PDA

View Full Version : MGST 391 question

Sara7272
01-17-2013, 06:05 PM
How often is attendance required for the tutorials for this class? Is it actually necessary to go every week, or is it like MKTG 317 where you only show up for the midterms?

I only ask because I work most fridays, and will not be able to get every single friday off it attendance is mandatory. If it's only a couple that I need to go to then I should be ok to take the class.

Kramerica
01-17-2013, 07:08 PM
From experience attendance isn't really required and often a waste of time once the excel stuff starts. Just go through the slides and excel stuff on your own. Make sure you show up when they pick groups though.

cream
01-17-2013, 11:22 PM
Don't bother with the tutorials.

If you're rusty on excel, pay the MGST club for their 5$ tutorial in preparation for their excel test.
Access isn't tested.

If you want to learn, go.

Civic_Drift
01-18-2013, 12:26 AM
I'm in MGST 391 now and my friends who took the class told me attendance for tutorials is optional if you need extra assistance with the group assignments.

They also told me buying the textbook is a waste of money as well.

summerlove.xo
01-18-2013, 01:48 AM
You only need to go to tutorial if you need help on your assignments. Usually the day the assignment is due, everyone is in the computer lab asking questions.

And yes, don't buy the textbook! I just read a few pages from the reserve book in the library when I wanted the extra clarification but everything you need to know for exams is from the powerpoints so don't waste your money on the textbook.

The excel test is EXACTLY like the one that the MGST club offers for $5. I also thought the exam packages were worth paying for.

nicknolte
01-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by summerlove.xo
You only need to go to tutorial if you need help on your assignments. Usually the day the assignment is due, everyone is in the computer lab asking questions.

And yes, don't buy the textbook! I just read a few pages from the reserve book in the library when I wanted the extra clarification but everything you need to know for exams is from the powerpoints so don't waste your money on the textbook.

The excel test is EXACTLY like the one that the MGST club offers for $5. I also thought the exam packages were worth paying for.

This sums it up pretty well.

Also, follow the PowerPoints and class material closely, and you won't even need the tutorials for help on the assignments.