PDA

View Full Version : Beyond's preferred LBS & hybrid suggestions?

Strider
03-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Looking to purchase hybrid / dual sport bikes for myself and my wife in the next week or two...

So far on paper, it seems like the Giant Roam 2 / Rove 2 have the most bang for the buck. We've test ridden them, and they seem to be fine, but we'd be cheating ourselves if we didn't try out some others in the same ~$600 price range.

On my list are:
- Rocky Mountain Whistler 10/30
- Trek 8.3 DS
- Specialized Crosstrail (although these seem much more expensive to get equivalent components)

Any others that I need to consider?

Also, once we settle on a bike, next it'll come down to pricing and after-sales support.

We were at Bike Bros in Cochrane and the guys seem super knowledgeable, but they couldn't match Ridley's on price and they offer 1 year of free adjustments.

Cyclepath will match Ridley's price and the sales guy said they offer lifetime adjustments (not sure how iron clad that is), but they didn't seem as helpful or knowledgeable.

Any LBS that stands out well above the rest?

Probably leaning towards Ridley's atm as they seemed knowledgeable and are close.

phreezee
03-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Bowcycle doesn't sell Giant, but they do sell Kona and they are great bang for the buck in Hybrids. I bought a Kona Dew Plus from there... recommended it to a friend and he also bought one. Looks like you are looking for a front suspension though.

Only place I know that sells RM is TheBikeShop.