool. Do you think everyone is poor and has to pay 10% or more to finance? This is Calgary, get your head out of your ass.

ercchry
03-05-2013, 07:56 PM
No idea what 2002 has to do with anything.

thats the problem... now isnt it. adapt or die

James2013
03-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Again no idea what you are talking about. I have no idea. www.classyauto.com started around 2002 and are still in business today. They have millions of vehicles on their website. They do not offer financing except through dealers, and dealers are going to sell their vehicles first, before lending money on a private sale.

They have a money back guarantee. I think.

They run at least 3 kinds of packages. They deal a lot with classic cars.

Finally they are a US Company that charges a lot more per ad. They are not accredited with the BBB as ezcarsandtrucks will be... and how many years is that? At least 10 years.

I know the competition. I know what is out there. The kijijii ads are not exactly free (unless you keep reposting them everyday) and I know how sure the Dealers are that you cannot sell your vehicle on your own over $10,000. That is why they generally offer $12,000 on a $20,000 vehicle. They know you are going to have a hard time getting a financed buyer. That is THEIR business!

All this website has done, is to give the customer the advantage of what the Dealers already have. No other company does all this! NONE. I have looked at them all.

Classy is the closest, and like I said, they charge a lot more and are a USA company. They get next to zero traffic in Canada and are really not that interested.

Lot's of Companies have come and gone... but it is just like ANY business. If you are honest, and running a fair deal, then you will last. If not, you will not.

ercchry
03-05-2013, 08:11 PM
everything is shifting away from charging the end user, thats why models like kijiji work. for you to be able to actually charge someone. you have to have HUGE exposure... you do not. the future will be twitter and instagram for selling cars. proven followers, and a HUGE reach in just a few hash tags... you have accounts setup? if so how many followers?

speedog
03-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Honestly, how come the ban stick hasn't been swung yet?

All this idiot is getting is some free publicity, whether it's good or bad doesn't matter, it's still publicity that he didn't have before and it's given him placement on Google he didn't have before. Well played I guess - the bigger fools are us beyond members that perpetuate this thread, myself included.

James2013
03-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Like I said... we have the best advertising program of Qualified Buyers and better than ANY I know of.

The people who advertise on ezcarsandtrucks.com also advertise on other places. Auto Trader. Kijijii, newspaper etc. Yet it does not matter where their customer calls from. The first question they ask is:

"How are you set for Financing?"

Now, the people doing the financing are HIGHLY competitive. They certainly will get people a better rate than the banks will offer. Yet they also take the high risk buyers. So as the advertisers tell the customers to fill out the financing form before they test drive their vehicle, they are telling them for 2 good reasons:

#1 They are probably going to get a better rate, and so it is best to fill out the finance form.

#2 Even if some banks would not finance them, the companies here will finance almost anyone.

So... what does this mean? It means that everyone from all these other places will be coming to ezcarsandtrucks.com to apply for financing at least. So, whether they buy that vehicle or not... they are ON THE SITE.

Not only are they on the site, but they are looking for a vehicle. Not only are they looking for a vehicle but they are arranging financing on the site. Therefore they ARE qualified buyers! More qualified than you are going to get by google searches or people browsing at ads. These people are calling about an ad and arranging credit too!

The advertising therefore is MASSIVE and much better than you could even hope for with radio or TV advertising! Better than twitter or yahoo or anything else out there, as these people are taking the first ACTUAL steps to buying a vehicle on the website.

Graham_A_M
03-05-2013, 08:26 PM

Lot's of Companies have come and gone... but it is just like ANY business. If you are honest, and running a fair deal, then you will last. If not, you will not.

So I guess that explains why you've resurfaced under different names as many times as you have.
:rofl:

Disoblige
03-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Let James prove us wrong. Everything else is just words. Go ahead James, I'll check back with you in 2-3 years. Hopefully you haven't gone insane.

redblack
03-05-2013, 08:32 PM

James, can you help Unknown303 sell his jeep? heres his Kjiji ad.
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2010-Jeep-Wrangler-Sahara-Unlimited-SUV-W0QQAdIdZ459543975

FraserB
03-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by speedog
Honestly, how come the ban stick hasn't been swung yet?

All this idiot is getting is some free publicity, whether it's good or bad doesn't matter, it's still publicity that he didn't have before and it's given him placement on Google he didn't have before. Well played I guess - the bigger fools are us beyond members that perpetuate this thread, myself included.

This thread is top on Google. Followed by the outdoorsman thread, both mention that it is a scam without the searcher having to click on them. I'd say its fine to keep bumping it, worth it if it helps one person keep their money.