PDA

View Full Version : What Happens if You Forget To Apply To Graduate (MRU)

dj_patm
04-06-2013, 01:10 AM
Im finishing my last class this semester and I forgot that I needed to apply to graduate and now the deadline has passed. I don't plan on going to convocation so I never really thought about this.

Do I just apply next year and get my dumb piece of paper next year? Can I apply to graduate spring semester?

I'll call on Monday but I figured I could try just looking for some simple answers earlier.

swak
04-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Yup. You can apply to grad spring sem. They'll just mail you the parchment. (I never did convocation).

Maybe they can pull strings if you call though and get it done for April.

Pacman
04-08-2013, 08:27 AM
I did the same thing when I finished university. Never bothered to apply as I didn't care about the convocation ceremony.

I called down to the registrars office and they had a note on my file that I can completed all of the courses for a degree. Whenever a hiring company would do a background check to verify education (which they seem all the time) the registrars office would simply confirm that I had completed all of the courses.

I don't see it being a problem, just apply next year and they will mail it out to you.