PDA

View Full Version : Forums Super Laggy Today

schocker
02-26-2013, 09:13 PM
Forums seem pretty laggy today (loading and scrolling ). Thought it was just my computer at the office but it is doing the same thing at home :confused:

Mixalot27
02-26-2013, 09:21 PM
scrolling was lagging hard for me in firefox. I switched to Internet Explorer and it seems to be working fine.

Graham_A_M
02-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Im using Firefox too, I was wondering WTF is going on, I knew it wasn't my computer since everything else is normal speed, but wow this was painful. Seems fine now, but. :dunno:

benyl
02-26-2013, 10:09 PM
I think it is all the Flash based advertising.

It sucks in FF and IE.

My work Comp is running Chrome for a browser now because it lags so much in IE and FF.

DeleriousZ
02-27-2013, 09:45 AM
Yeah every once in a while at home it will be laggy to the point of un-useable. I'll try switching from FF to chrome next time it happens and see if that helps.

Mibz
02-27-2013, 09:54 AM
DOWN WITH ADS

FREE BEYOND

I'M SICK OF BLACK SERIES BEING BOUGHT FROM THE SWEAT OF MY RIGHT HAND

STAND UP TO THE MAN

NO ASIANS

JRSC00LUDE
02-27-2013, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
DOWN WITH ADS

FREE BEYOND

STAND UP TO THE MAN

NO ASIANS

What he said.

Except I'm left handed. And append to Asians with Polish and Jew!

:rofl:

Tik-Tok
02-27-2013, 11:11 AM
I noticed it 2 days ago when I updated Java, but after I reset my computer it was fine.

ercchry
02-27-2013, 11:19 AM
i get it every time i have the double mc dick ads, banner and first post

roopi
02-27-2013, 11:20 AM
DOWN WITH ADS

FREE BEYOND

STAND UP TO THE MAN

NO ASIANS

:rofl:

DeleriousZ
02-27-2013, 11:33 AM
You guys don't use an add blocking plugin? It makes such a big difference in your browsing experience if you do. No more youtube commercials, no more angry banners or popups...

Mibz
02-27-2013, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by DeleriousZ
You guys don't use an add blocking plugin? It makes such a big difference in your browsing experience if you do. No more youtube commercials, no more angry banners or popups...
General Forum Rules

12. Active Ad Blocking Software is prohibited BAN

DeleriousZ
02-27-2013, 12:40 PM
lol, brutal. makes sense i guess tho, no other way to pay for webhosting space.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-v6RVemJFqRA/T5BXML5SNmI/AAAAAAAAADg/50lLS_8s-y0/s1600/nothing-to-do-here.jpg

schocker
02-27-2013, 06:07 PM
It is happening again, was fine all day until now :confused:

FraserB
02-27-2013, 06:10 PM
I get that ad revenue pays for the forum, but HOLY FUCK is this bad.

Pretty sure they can't tell if you're using adblock anyways.

DeleriousZ
02-27-2013, 07:15 PM
Maybe it's just crazy bogged down with traffic? It doesn't really do it at off-peak times for me.

edit, seems much better using chrome.

dj_rice
02-27-2013, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by benyl
I think it is all the Flash based advertising.

It sucks in FF and IE.

My work Comp is running Chrome for a browser now because it lags so much in IE and FF.

Yeap. I think your right. I can't even surf Beyond without opening my Task Manager and shutting down my Adobe Flash plugin so I can scroll the forums.

Was about to toss my laptop through a window so glad its not the laptop.

What program do I need to download so I can surf Beyond

ercchry
02-27-2013, 08:20 PM
just wait till mc dicks has their free coffee day and life will return to normal

AndyL
02-28-2013, 10:33 AM
Just a dumb similar-ish question... Seemed to arrise with the slowness.

When I'm surfing from the 'droids (tablet/phone/garage pc (mk802 w/ monitor)) imageshack and photobucket images aren't showing... Most just come up with the little broken link [?] - but from my PCs they're showing fine???

Pacman
02-28-2013, 10:47 AM
I've been noticing the same thing. If I open up a few threads, the whole computer jams up and I can't scroll for a few minutes until it un freezes.

I'm glad I found this thread, as I was just about to reformat the HD as I thought it was screwed up.

rage2
02-28-2013, 10:58 AM
Can you guys having problems tell me what version of IE you're using? Or if it's another browser, browser type and version?

I'm on IE9, I routinely open 10+ threads at a time to read, and don't have this problem. I am on the latest Flash though. The only time I have lag is when I'm in my PM box, but that's because I have 9000+ PM's, which isn't possible for anyone but admins.

