PDA

View Full Version : 2002 RSX Front Bumper Removal

MGCM
01-17-2013, 07:59 PM
Before i blow my money at a shop, i wanted to ask on here to see if anyone wants a case a beer to help me.

Project: HID my RSX

As i understand it, front bumper gotta come off if i wanna install my kit........anyone done this before on an RSX who would take a case of beer in trade for helpin me do this project?

Deetz
01-17-2013, 08:04 PM
You can pop off a front bumper from that car in 5 mins flat! There are a few pop rivets under the hood, a single screw pointed upwards in each fender well, and a couple bolts underneath the car......then it just pulls off

The headlights are easy access then

Disoblige
01-17-2013, 10:11 PM
Do you honestly want your car to look like this to oncoming traffic?

http://www.speedstersource.com/FISH/HID_ACURA_RSX_8K_A.jpg

MGCM
01-17-2013, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Do you honestly want your car to look like this to oncoming traffic?

http://www.speedstersource.com/FISH/HID_ACURA_RSX_8K_A.jpg

nah mine will be brighter :angel: just wait till i decide i want a rally lightbar, then u better hope ur not infront of me at night ;)

Disoblige
01-18-2013, 12:26 AM
If you must, I suggest blacking out the headlights or even a simple shield to reduce glare. Otherwise, disregard whatever I just said and be another inconsiderate driver on the road. :dunno:

MGCM
01-18-2013, 12:40 AM
If you must, I suggest blacking out the headlights or even a simple shield to reduce glare. Otherwise, disregard whatever I just said and be another inconsiderate driver on the road. :dunno:

imho every truck with hids is 1000x worse than a car.

Glare will be dealt with accordingly with eyelids if required, but, the kit i have is designed with glare in mind and should not produce the same results as that pic u posted. In 5 years of running these kits i have never had 1 set make my low beams look like high beams.

The rally lightbar is mostly a joke but id get it if i ever found one cheep enough as i will be volunteering at several rally events in the next several years. If i had a subaru it would be my first mod but its not a popular item for an RSX so my chances of finding one cheep is slim. And i would of course NEVER need to use it within city limits, im not like that, i have a horn for those situations(ppl asleep at green lights)

also in that pic the drivers side headlight should be aimed down, it appears it is aimed up lol

HiSpec
01-18-2013, 05:01 PM
Why not retrofits?

Disoblige
01-18-2013, 05:15 PM
99% of people like easy. That's why you rarely see any retrofits out on the street, which is good for people who do have retrofits :D

HiSpec
01-18-2013, 06:28 PM
99% of people like easy. That's why you rarely see any retrofits out on the street, which is good for people who do have retrofits :D

Once you go retrofit/OEM HID projector, it's hard to go back.

MGCM
01-18-2013, 06:54 PM
i guess nobody likes free beer...........o well

Disoblige
01-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by HiSpec

Once you go retrofit/OEM HID projector, it's hard to go back.
I completely agree. It's probably the best mod on my car.

I can't wait to do it on my bike this year.

lison
01-18-2013, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by MGCM

imho every truck with hids is 1000x worse than a car.

Glare will be dealt with accordingly with eyelids if required, but, the kit i have is designed with glare in mind and should not produce the same results as that pic u posted. In 5 years of running these kits i have never had 1 set make my low beams look like high beams.

The rally lightbar is mostly a joke but id get it if i ever found one cheep enough as i will be volunteering at several rally events in the next several years. If i had a subaru it would be my first mod but its not a popular item for an RSX so my chances of finding one cheep is slim. And i would of course NEVER need to use it within city limits, im not like that, i have a horn for those situations(ppl asleep at green lights)

also in that pic the drivers side headlight should be aimed down, it appears it is aimed up lol

I'm not sure if the kit can really be designed for glare reduction :dunno:
Without projectors the light beams really just scatter like no tomorrow.
If the kit instructions are to install like this link (http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/lighting/127307-diy-reduce-hid-glare.html) and charge more then it's not worth it?

Point4Dave
03-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Please don't stick plug n play in that housing. Shit I'll help you retrofit it just to keep more halogen glare off the damn streets.