PDA

View Full Version : I think it was time...

heavyfuel
03-27-2013, 07:08 PM
Finally got around to doing the first round of maintenance on my 05 Ram 3500 that I acquired back in November. Didn't bother then cuz I never really drove it much. Figured I had time so I gave 'er today. Fuel filter was black, but not too too caked... tranny fluid was meh, smelled a bit burnt and no longer red, but no big chunks of metal in the pan.. the air filter, however...

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr150/2500calgary/IMG-20130327-00083_zps399eeb59.jpg

Funny thing is the truck still ran pretty good lol I just can't believe the shit I missed when I got it... Didn't check the air filter, there was a piece of black tape over the ABS light lol found that one when I had the cluster out, replacing bulbs. Turned out it needed an ABS module, that only cost $100 at Western and took minutes to put in. F'n thing had an Edge Mileage Max, missed that one too, took it out and it runs 100000x better. Blew a bit of white smoke when it was cold, but some 2 stroke oil took care of that, quieted right down and runs like new. Just gotta do the diffs and t-case now when I got time, and I think I may put company decals on this one.

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr150/2500calgary/abc2_zpsedcd66db.jpg

FraserB
03-27-2013, 07:16 PM
Sharp looking truck:)

Bedliner in the back already?

heavyfuel
03-27-2013, 07:42 PM
^^ Yep. It's ridiculously clean for 250000kms, bedliner looks like new.

DeleriousZ
03-27-2013, 08:02 PM
But how are you going to save for a house if you keep spending money on trucks? ;)

corsvette
03-27-2013, 08:26 PM
I just wonder how the previous owner maintained the rest of the truck. That air filter is gross!

Truck looks good though :thumbsup:

Sugarphreak
03-27-2013, 08:52 PM

Kloubek
03-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Never seen an air filter that bad. Or even remotely CLOSE to that bad.

Sugarphreak
03-27-2013, 09:04 PM

Graham_A_M
03-27-2013, 09:15 PM
250k on a '05? holy shit.
Yeah wow, that may as well be the original air filter.

heavyfuel
03-27-2013, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by DeleriousZ
But how are you going to save for a house if you keep spending money on trucks? ;)

I realized, that my Subie, last April, was a mistake. I knew I'd never get close to what I should for my Subie. I also knew that any money I'd have to spend on the Subie, I'd never get back since the only way to make money with cars is delivering ginger beef or selling drugs, neither of which I will consider. As much as I didn't need a 3rd truck, I needed a money draining car even less. So I took $2000 plus that truck, for my car. Now I can advertise with it since it's not offensive like my black Dodge, and if by some stroke of luck I get busy again I can rent a trailer and double my daily take. And if it does blow up and I have to sink money into it I can always make it back down the road. Vehicles are liabilities but I've always made money with trucks.

Originally posted by corsvette
I just wonder how the previous owner maintained the rest of the truck. That air filter is gross!

Truck looks good though :thumbsup:

So far so good.. the tranny doesn't slip, no dreaded Dodge death wobble and the H46 linkage recall hasn't even been done on it. Here's hoping

Rat Fink
03-27-2013, 09:53 PM

spikerS
03-27-2013, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Never seen an air filter that bad. Or even remotely CLOSE to that bad.

Dude, I have seen SOOO much worse than that. I used to work as a fast lube tech way back when, and people would come in with air filters an oily blob, and still not opt to replace it when you show a new one and theirs side by side.

some people have NO CLUE when it comes to basic maintenance.