I've seen the McD's ad many times, and never had lag. That should help me troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks.

Mibz
02-28-2013, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Can you guys having problems tell me what version of IE you're using?

I'm on IE9, I routinely open 10+ threads at a time to read, and don't have this problem. I am on the latest Flash though. The only time I have lag is when I'm in my PM box, but that's because I have 9000+ PM's, which isn't possible for anyone but admins.

I've seen the McD's ad many times, and never had lag. That should help me troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks. Under what circumstances did you quintuple post yesterday?

rage2
02-28-2013, 11:02 AM
Under what circumstances did you quintuple post yesterday?
I usually edit my posts a lot, and I click back and edit. I didn't realize my back page was a new post page, and not edit post. If you looked at the posts before I deleted it, every single one is different, subtle edit here and there.

So essentially, I'm retarded. :rofl:

ercchry
02-28-2013, 11:14 AM
latest firefox, latest flash... two computers... always when that friggin mc dicks ad is doubled up

FraserB
02-28-2013, 12:13 PM
IE8 with latest Flash

Latest FF with latest Flash

Worse on FF

dirtsniffer
02-28-2013, 12:26 PM
shity slow on firefox

rookie101
02-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Firefox with latest Flash. Completely freezes and have to use task manager to close Beyond. Started Tuesday night for me. Brutally slow, I've never seen it anything like this before.

Moonracer
02-28-2013, 01:13 PM
yup same thing here slow as shit and just say fuck it.
Latest Fire fox and flash

roopi
02-28-2013, 01:53 PM
If you haven't figured it out by the last 4 posts maybe you should ditch Firefox. :)

ercchry
02-28-2013, 02:00 PM
or maybe kenny/rage should go into their ad sense account and tell the mc dicks ad to fuck off!

seriously...

1. why in the flying fuck can a giant corp like mc dicks not make an ad that isnt so fucking resource heavy

2. who was the genius to set their ad words settings to all and unlimited budget... like really, upper and lower banner + square box ads in posts ALL at once?! fuck off already. its free coffee. i dont care :banghead:

rage2
02-28-2013, 02:26 PM
We've already reported it. That's beyond our control when they get taken out of rotation. I'm just trying to duplicate the problem and see if there's a code workaround that we can do.

ercchry
02-28-2013, 03:29 PM
so am i wrong in thinking these are adsense ads?

cause if they are... log in, click allow & block ads tab...

Use this page to block ads leading to specific URLs from appearing on your site by entering URLs in the box below. Please don't click the ad to find its URL, since that's against AdSense program policies.
Enter the display URL shown on the ad or the destination URL to block new and existing ads. To learn how to find the URL or format the URL to block ads from the right pages, view our guide.

and add this bitch

http://www.mcdonalds.ca/ca/en/restaurant_locator.html

kenny
02-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
so am i wrong in thinking these are adsense ads?

cause if they are... log in, click allow & block ads tab...

Yes. We run adsense ads, but the ads in question are not being served from there. The laggy ads are from the AOL ad network which we don't have direct control of.

Moonracer
02-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
or maybe kenny/rage should go into their ad sense account and tell the mc dicks ad to fuck off!

seriously...

1. why in the flying fuck can a giant corp like mc dicks not make an ad that isnt so fucking resource heavy

2. who was the genius to set their ad words settings to all and unlimited budget... like really, upper and lower banner + square box ads in posts ALL at once?! fuck off already. its free coffee. i dont care :banghead:

Yeah exactly, why should I have to change my browser just because mc dicks has and ad on beyond. :D

kenny
02-28-2013, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer

Yeah exactly, why should I have to change my browser just because mc dicks has and ad on beyond. :D

Blame Timmys! Roll-Up causing coffee sales at McDonalds to drop so they have to counter. We're just caught in the crossfire :P

ercchry
02-28-2013, 04:10 PM
omg.. 5 pages in a row without mc dicks... something is working :love:

Moonracer
02-28-2013, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by kenny

Blame Timmys! Roll-Up causing coffee sales at McDonalds to drop so they have to counter. We're just caught in the crossfire :P

haha good point! Fuckin timmies I can't even get a coffee from there half the time now anyways because it's so busy.:banghead:

C_Dave45
03-01-2013, 06:30 PM
AAAAGggghhhh!!!! It's fuckin annoying as hell.

I'll check back in a week to see if it's fixed. Otherwise, fuck this shitty browsing. CPU is up to 90% when beyond is open.

*edit*....wow..that's nice, I can cruise here now. I couldn't even scroll to read this thread the other day. Is that what it is/was, the McD's ads? strange.

Can a person just keep hitting refresh until the McD ad gets replaced with a different one?