PDA

View Full Version : SAIT or Bow Valley for Legal Assistant program?

prettylude
03-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Just wondering what everyone's opinions were on both schools and programs at each school.
Any advice would be very much appreciated!!!
:D

roopi
03-06-2013, 12:55 PM
I don't know anything about the program but if I had to choose I would definately take SAIT over Bow Valley.

prettylude
03-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by roopi
I don't know anything about the program but if I had to choose I would definately take SAIT over Bow Valley.

I agree, SAIT is my favorite out of the two but I don't know much about either schools. Thanks! (:

Stephen81
03-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Ditto. I had to finish my degree through UofL at the Bow Valley campus. One poverty coffee shop that always ran out of cups vs. Tim's and Starbucks at SAIT. It might sound unreasonable to chose post-sec based on supply of coffee shops but it's not really.

bignerd
03-06-2013, 09:59 PM
I always think of Bow Valley as not a "real" school... so I would choose SAIT.

WithTheLightsOn
03-07-2013, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by stephen_haxton
Ditto. I had to finish my degree through UofL at the Bow Valley campus. One poverty coffee shop that always ran out of cups vs. Tim's and Starbucks at SAIT. It might sound unreasonable to chose post-sec based on supply of coffee shops but it's not really.

to be fair though, Bow Valley now has one of the busiest Tims of the city. Brilliant idea to open a franchise on the ctrain platform.

prettylude
03-09-2013, 12:09 AM
Loool thanks everyone, I'm definitely going to SAIT! :D

kvg
03-09-2013, 12:21 AM
Good decision

cgyITguy
03-10-2013, 11:57 PM
Great Decision. SAIT to Bow Valley is about the same as Fruit Loops is to Fruity Hoops

prettylude
03-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by cgyITguy
Great Decision. SAIT to Bow Valley is about the same as Fruit Loops is to Fruity Hoops

Ahahaha made my morning!! Its true though, as bad as I feel for saying it I feel like Bow Valley is like one of those U.S. community colleges you see on the commercials at 3am.

Besides, I'm looking into going to U of C after SAIT.

Thanks again everyone!! (:

Super_Geo
03-11-2013, 08:15 AM
Yup, good call.

SAIT is a well respected institution in Calgary. Not to be a dick, but I would probably skip over resumes from BVC. Now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever met a BVC grad in the corporate world.

JustinMCS
03-11-2013, 09:01 AM
My friend took the course at SAIT and loved it and got hired immediately after and actually has jumped from firm to firm, each offering better and better each time.

prettylude
03-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
Yup, good call.

SAIT is a well respected institution in Calgary. Not to be a dick, but I would probably skip over resumes from BVC. Now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever met a BVC grad in the corporate world.

In my opinion, that's not being a dick. That's speaking your honest opinion and that's exactly why I created this thread. I really appreciate everyone's input actually (: Also good to know BVC grads aren't taken so seriously. Kind of a shame!

Originally posted by JustinMCS
My friend took the course at SAIT and loved it and got hired immediately after and actually has jumped from firm to firm, each offering better and better each time.

I've also heard nothing but positive feedback! I couldn't be more excited to get my diploma and work for a firm! I guess I just wanted a third party opinion.

SAIT is clearly where its at haha thanks for confirming my decision!

Clever
03-11-2013, 03:06 PM
I graduated last year in may from SAIT, now doing a post diploma degree, pm me if you have any questions.