PDA

View Full Version : Bike Radar

phreezee
03-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Got radar'ed under the 10st Bridge today going home by CPS and not just By-law.

I was going slow due to headwind and being over dressed for +14C, but one guy got nabbed.

Post in this thread if you got radar'ed and where. I'm curious if this increase in enforcement amounts to a crack down. I've hit speed traps more in the past 6 months than the previous 4 years.

ExtraSlow
03-20-2013, 07:50 PM
what was your score, I mean speed?

ercchry
03-20-2013, 07:57 PM
so whats the process if you are speeding... but not carrying ID?

USED1
03-20-2013, 08:04 PM
How can they ticket you when you don't have and aren't required to have a speedometer on your bike. Pretty easy to fight this ticket I think.

phreezee
03-20-2013, 08:07 PM
My speedometer has been broken all winter, and I didn't look at my watch but I'm guessing 18-22kph in a 10... but I was going downhill officer...

I've never actually been stopped, so I don't know the answer to the no ID question... maybe someone else can answer it.

93VR6
03-21-2013, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by phreezee
My speedometer has been broken all winter, and I didn't look at my watch but I'm guessing 18-22kph in a 10... but I was going downhill officer...

I've never actually been stopped, so I don't know the answer to the no ID question... maybe someone else can answer it.

I've done the no ID thing while getting a not having proof of fare payment on the c-train, as long as you seem friendly and come up with a reasonable lie they're not going to give you too hard of a time.

phreezee
03-21-2013, 09:30 AM
Correction to the above, that area is actually a 20kph zone.

bigboom
03-21-2013, 03:10 PM
the only other place i've seen radar other than by the 10th street bridge is on the pathway by Beanz right by Memorial. Most often though I see them by the 10th street bridge.

swak
03-21-2013, 03:14 PM
Haha. A speeding ticket on a bike... Something to be proud of, no? Haha.. But the pathway limit is 20. Something any toerag on a 14" bicycle should be able to do granny geared.

Such lame!!!!

lilmira
03-21-2013, 04:14 PM
I like riding on bike path except the area through downtown park area. You get the clueless group walking side by side sweeping the whole width of the path for evidence. Even better, you get the bright parents pushing their kid on a stroller on the BIKE PATH! I guess they do have wheels.

swak
03-21-2013, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by lilmira
I like riding on bike path except the area through downtown park area. You get the clueless group walking side by side sweeping the whole width of the path for evidence. Even better, you get the bright parents pushing their kid on a stroller on the BIKE PATH! I guess they do have wheels.

... and fruit booters with skate strides taking up 3/4 of the paved path.

megavolt
03-22-2013, 02:45 PM
Friend at work was telling me he got pulled over by the cops there on Wednesday. Caught doing 29 and told it was a 10 zone under the bridge there. No ticket. Obviously just an awareness campaign because someone complained about 'those crazy bikers'.

lasimmon
03-22-2013, 02:50 PM
I was thoroughly confuses reading this thread until I realized we were talking about pedals bikes...