PDA

View Full Version : MRU classes without final exams?

Sakic10
02-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Hey guys! First post, been lurking for a long time on this site. Love it.

Wondering if anyone can help with my problem, my brother is getting married in Mexico on December 10th, which just happens to fall exactly into the exam period for my last semester of my degree...now I've already completed all core classes and just need 3 more electives to finish the degree off...

Does anyone know if the faculty will defer an exam for a wedding? I asked the registar and they had no idea.

If not, can anyone recommend me some classes that don't have exams?

I'm thinking as a precaution I might take ENTR 3370 as a block course in may, leaving me with only two to screw around with in the fall.

Thanks in advance

Kobe
02-17-2013, 09:01 PM
Pretty sure it has 2 be something like a death in a family for them 2 defer it.. They kept tellin us not 2 making any vacations till we know when the finals are since they wouldn't defer it for leaving the country.. (Wedding = Vacation IMO)

EG6boi
02-18-2013, 02:48 AM
Any of the ENTR usually don't have exams. I took ENTR 4433 and there was no final. I also took MGMT 3230 (Business law) and there was no final but it is dependent on the professor's preference. :dunno:

Sakic10
02-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Yeah, and I wouldn't normally take a vacation then...he kind of screwed people with that wedding date.

I've already taken Business Law but I'll look into the other one...

macman64
02-23-2013, 01:16 PM
Into to Film studies normally has 1 online section that has an online final.

The final is written and can be done over a few days. The only thing to be careful about it is that you often can't get to blackboard from too far from Calgary. So you need a way to connect to a home computer etc.

swak
02-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Intro Speech

403ep3
02-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Intro to speech had a final exam.. well mine did

SAGE classes are online and have no exams

EG6boi
02-23-2013, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by macman64
Into to Film studies normally has 1 online section that has an online final.

The final is written and can be done over a few days. The only thing to be careful about it is that you often can't get to blackboard from too far from Calgary. So you need a way to connect to a home computer etc.

Took this online too two semesters ago. Ridiculously boring (IMO) but easy A. Final was the same for me; couple of days to do it. I finish it on the same day he releases it so I can peace it!

Sakic10
03-04-2013, 09:51 PM
I've done film studies unfortunately...