PDA

View Full Version : 98 Pathfinder fuel leak?

Hage69
09-30-2012, 09:33 PM
I bought a 1998 Pathfinder and with it came some service records. Earlier today I stopped to fill up and when I got home noticed gas on the floor under the tube that goes from where the nozzle goes to the tank. I'm working on getting a picture of it, but it looks like its coming from the metal piece, not the rubber hosing going to the tank. I see there is a recall for something like this but not sure if its what mine is doing, or if the recall is still affective. Any help or advice would be great. TIA

dj_rice
09-30-2012, 09:41 PM
There is a recall with the 97-2001 Pathfinders for FUEL FILLER TUBE replacement. This might apply to it.

If you can provide your VIN# I can check at work tomorrow and then see if yours has been done. If not, book an appointment at your local Nissan dealer to get it fixed free of charge.

As well, there is a big recall on Pathfinders regarding strut tower housing corrosion.

Hage69
09-30-2012, 09:44 PM
dj_rice yhpm

dj_rice
10-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Glad I could be of help. You'll get your fuel leak issue fixed FREE :)

Hopefully they do your Strut Housing Recall as well.

Hage69
10-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Glad I could be of help. You'll get your fuel leak issue fixed FREE :)

Hopefully they do your Strut Housing Recall as well.

Thanks a lot once again. When I called Sunridge Nissan I got scheduled for both the recalls. Guess I'll to wait till tomorow for them to see

dj_rice
10-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Hage69

Thanks a lot once again. When I called Sunridge Nissan I got scheduled for both the recalls. Guess I'll to wait till tomorow for them to see

Hopefully they have the Fuel Filler Tube recall parts in stock. Would suck if they booked you in and part wasn't in stock.

For the other recall, all Nissans should have ample supply of parts needed to fix as its a major recall.

Hage69
10-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Hopefully they have the Fuel Filler Tube recall parts in stock. Would suck if they booked you in and part wasn't in stock.

For the other recall, all Nissans should have ample supply of parts needed to fix as its a major recall.

Just picked it up a few hours ago and as far as I can tell the leak has stopped and for the strut recall I was told I had minimal amount of rust an it was sanded, primed, and undercoat was applied. Thanks again dj_rice.