PDA

View Full Version : MRU BBA Admission

kevin1
02-19-2013, 11:47 PM
Hi I am about to apply for the BBA program at Mount Royal. I am going to apply with an 82 in Psych, 80 in Social 30-1, 72 in Biology 30, 64 in Math 30 Pure and 60 in English 30-1, it works out to about a 71% average. I was hoping to get some feedback on what grades you guys applied with (if you did apply to the BBA program). Do you think I have a chance of getting admitted? any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

T-Dubbs
02-20-2013, 09:53 AM
Isn't entrance to the business school like 3.5 GPA?

403ep3
02-20-2013, 09:57 AM
It depends on grades but it also depends on how many people are applying to the same program with possibly higher grades than you.

Lol the classes that are more important for you for a business degree seem to be the ones you struggle with.

OneGreasyHobo
02-20-2013, 10:47 AM
I know to transfer from degree to degree you need above a 3.0.

dj_patm
02-20-2013, 10:52 AM
Math might hurt you but besides that you should be okay.

Take the General Management major with an SCM minor. The SCM program at MRU is desperate for people so I'm sure that you'll have a better shot with that then say marketing and the SCM minor will give you a lot of options after grad. Just a tip.

:thumbsup:

woodywoodford
02-20-2013, 11:11 AM
Don't you have to do general studies for a year before you can get into business anyway? You'll get into that just fine, and as long as you nail the first year you're set.

Sakic10
02-20-2013, 02:50 PM
I transferred from SAIT because my high school grades were slightly too low (65%) avg, so you having a 71% should get you in.

vtec4life
02-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Apply for general studies of some sort, get in and kill your last 5 courses prior to the appication period - which is what they take into account for acceptance the next year.

You can shadow the BBA program for a couple of years albeit some courses are restricted to BBA students.

OneGreasyHobo
02-20-2013, 04:45 PM
^^ Yea if you dont get in, do open studies and take the courses that you can. Then apply next year.

EG6boi
02-25-2013, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by dj_patm
Math might hurt you but besides that you should be okay.

Take the General Management major with an SCM minor. The SCM program at MRU is desperate for people so I'm sure that you'll have a better shot with that then say marketing and the SCM minor will give you a lot of options after grad. Just a tip.

:thumbsup:

Yeah LSCM is hurting pretty bad lol. Had some SC profs come in and try to promote us to take LSCM courses within our accounting program. But LSCM is pretty interesting if you like management!

gatorade
03-03-2013, 06:16 PM
You'll be fine, you should get in easily as long as you applied early. If not just apply for open studies, then ace all your courses and transfer into the major.