PDA

View Full Version : CFA Level 1 at U of C Campus downtown

Canmorite
01-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Anyone else taking this course? It's on Tuesday nights from 6-9PM.

Cheers.

http://conted.ucalgary.ca/search/publicCourseSearchDetails.do?method=load&courseId=66434

woodywoodford
01-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Definately can't hurt, and $800 is a whole lot better than the $2k that other guy's charging in town

Canmorite
01-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Had the first class last night. I find it's mostly review style, so you need to read ahead and be prepared. Great tool to keep you on track. However, bring coffee-it's a long 3 hours.

The_Rural_Juror
01-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Is that with Robinson, Irvine, and the other super smart whacky econ prof?

woodywoodford
01-09-2013, 05:24 PM
That'll be fun after working all day lol. I'm pretty sure the only real benefit for me doing it would be to hold me to a schedule and get everything done before May, as it is right now I slack too much... I start tomorrow night :zzz:

I don't know who teaches level 1 but level 2 is with Robinson... any comments on him?

Canmorite
01-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
Is that with Robinson, Irvine, and the other super smart whacky econ prof?

Robinson is teaching everything but accounting, that's Irvine's role. Don't think there's any other profs scheduled.

Originally posted by woodywoodford
That'll be fun after working all day lol. I'm pretty sure the only real benefit for me doing it would be to hold me to a schedule and get everything done before May, as it is right now I slack too much... I start tomorrow night :zzz:

I don't know who teaches level 1 but level 2 is with Robinson... any comments on him?

Level 1 is taught by Robinson as well. He seems really knowledgeable about the material, hard to 'spice up' CFA material though haha.