PDA

View Full Version : Evening vs Day classses (Calgary vs Lethbridge)

Vmack
03-15-2013, 09:46 AM
So anyone who's seen my other posts knows I'm looking to move to calgary.
Right now I'm applying to University of Lethbridge for their Bach. Management, Accounting program as a second degree since I an finish it in 2-3 years.
Now I have an option for applying do I go to the Calgary or Lethbridge campus?

The tradeoffs are that Calgary is evening courses (I can work during the day), and rent is likely going to be more expensive, but its where I want to end up.

Lethbridge is daytime courses (can work evenings), rent is approx $2500 for 4 month semesters with roommate. I'd have to move to Calgary after I'm done school since I don't want to live in leth

Thoughts?

403ep3
03-15-2013, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Vmack

I'd have to move to Calgary after I'm done school since I don't want to live in Calgary.

Thoughts?

taemo
03-15-2013, 10:45 AM
I would rather get an office job during the day and study in the evening, more exposure and experience to the business you are trying to get into.
I don't think you can do that if you study during the day.

Vmack
03-15-2013, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by 403ep3
lmao i meant i dont want to live in leth

woodywoodford
03-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Evening courses suck major d

themack89
03-15-2013, 12:22 PM
If you take night classes after long day of work, better make sure you have the endurance and can keep focus.

If it was me, I would take the day time classes and work at night. Who gives a shit if you're tired as hell at work, but if you're tired as hell at school then you don't learn anything, your grades suffer, and you hate your life.

I've seen it many times.

Clever
03-15-2013, 01:36 PM
I'm currently going to Uleth Calgary campus, I agree with what has been said above, I had to withdraw from one of my courses yesterday thinking I could do 5 courses in a week after a full day and going to class, so if you can learn from my mistake do 3-4 classes per semester if you're planning to work full time during the day.

Vmack
03-15-2013, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Clever
I'm currently going to Uleth Calgary campus, I agree with what has been said above, I had to withdraw from one of my courses yesterday thinking I could do 5 courses in a week after a full day and going to class, so if you can learn from my mistake do 3-4 classes per semester if you're planning to work full time during the day.
Thanks. I'm thinking I'll be trying to do the program at Lethbridge. Just seems like it'll be easier to focus on class there during the day. Hopefully I can find a decent part time evening job to help pay for it

Stephen81
03-15-2013, 06:04 PM
Dude, just do it in Calgary. It's not THAT bad. I did it while working full-time. You can fit two classes in on Saturday's and take two or three during the weeknights, you'll still have three days off school. Honestly, unless you're younger and really keen on living the 'University' lifestyle you're better off getting a more decent day job up here in Calg and grinding it out.

Plus, because basically all the students in Calg are working full-time I found the profs (who work full-time day jobs downtown too) are pretty understanding.

Vmack
03-16-2013, 12:10 PM
well I applied. so IF i get in, lethbridge was option 1, calgary was 2. Might just be easier on me and allow me to focus on school, once I'm done hopefully I wont have any problems finding work in Calgary