PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here at MRU? Access card question

Ctystar
01-08-2013, 09:11 PM
Does anyone know how to get into other departments? Im a business student and would love to access the jounalism building to use their study room especially later during the day or at night. My ID card doesnt let me enter that part of the building unfortunately.. They have nice study rooms that are quiet unlike the library

EG6boi
01-08-2013, 09:18 PM
I don't think you can unless you are registered in a class in that particular department. Even then, sometimes your card still won't work but I'm not sure why.

leftwing
01-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Yeah your access card doesn't really allow you access anywhere. It only works if you are registered in a certain computer lab or what not. It doesn't allow you access to access any room with a swipe pad.

Also, you said your a business student, there is a lot of study room in the business Bissett building. Im assuming you've been on the second floor.

EG6boi
01-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by leftwing
Yeah your access card doesn't really allow you access anywhere. It only works if you are registered in a certain computer lab or what not. It doesn't allow you access to access any room with a swipe pad.

Also, you said your a business student, there is a lot of study room in the business Bissett building. Im assuming you've been on the second floor.

What sucks though is after hours because the doors lock on their own, so your access card doesn't even matter in that case. Better have a friend in the computer lab or you're SOL, and have to call security lol.

WithTheLightsOn
01-09-2013, 03:16 AM
When I was at MRU, our trick was to place either folded paper sheets or a dime between the magnetized metal plates that closed the door. That way the doors would still close automatically, but you would just have to pull to open them without problems.

rx7boi
01-09-2013, 08:38 AM
But the library has so much eye candy :love: :love:

leftwing
01-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by WithTheLightsOn
When I was at MRU, our trick was to place either folded paper sheets or a dime between the magnetized metal plates that closed the door. That way the doors would still close automatically, but you would just have to pull to open them without problems.

Yeah, later at night it was common to put a piece of paper over the lock of the door so when it closed the latch didn't actually lock. If you prop the door open it starts to beep after a while.

Ctystar
01-10-2013, 05:11 PM
I checked out the 2nd floor in the business building and its mostly computer labs. I cant really study in front of a computer lol. Oh well =/

dirtsniffer
01-10-2013, 06:17 PM
I studied in the math help rooms there, mind you, my classes were mostly math based. Also the were some cubicles on the 3rd floor in the main building.. it was a few years ago so it might not be completely relevant now...

leftwing
01-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Ctystar
I checked out the 2nd floor in the business building and its mostly computer labs. I cant really study in front of a computer lol. Oh well =/

Another thing I did during non peak times, was to go to the third floor of the business building and just go sit in an empty classroom.

8baller8
01-11-2013, 11:57 AM
go to U of C digital library and study

dirtsniffer
01-11-2013, 04:03 PM
I have a hard enough time studying there. Go to a public library.