PDA

View Full Version : Another school question - Queen E?

Ariakas
03-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Hey all,

I'm thinking of moving to Hillhurst area, not in Calgary currently. I got 2 elementary age kids and wondering how Queen Elizabeth school is. It's nice that elementary, junior high and senior high are near each other. Anyone have experience with that school? If so, how was it? Thanks all.

sexualbanana
03-12-2013, 05:12 PM
I went there for jr high waaay back in the day. It's not a bad school. A lot of the students got bussed in from various parts of the city because of their GATE program. I don't know if that's still the case.

jdmakkord
03-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Went there for jr and sr high. It's an older established community so most of the kids are bussed in.

Thomas Gabriel
03-12-2013, 08:46 PM
Went to the elementary and HS. Had a bitchy teacher in elementary so I changed schools for grade 5/6. I doubt she's still there though.

sheik_yerbouti
03-12-2013, 09:13 PM
It's a good school with a good mixture of kids. My friend that teaches there loves it.

Civic_Drift
03-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Went to Queen Elizabeth Elementary for kindergarten only, but had some pretty good memories there. From what I hear now, it's still a pretty good school with a strong reputation and as a result, enrolment has been increasing on a yearly basis.